Whats the best vapor i can get for under $75?

JoeyForte

Ive vaped before, but its only been on a ****ty Mini BCC. It was a Pink Spot Mini BCC and it broke...

So now im looking to get an upgrade.

The only thing is...i have no idea what im doing.

So i need your help. Can someone find me a good build for under $75? I know $75 isnt a lot of money to work with, but ive seen a couple that im interested in.

I was looking at buying a Kanger SUBOX Mini or an iJUST 2. Which one should i get, or please give me some ideas for better ones you have in mind.

P.S. Im going through vape withdrawals. So dont recommend one that will break with it just simply just being in your pocket, like my Mini BCC did.

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with the subbox mini kit... but for the same money, you could pick up an iStick 50W and a couple of quality tanks like the Kanger ProTank2, Kanger AeroTank V2, or Aspire Davide tanks.  The subtank will work with "normal" Ohm cols... 1.5 Ohm, and will allow you to build your own on the RBA deck, but these are for more advanced users, not really the best option, IMO, for someone starting out.  An iStick 50W will give you HUGE battery life, and allow you to grow into higher Wattage tanks and sub-ohming (which is NOT for everyone, nor is it an expected progression for vapers).  The Kanger and Davide tanks will allow you to use factory coils from 0.8-2.5 Ohm (wide range), and they produce great flavor (my preference is the Aerotanks using 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm coils).  The goal is to stay away from smoking, and an iStick paired with a good, rugged tank will keep you going for years.  No need to jump into sub-ohming, rechargeable batteries, rebuildables, etc. just because the kit is "affordable", and a "kit" :)   If purchased online, $75 will get you an iStick, two tanks, and a box of coils... and probably a few bucks left over for the important part... JUICE!

I have to agree with Earthling on the iStick 50W and the Kanger Pro Tanks. As you've already experienced, it's not a good idea to have only one set up. When something goes wrong with the only thing you have, you're pretty much SOL. We recommend back ups. Many, many back ups. Or as many as you can afford and then build on those so you're never without should something go wrong.

The Eleaf iSick 50W is a solid variable voltage/variable wattage battery with 4400 mAh so it could easily last three days on one charge. They're very rugged and feel good in the hand.

The Kanger Pro Tanks have proven themselves to be very dependable with great performance (otherwise they wouldn't have lasted this long). With the right juice, you can create quite a bit of flavor and vapor at a very low price. The replacement coils (don't forget those!), are very inexpensive as well.  :)

Good points, I have the iStick 50 watt too, it is a solid unit as well. I suggested the subox (meaning the kit) as it comes with both the .5 and the 1.2 ohm coils, plus the build deck. I prefer the subox when not at home as I can carry a couple extra 18650s. The iStick only lasts me a few hours with a .25 coil running at 40 watts or so. I have found I like certain tanks on each mod, and didn't think of mixing. Kind of set in my ways, lol.

Nothing wrong with the subbox mini kit... but for the same money, you could pick up an iStick 50W and a couple of quality tanks like the Kanger ProTank2, Kanger AeroTank V2, or Aspire Davide tanks.  The subtank will work with "normal" Ohm cols... 1.5 Ohm, and will allow you to build your own on the RBA deck, but these are for more advanced users, not really the best option, IMO, for someone starting out.  An iStick 50W will give you HUGE battery life, and allow you to grow into higher Wattage tanks and sub-ohming (which is NOT for everyone, nor is it an expected progression for vapers).  The Kanger and Davide tanks will allow you to use factory coils from 0.8-2.5 Ohm (wide range), and they produce great flavor (my preference is the Aerotanks using 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm coils).  The goal is to stay away from smoking, and an iStick paired with a good, rugged tank will keep you going for years.  No need to jump into sub-ohming, rechargeable batteries, rebuildables, etc. just because the kit is "affordable", and a "kit" :)   If purchased online, $75 will get you an iStick, two tanks, and a box of coils... and probably a few bucks left over for the important part... JUICE!

Thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it. With the iStick will i have to deal with cotton and all of that stuff? I think im gonna get the iStick, just because i cant go over budget and if i get the Kangar i didnt realize id need to buy batteries and stuff. How do you know when to replace a coil and what is the difference between them? Is there anywhere i can buy a iStick kit that includes everything or do i need to get everything individual? 

Also, i have juices already, so no need to worry about that. But i heard you want to go down on the nicotine levels if you get a box mod? Why is that? Im used to 16 right now.

Thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it. With the iStick will i have to deal with cotton and all of that stuff? I think im gonna get the iStick, just because i cant go over budget and if i get the Kangar i didnt realize id need to buy batteries and stuff. How do you know when to replace a coil and what is the difference between them? Is there anywhere i can buy a iStick kit that includes everything or do i need to get everything individual? 

Also, i have juices already, so no need to worry about that. But i heard you want to go down on the nicotine levels if you get a box mod? Why is that? Im used to 16 right now.

The iStick just supplies the power.  Your tank determines everything else.  If you went with the subtank Mini, it is a more advanced tank, that has the ability to use the rebuildable head, (more advanced you need to build your own coils, and use cotton), the .5 ohm coils are premade and also more advanced (uses higher VG juices, and lower nicotine, with much more airflow) and the 1.5 ohm premade coil which is closer to what you were using, but still higher output and possibly more juice usage.  It would be a good step up, eventually.

You know when to change the coil when it will no longer supply the flavor, or amount of vapor you are used to at the same settings.  They gradually get gunked up and loose performance.  It is caused by many factors, but the greatest is your juice.  Some juices gunk coils quickly.  The amount of power also determines how long they last too.  Normally the more power you run the shorter they last. (there are many exceptions here, too many for this post)  You can also let your tank run dry, or over power them and burn them up.

I don't know of a kit that I really would recommend at this time.  As Earthling and Tam said, the Kanger Aero tanks, Kanger Pro Tanks, Davide's, and (I will add) the Nautilus, and Nautilus Mini would make good toppers for the iStick.  When you get more advanced, move up to SubTank Mini.  The iStick 50 will run just about any tank you can put on it, and they are much cheaper buying the best pieces and putting them together.  This type setup will work fine with the juices you have now (18 mg).

Like Squid and Cany said, the SubTank mini kit is a great kit.  I think it would defiantly be something to look at in the future.  It does require separate batteries, but this is a plus to some of us.  I carry 4 charged batteries and just swap them as needed.  I charge them outside of the unit so it is never stuck to a charger.  The tank is also capable of producing very large amounts of vapor, and a lot of customization (building your own coils)

Just shopping around for around $100 plus shipping, you could buy 2 setups, that way you have a backup. $30 each for iSticks, $10-$20 each for tanks, $10-$15 for extra coils...I know that is a little over...lol

Edited by jasonculp
Added something I forgot...again.

Buying locally from a B&M (brick and mortar shop), and you'll pay more... I've seen the iStick 50 in my local shops for as high as $75!  My Vapor store has them for $35, and they have quite a large selection of batteries, tanks, coils, etc.  Check them out before you buy locally.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-iSmoka-iStick-50W-4400mAh-Simple-Pack-p/elis-is50wbk.htm

You won't need to mess with cotton or coils if you go the route of iStick and Kanger tank.  The Nautilus is a decent tank, but coils and the tanks themselves are twice the price of a Kanger ProTank2!  So, you can buy more (and have dependable equipment) if you go the ProTank2 or Aerotank route. 

The Nautilus is a decent tank, but coils and the tanks themselves are twice the price of a Kanger ProTank2!  So, you can buy more (and have dependable equipment) if you go the ProTank2 or Aerotank route. 

I agree with the Nautilus, it is more expensive, and the coils do cost quite a bit more, I just wanted to throw out the option.

Here is the deal I was talking about if you don't mind a Blue or Pink iStick 50W  

Yeah, I don't knock the Nautilus too much, because some people love them... but I do like to point out they are twice the price as a KPT2 :)

I didn't check VapeNW... oops... their price is much better than MyVaporStore, and the blue ones are really a great color!  I was skimming MVS a few minutes ago, and also remembered another good recommendation... the Innokin MVP 2.0, 20W, or 3.0.  They "do" come with a tank, although it is not the greatest tank... it's the battery that is awesome!  But, for the better bang for your buck... the iStick 50W is hard to beat...

Yeah, I don't knock the Nautilus too much, because some people love them... but I do like to point out they are twice the price as a KPT2 :)

I didn't check VapeNW... oops... their price is much better than MyVaporStore, and the blue ones are really a great color!  I was skimming MVS a few minutes ago, and also remembered another good recommendation... the Innokin MVP 2.0, 20W, or 3.0.  They "do" come with a tank, although it is not the greatest tank... it's the battery that is awesome!  But, for the better bang for your buck... the iStick 50W is hard to beat...

I think that is the problem with having a severe case of "shineyitus".  I tend to forget about the great products like the MPV that finally got me to quit smoking!

For a new sutup for $75 You cant beat the subtank mini its An all in one package good mod good tank (which you can expand on)  The I stick 50 is a great  batt as well as the KPT2 but with that tank your limited the subtank gives you room to expand (if you want too).... Knowing what I know now If the subox mini setup was around when I was looking for a second setup I would of jumped all over it. As of now its my second go too setup use it daily I can subohm or not with it.

Edited by cany

Good points, I have the iStick 50 watt too, it is a solid unit as well. I suggested the subox (meaning the kit) as it comes with both the .5 and the 1.2 ohm coils, plus the build deck. I prefer the subox when not at home as I can carry a couple extra 18650s. The iStick only lasts me a few hours with a .25 coil running at 40 watts or so. I have found I like certain tanks on each mod, and didn't think of mixing. Kind of set in my ways, lol.

4400 mAh only lasts you a "few hours"? What in the world are you doing to it??? lol  :D

4400 mAh only lasts you a "few hours"? What in the world are you doing to it??? lol  :D

Starre tank .25ohm coil, 40 watts. Got about 5 hrs or so today at outdoor wedding reception. 2 tanks of juice. Just cut from 8mg to 4mg juice, I think I may start mixing 4 and 8 to get 6. I went through almost 20mL of juice today, kicked the IStick and the battery meter in the IPV4s is showing 1/2, both were fully charged when I left the house.

Edit, 3 tanks, I refilled twice at the reception.

Edited by Squid

In case anyone is looking for them... VapeNW has the Aspire Anyvape Davide full-size on sale for $5.99 each, and $6.99 for gold.  Yeah, they're not the originals, but they are still worth having for $6. and these still work with the Kanger V1 or V3 air-flow controllers (AeroTank V1/V2, KPT2, KPT3) and use the standard Aspire BVC, BDC, or Kanger single-coils :D

http://vapenw.com/clearance/davide-bdc-glassomizer

In case anyone is looking for them... VapeNW has the Aspire Anyvape Davide full-size on sale for $5.99 each, and $6.99 for gold.  Yeah, they're not the originals, but they are still worth having for $6. and these still work with the Kanger V1 or V3 air-flow controllers (AeroTank V1/V2, KPT2, KPT3) and use the standard Aspire BVC, BDC, or Kanger single-coils :D

http://vapenw.com/clearance/davide-bdc-glassomizer

Thanks, Earthling! I just ordered two more for when I'm introducing noobs to the wonderful world of vaping.  :)

If we do a @bcarter98, I wonder if he'll see the bat signal? 

Thanks, Earthling! I just ordered two more for when I'm introducing noobs to the wonderful world of vaping.  :)

If we do a @bcarter98, I wonder if he'll see the bat signal? 

Let's hope he'll see it :)

I just ordered a couple myself to have as spares/replacements for my KPT2's, or to PIF to noobs should I feel generous :)  These are half the price of a KPT2, and coupled with the V3 air-flow controllers, I think they'll be an awesome single-coil tank for "out and about"...

Let's hope he'll see it :)

I just ordered a couple myself to have as spares/replacements for my KPT2's, or to PIF to noobs should I feel generous :)  These are half the price of a KPT2, and coupled with the V3 air-flow controllers, I think they'll be an awesome single-coil tank for "out and about"...

I have some with the airflow controllers and they really are wonderful -- probably as close to perfection in a tank that I've ever seen. Simple, dependable, low maintenance... what more could you ask for? Thanks again.  :)