Thick VG juice giving me dry hits

I have Aspire Atlantis, .5 ohm coils running 30 watts on a box mod. 

I noticed my VG juice is so thick, it wont saturate the cotton in the coil. I can't even suck it up with the squeeze thing that comes with the bottle. 

It's giving me bad dry hits. I'm not a noob with priming the coil or anything, I just noticed with some of my higher VG juices and even some 50/50 mixes (The Standard: Thumper). How can I counter this problem??

I have a few Atlantis tanks and I've never run into this problem.What juices are you using? (Brand)

Premium vendors like The Standard and Classified. Are they supposed to come that thick? I even shake them before I refill.

Edited by ColtonHodge

have you tried adjusting your airflow to a tighter draw? The more open it is you lose that vacuum,the more closed off pulls it into your cotton better and you get a little bit better flavor.ive never run into this issue with the Atlantis so I'm kind of stumped on this one

have you tried adjusting your airflow to a tighter draw? The more open it is you lose that vacuum,the more closed off pulls it into your cotton better and you get a little bit better flavor.ive never run into this issue with the Atlantis so I'm kind of stumped on this one

The problem is that I love the open airflow for huge lung hits. The weird thing is, some of my other 50/50 mixes have a lot better viscosity and I don't get any dry hits. 

Pg (Propylene Glycol) is your flavor carrier,VG (Vegetable Glycerin) is your  vapor producer.The higher the VG the thicker it will be.Its a trial and error thing I'm afraid,try moving down to a 40pg/60vg and see how it wicks that

Any PG you add will make it thinner. It will also thin out the favoring some. Even though it is the flavor carrier, it with dilute the flavor. Try taking a pin and poke some holes into the area the juice goes into the coil head. I have heard that it works in some cases to help a thicker juice flow better to the coil.

I have not ever seen VG juice so thick that it wouldn't draw up into a dropper. Not saying it is not happening, just saying I have not seen it. I have found that some flavorings can cause it (VG) to jell though.

Even my pure VG in the bottle will suck into a dropper, and flows decently into a 12ga needle/syringe when I'm mixing... BUT, the VG and juices I store in my fridge can become thick as molasses in January until they "thaw out" and reach room temperature :) 

Comp is right on the jelly-effect... I've mixed some flavors and notice that the VG will "glob" and even the 50/50 mixes seem as thick as pure VG.

I don't have an Atlantis, but all my other sub-tanks will vape high-VG content juices, but like Tug said, you have to cut back the air-flow a bit to increase the vacuum in the tank or you can/will get the occasional dry-hit.  Also, any coil that uses Organic Cotton... once you get a dry hit or two, the cotton is shot, and needs to be re-wicked or replace the entire coil-head if you don't feel comfortable re-wicking it.

• 7 months later...

You can thin the e-juice (~30 mil) with about 10 drops of distilled water then shake thoroughly. Also you may just want to go with increments of 5 drops until it has the appearance/viscosity you are targeting.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2016 at 5:50 AM, MRSpivey said:

You can thin the e-juice (~30 mil) with about 10 drops of distilled water then shake thoroughly. Also you may just want to go with increments of 5 drops until it has the appearance/viscosity you are targeting.

I have never had that problem but when I am running low on cash and have to vape,i use vg and a small amount of water,he is right that should with very well:)