Paid forward some gear this weekend

A friend of my son's stopped by the house this weekend, and she asked if I could fix her MVP... the 510 threads were stripped-out.  Well, as luck would have it, I actually had an eGo-to-510 adapter, so once I screwed that down, she was back in business with her beat-up, hand-me-down MVP.

Well, after talking with her a little bit, I realized she was pretty poor on vape-gear, and was struggling at times to keep herself in coils, juice, and was having all kinds of issues with her donated batteries (mostly ancient Spinners and that MVP that looked like it had been buried in the desert for 1000 years).  Sooooo, I mixed her up 150ml of juice, gave her two boxes of Kanger BDC coils (1.8 Ohm), one KPT3 mini, and I actually parted with one of my beloved Aerotanks (V1's) AND my MVP 2.0! 

She's been a friend of my son's for so long, she's like an adopted daughter to me, so at least I knew the gear was going to "family", and that it would be put to good use!  I know how she struggled growing up and I'd hate to see her go back to cigarettes, at such a young age (25), for lack of decent gear! :)

Great story!  It always feels great.

I have given away most of my gear that I don't use.  I do have a MVP 2.0 to work on if she ever brings it.  I am going to put a 14mm Varitube 510 in it.  Thankfully it is her backup.

My desk/workbench is a mess.  I have been trying to convert an old silverware organizer into a vape stuff organizer and rebuild station.  I am not much of a carpenter, so it isn't going too well.

On another note.  I ran into the couple that I gave my last bit of PIF gear.  They were smoking, not vaping.  It kind of sucks.

Oh well.  Hopefully when I get more it will go to someone who is trying.

I know the feeling... I gave away several "starter kits" last summer, and only about half of them stuck with it beyond a few months... but look on the bright side, half of them stuck with it (and moved on to more advanced gear) :)

You always gamble when you PIF gear, but at least I know that my MVP (and tanks) didn't go to waste... she'll put it to good use... she's staying strong, and trying hard to avoid the analogs!

Good for you, Earthling! I'm sure she really appreciated all the help. It's always a good feeling when you can get someone to switch over. All the PIF gear and juices I've handed out, so far I think around 70% of them are still at it and staying away from the analogs. There's one co-worker who went back that I'd really like to get him to try again. If he was willing to give it another shot, I'd PIF one of my 50W for that.

You know from reading both of your posts I think I have come to realize that the person you want to help has to really want to quit.  The last ones were wishy-washy.  I should have seen it.

I think vaping really only works when you really have the desire to quit.  I know that for me personally, when I started, I didn't want to quit, I just knew I needed to.  That is one reason it took so long to stick.  I went through months of cigalikes before I finally got a decent rig.  Even then it took a push from a great girl at a vape shop. (Sad thing is she has since slipped back into a a bad drug habit and lost her job)  It wasn't until I smoked the last cigarette, out of the last pack, out of the last carton, that I made my mind up to never buy them again, and I haven't.  It is hard to believe that it has been over a year since I have smoked.

Jason, you get the nail-on-the-head award tonight! 

You can give away $1000 worth of gear, but if that person doesn't have the desire to quit, they'll never use it beyond a "novelty".  I think that was the issue when I first quit and moved to vaping... I expected everyone I met to toss away their packs and join me on the vaping band-wagon, so I gave away starters to those who didn't desire to quit, they just were okay with taking my freebies :)

I was talking to a woman tonight at the scrimmage... she started to light up next to me, but paused to move downwind of me because "I see you're trying to quit, so I won't tempt you"... .  Well, I told her that I quit well over a year ago, and I did appreciate her moving downwind :)  Then I took the opportunity to see if she were interested in quitting, because I could show her how for less than the cost of two cartons of cigarettes...  When she dodged the offer, I didn't push it... she wasn't ready.  It is funny, though how she saw my rig and assumed I was "trying" to quit... not that I "had" quit!

When I first saw my co-worker outside vaping, I'd been wanting to quit for several years. After trying everything on the market and not having any success with any of them, I was more than ready to quit when I found vaping. That's probably why it was so easy for me. The same with most of the people I've helped switch over. I would talk with them to see how serious they were. If it was just a casual interest, I'd tell them to look me up when they were ready. When they got their minds made up, they'd come to me and I'd get them set up. Those are the ones who are successful in putting away the analogs. Putting the offer out is the first step. The next is theirs to make -- when they're ready and not before.  :)

Really cool of everyone helping others out...me and my coworker help each other out if we're low on funds and need juice or supplies...I also gave another coworker a couple clearomizers I had bc his ego starter tank mouthpiece broke, they're a little of a step up on what he had and I didn't use them...also another coworker had her battery break so I tossed her a v2 red spinner battery. I see this alot in thevaping community and it truly feels good helping someone else out to better themselves.

I pif'd my beatup ipv mini v1 and full size nautilus to my trucking buddy. Only because he bought a vape pen kit and left it in a loner rig and never got it back. But he is using it now and hopefully it will help get him off the stinkies...now if i can just get my wife to quit i will be doing great.

I have noticed people who vape help other people who vape. When I deliver parts to my customers is when I see this the most, this one guy gave me a jar full of used KPT coils, I'm slowly rebuilding them and giving them back. Another girl who's husband is in prison and left her to support the kids, (at least she's trying) I always take her 30ml bottles of juice, and tell her she's my new juice guineapig, I think she knows better because they are always her favorite flavor. I have given a lot batteries, and tanks away, and don't regret it. My accountant says I can probably write it off since I'm giving the stuff to my customers employees. 

I even thought about having the company name phone number and other info printed on evod batteries and giving them away as advertising, like people do with pens and stuff.

Edited by FXRich

I have noticed people who vape help other people who vape.

I totally agree with this!  Most people that I know that vape are glad to help someone out.  I have one hotel I stay in that the day clerk always has 5ml of juice for me to try that her father-in-law DIY's.  In another, I helped a night clerk out with a coil in her nautilus (I carried lots of spares back then) and she sent me a 30ml of juice in the mail. (it was kinda creepy, but a nice thought)

I even thought about having the company name phone number and other info printed on evod batteries and giving them away as advertising, like people do with pens and stuff.

I think that's an awesome idea!