Hello,

I just picked this up Saturday, very well built. Anyway, When I started getting dry hits. I have changed my wicking from barley touching the deck to hear wicks. (Organic cotton balls by the way). The only solution I have found is to loosen the the top cap about every 3 vapes and you see the air bubbles rising to the top, which causes flooding sometimes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Halfcam79

I made a post a while ago about wicking. Even though the wicking method I used was for the Lemo RTA, I'm certain that if you follow the guide it might work for you as well. Good luck and stick with it. It can only get better. Scroll down about 10 posts from to the post named "Kanger sub mini and you will find the guide there. Sorry I tried copying the link but for some odd reason I can't. 

Edited by DragonGunner

The best way I've found to wick a Kayfun or Russian is to have the cotton slightly snug in the coil (should move freely with a little resistance) - has to have room to swell, and fan out the ends of the cotton and have them just barely touching the deck.  You don't need to "pack" the deck, as this will cause dry-hits, but too loose on the deck creates flooding.  Fanning the cotton out creates more surface area and better capillary action for wicking.

It works!!! Thank You both

I'm glad the little tutorial helped you out. I know all about the Russian 91%. It was my go to device for a long time. If you have the funds available I would suggest the Kanger subtank mini. It has a very similar build deck  but the airflow is much better. The juice channels are larger and allow for heavier vg juices. In my opinion the flavor is just as good. You would not be disappointed. Many others would say the same. The Russian 91% is a top notch RTA but it has its limitations as I've just explained.