New to Vaping. What to buy

HI everyone!  I am new to Vaping and trying to quit smoking cigs.

I saw that Vaportalk was offering 15% off with promo code lovevapor

I also saw that Bloog.com has 25% off for first time buyers with promo code Florida15

I see they both offer very similar products.  does anyone recommend one over the other?  The samples I got from both were really good.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Hi John, welcome to VT!

Are you looking for juices or hardware?

Juice is so subjective... what tastes good to me may taste like wet socks to you, and what tastes good to you today may not be your cup-o-tea in a couple months (as you get farther away from analogs).

As for hardware... what are you using right now?  Do you have a budget for how much you can/will spend on newer, better gear?

Honestly, I will start with one of that cheap starter kits, so you feel that you saving some cash straight away. Also start with a tobacco taste instead of sweet..for a smoker that sweet flavours aren't a good way to start vaping.

Honestly, I will start with one of that cheap starter kits, so you feel that you saving some cash straight away. Also start with a tobacco taste instead of sweet..for a smoker that sweet flavours aren't a good way to start vaping.

Sorry, Cesar... I gotta disagree. 

Buying a cheap starter kit may seem like saving money, but cheap is usually poor quality and poor performance - think gas-station vape-pens.  These things will almost always discourage a new vaper and send them running back to analogs.  A good starter kit with reliable batteries (Kanger, Vision, Joye) and replaceable-coil clearomizers work far better... and usually only cost a few dollars more than the cheap-o, no-name, garbage.  There is also nothing wrong with your "starter" set-up to be intermediate gear.  I often recommend KPT2's, Aerotanks, iSticks, Kbox-minis, and other "intermediate/advanced" equipment to new vapers.  Nothing is written in stone that you MUST start vaping with an eGo 650mAh and a Ce4 disposable tank!

Also, smokers are always drawn to tobacco flavors as new vapers, because it is a mental-thing to think you need/want "tobacco", but in my experience (and listening to a lot of vapers), the vast majority will agree that finding a good fruit or bakery flavor (not a tobacco flavor) is what kept them vaping and away from analogs.  There are exceptions, sure, but they are very low percentages.  One of my ADV's has a small amount of Cuban Cigar flavor in it, but the main flavor is fruit/sweet (the cigar flavor adds the right amount of spice to compliment the fruity flavor, and does not add the nasty tobacco flavor at all).   Vaping works as a smoking cessation tool because it satisfies the hand-to-mouth action, provides a mouth/lung filling vapor, provides a "visual" of vapor on exhale (that reminds the eyes of our former smoking), provides a flavor that we like (to keep us vaping), and finally... provides Nicotine to our body which reduces the withdrawal that quitting cold-turkey or using ineffective gums or patches provides!

Edited by Earthling789

I have to disagree with you, too, Cesar, and agree with Earthling. All too often we see new members on the forum come in dissatisfied with their gear, its performance, the lack of being able to get off the analogs due to "cheap gear". We never recommend it here, not if they're to successfully get off cigarettes anyway.

For myself and most of the people I've helped stop smoking in my town, we prefer any flavor other than tobacco. Now that I think about it, all of those who didn't use the tobacco flavors are now off cigarettes entirely. The one person who vapes the tobacco still smokes a few cigarettes here and there and can't put them down.  :)

I actually agree that people should start with " proper " equipment...something like my Itazte with my Aerotank, but most smokers won't spend that much cash in something that " may " work... the problem is that starter kits needs to get cheaper to encourage smokers to stick with vaping, or the cheap starter kits needs to get better.

Edit: Also... when I was smoker I totally hated anything sweet, if I didn't start with tobacco flavour I will never quit smoking.

Edited by cesar

Ok my thoughts. Keep away from the garbage starter kits. For the cost of 2 cartons of cigarettes you could buy a Starter kit with:

2 Vision Spinner 2 1600mah batteries

2 Tanks (I prefer Aspire Davides or Kanger Pro Tanks without the Aero base but only use the single coils I will not buy any tank that will not use single coils)

1 Charger and wall adapter (I would buy an extra for $10-$12)

Case

Then as far as liquids go you will have to experiment. I actually agree with one thing Cesar said. I would probably not been successful had I not found a tobacco flavor that did a good enough job of mimicking an analog. For me that was Sweet-Vapes Traditional Tobacco. Most vapers I know started that way BUT at the 3-6 month time frame when their tastebuds started to heal the taste of tobacco starts to be a turn off and then they start exploring other flavors. I went from 80pg-20vg 24mg Tobacco to a Max VG Strawberry Lemonade blend in 18mg that I still use exclusively today. My wife from day 1 has used 24mg 80pg-20vg ECBlends Peppermint and only recently dropped to 18mg. I see us both being at 18mg the rest of the time we vape.

As far as suppliers go I use 3 only and have never gotten anything but great service!:

Equipment: sweet-vapes.com

Liquids: fuzionvapor.com and ecblendsflavors.com