To drip or not to drip

I been debating for a while about my next upgrade, after 6 months of vaping I feel like I need one... my problem is, do I get a better battery and tank..or.. I get a mod and start dripping ?. What is the most sensible thing to do ?

Edited by cesar

After six months? I'd get another tank and battery. Then, I would do even more research into dripping and what that entails -- do you want to use a premade atomizer and drip the old fashioned way? Or do you want to get an ohm meter, learn all about Ohm's Law, electrical safety, buy organic cotton, wire, torch... ? If it's the latter, please be doing lots of research so you know what you're getting into and how to go about it safely.

After six months? I'd get another tank and battery. Then, I would do even more research into dripping and what that entails -- do you want to use a premade atomizer and drip the old fashioned way? Or do you want to get an ohm meter, learn all about Ohm's Law, electrical safety, buy organic cotton, wire, torch... ? If it's the latter, please be doing lots of research so you know what you're getting into and how to go about it safely.

Well that changes everything :o:o

Tried dripping, too high maintenance for me. Reminded me of my ex wife. I need ease of  "Fill,Charge,Vape" ....like my current wife of 14 years. Beautiful, it just works and very low maintenance. Well, as long as she gets everything she wants (which she does) LOL

My recommendation would be to take a good look at your everyday setup, and pick out something that you would like to improve on. 

Using myself as an example: I love my subox kit. It is awesome, and most days, it is more than enough to get me through the day. However, on weekends or days when I'm using the train instead of driving, I begin to notice some things I'd like to improve. Tank capacity is the biggest thing. I'm really not keen on carrying extra juice with me while bar hopping with the guys. Battery life is the next issue. I haven't had it die, yet, but I've come close enough to not be comfortable vaping freely. 

I've got no experience dripping, so I'm not much help there. It seems like a lot of work, but would be cool for an at home setup. I couldn't imagine trying to drip at work or while out though.

My advice...go with what you think you will get the most enjoyment out of.  For a lot of people, the idea of dripping simply isn't appealing.  If you are already considering taking that step, then that tells me you aren't opposed to the idea of dripping.  If you think you will enjoy everything involved with dripping, then by all means, go that route.  I do both.  Tanks during my drive to work, at work and on the way home, then I switch to an RBA and drip at home.  For me dripping is relaxing.  

One other option you can go with - get a regulated box mod, a better tank and an RBA.  You don't need a mech mod or an unregulated box mod to drip.  In fact, even though I own several mech mods, most of my dripping is done on one of my regulated box mods.  That way, if you discover dripping isn't for you, you still have the regulated box mod that you can use with other tanks.  Not all tanks are safe to use on mech mods or unregulated box mods (personally I don't use any tanks on anything unregulated).

Dripping can be a fun, relaxing, all around enjoyable experience, but like Tam said, safety first.  There are a lot of good resources online about Ohm's Law, battery safety, coil building, wicking, etc.  Check those resources and pay attention to them.  You don't need to take a college course or major in electrical engineering to understand any of it, but paying attention to the information that is available can mean the difference between an enjoyable experience or becoming a statistic.

Dripping is terrific. I love it. However, it is limited (for me).  I cannot drip all day, nor do I want to. So if you start dripping, realize that you are likely to want another set up that performs well, is portable and trouble free anyway. Take a look at how you vape the most and upgrade that, then get yourself an RDA and learn how to do it and have fun. 

I've done dripping, and still do on rare occasions, but for me, I like the idea of not having to have a bottle of juice within 3' of me at all times (and far less issue with leaks/drips).  For me, moving to an RTA was my unicorn.  I get the benefit of customizing my coil and cotton to suit MY preferences, and a tank that holds 3-5ml of juice, so I'm only needing to fill it once a day, maybe twice?

Adversarious brought up a great point about mech-mods... I own several and haven't touched them in months.  When I do drip, I simply use my higher power regulated boxes... it gives a more uniform vaping experience, so I can hit the same Wattage on every draw, rather than the constant fall-off of power/voltage you get with a mech.

cesar what setup do you use now??

Itazte vv V3.0 with a Kanger aerotank mini. Which is a great set up by the way... but I want something with a bit more of a kick, I may start with the tank.

Edited by cesar

I just upgraded not long ago from a evic to a subtank mini kit, Now I have 3 of them. There are some pretty good deals right now on them, some as low as $50.00 I'm addicted to the subtank they are very versatile you can use the factory coils or the RBA that comes with the kit. I use the RBA, only used 1 factory coil so far.

I was debating between two tanks... one of them is a Stratos from Council Of Vapour, the other one is a Sub Tank Plus from Kanger. Both looks like a nice a upgrade to start with, considering that I can wait for the battery.

Edited by cesar

One thing to consider is can your current battery run a sub ohm tank? My evic will run a subtank but only if I use a 1.5 ohm coil or better, and then not as well as the sub box will. You may be better off getting the battery first.

One thing to consider is can your current battery run a sub ohm tank? My evic will run a subtank but only if I use a 1.5 ohm coil or better, and then not as well as the sub box will. You may be better off getting the battery first.

right, I just realized that..I know you can buy adapters, but will look pretty stupid with my battery .

Edited by cesar

A KPT also works much better at a slightly higher wattage than what is available with a regular battery. So your aerotank will probably perform much better too. Doesn't the  aerotank mini use ego thread, most of the sub ohm batteries don't have ego threads, just 510 threads.

That's why I got the subtank mini kit it costs less than some box mods and comes with battery and tank.

Edited by FXRich

I was debating between two tanks... one of them is a Stratos from Council Of Vapour, the other one is a Sub Tank Plus from Kanger. Both looks like a nice a upgrade to start with, considering that I can wait for the battery.

Also keep in mind the Sub Tank Plus is 25mm in diameter where the Sub Tank Mini is only 22mm.  Unless you really feel the need to have the 7ml capacity, the Sub Tank Plus is going to look odd on almost any battery or mod out there unless you go for something running 26650's.

A KPT also works much better at a slightly higher wattage than what is available with a regular battery. So your aerotank will probably perform much better too. Doesn't the  aerotank mini use ego thread, most of the sub ohm batteries don't have ego threads, just 510 threads.

That's why I got the subtank mini kit it costs less than some box mods and comes with battery and tank.

Where did you find a kit including the battery? All kits I have seen say "battery sold seperately"

Battery sold separately means the 18650 that powers it. 

Mods that use a 18650 battery aren't normally sold with the battery which runs between $5 to $10 some mods use 2 18650 batteries, some have internal batteries which can't be replaced unless you really know what you are doing.

Edited by FXRich

The subtank is a good tank, and I run my Nano and Mini with 1.2 and 1.5 Ohm coils.  I also build the RBA deck in the same range. 

If you like your Aerotank mini, perhaps you'd like the standard-size Aerotank.  I have both styles, V1 and V2, and love both of them!  I use them with my Cloupor Minis and my IPV minis, and they would run very well with an iStick 50W or the Kbox-mini, too (as well as your i-134, with added beauty-ring).

I would suggest you upgrade to a VW box-style mod... either one that has a self-contained battery like the iStick 50W (huge power reserve), MVP 20W, 3.0, etc., or make the move onto a replaceable battery device like the IPV, Cloupor, Kbox minis, etc.... just be sure to purchase a good Nitecore or Efest charger and VERY good batteries, like Samsung 25r, LG HE2, or purple Efests!

So...I ended up getting the tank..but not what I was expecting...I got an Iclear30 from Flavour Vapour with a ring adapter..I have to crank up the power to max in my battery, but surprisingly it works perfectly. Next upgrade will be the battery... once I burnout my current one, which I guess isn't going to take long.

WIN_20150724_183549.thumb.JPG.6c8d9bfc28

WIN_20150724_183613.thumb.JPG.647b84682d

Edited by cesar

Next upgrade will be the battery... once I burnout my current one, which I guess isn't going to take long.

You'd be surprised how rugged and long-lasting Innokin battery products are...   My MVP 2.0 which was bought 15 months ago is still going strong, and the battery still holds out for roughly two or three days of vaping...  I loaned it to a friend a few weeks ago, and she used it from Wednesday night to Saturday morning.  It never went to the yellow light while she was using it.

When you do upgrade to a different style of battery, that Itazte-134 will make an excellent backup!