Best brands of flavors, etc.?

My husband and I are looking to get into DIY flavoring due to a recent substantial cut in income.  Getting the unflavored and flavoring it ourselves would be much cheaper than ordering from Juice Mafia (my juice) or getting 618 from the local B&M (which, while they are incredibly affordable and along the lines of Juice Mafia, we have to drive all the way out to Jerseyville to get, and it's still really more than we can afford, I think.  

Especially considering, if you remember, the problems I had with tasting flavors, I would have after seizure, having to switch flavors completely (that happened again, but not after a seizure, after a prolonged MS flare).

So I'm wondering what the best brands of flavorings are out there - or does it vary by the flavor, and where to get them?

Tina

I like heartland vapes. They seem to have flavors from most of the flavor makers and they have good prices on their nic base and pg and vg.

Comp probably knows best, but we all have our own preferences. Heartland vapes is kind of a one stop place for everything DIY for me.

Edited by FXRich

I trust Wizard Labs they have the lowest price for the TFA flavorings. For example, the Absinthe at Heartland Vapes is $8.75 Wizard Labs price is $8.25 for the 4oz size. You can also get smaller amounts like 30ml and 8ml. Heartland does have lower prices on the NIC, PG and VG. I would have to say that getting started you may end up with a lower total start up cost with Heartland Vapes when you include it all.

As you know, flavors and brand are subjective.  I like flavor west for most of my flavors and for my coffee, i go with flavour art. What flavors are you looking at?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone. Kit, oh, I definitely know that flavors and brand are subjective - like I said, after this MS flare, I can barely taste my former go-to flavors, one flavor that I just about HATED is, well, it's not GREAT, but it's vapable for me now, and I had to find new flavors - but since I found them in the middle of the flare, my taste has diminished, more so on one of them, but not as much as my old flavors.  They are still good to me, and enjoyable, whereas some of my old flavors, it was like sucking on nicotine tinged air.

I've been getting my stuff from Wizard Labs, and you'll soon find out there are 20 different flavors of chocolate (for example), across their different brand-names.  For sampling, I suggest buying the $1.49, 8ml bottles until you find flavors/brands you like, and then on your next purchase, you can invest in larger bottles... 30ml or 120ml.  The only time you should buy a larger bottle of anything is if the flavor is one you KNOW you'll be using, or the price difference between 8ml and 30ml (or larger) is only a buck or two... then if you only use 20ml of it and toss the rest out, you've still come out ahead... 

Comp is right (as usual) Heartland is cheaper (usually) on their Nic-base, but Wizard Labs runs sales on theirs from time to time... and any order over $65 ships free, Priority Mail, so there's that advantage too.  I'd suggest comparing equal carts with each site, and see which one comes out cheaper, and order from that one.