I have an iLeaf 50w and use an Aspire Atlantis tank.  It has been very hard to find local shops that have eliquids that don't give me such a harsh throat hit.  A local shop suggested I try the Pinup Vapors.  75% VG and the 2 flavors that I have tried are Betty (6 mg nicotine)and Marilyn (3 mg nicotine).  If I use a 50/50 juice, my coils can last up to 2 weeks.  But as soon as I try the pinup vapors, I'm lucky if I get 2 days use out of it.  I usually vape no higher than 15-20W when I'm using my high vg liquid.  But that super harsh, choking, burnt flavor hits me so bad after a day or so.  I've read other forums where people can get a couple weeks out of their coils using 100 VG.  Could it be the fact that my juices are so sweet that's causing the coils to be burnt so soon?

Tam is right, the sweet dark high vg juices will kill your factory coils quicker. But that being said i have an atlantis that i use regularly with max vg and still get a good week to week and a half on one coil. It really just depends on how sweet and or dark the juice is.

• 1 month later...

Not to go off-topic... I just want to say that I've been tobacco-free since 2005, and haven't even considered going back. I actually tried to smoke a cigarette back in 2008, and I could not get the smoke past my throat! Put it out, and that was the last of it. I did seem to have some issues with using PG, so I switched to VG, and all is good. Seems like I experienced a better throat-hit with the PG though? No by much, but noticeable. 

I had a huge issue with caked atomizers when using 100% VG; prior to getting my electronic mod. Don't get me wrong, I still love the mech's, but you have to be using the right atomizer with the correct voltage... If not, you will overheat the mixture; which of-course leads to a caked/clogged nest assembly. Having an electronic mod gives me the ability to manually adjust the voltage. As soon as I hit it, I can tell if it's too hot a setting for the given atomizer I'm using. What people do to combat an overly hot output, is dump more juice onto the nest assembly in an effort to "cool it off". This is the beginning of sorrows...  Once you "caramelize" the liquid on the nest assembly, it's over! 

Stay with me here, because I might just make someone a lot of money. What it needed, is a VR (variable resistor) atomizer adapter. An adapter with an adjustable collar dial (like a volume control) that will give the user the ability to increase or decrease the voltage output to the atomizer. Maybe someone has already thought of this? Point being, that I've been using the same atomizer for 4 weeks with my electronic mod, with no clogging issues. And I'm using 100% VG Johnson Creek liquid, which was at one time notorious for clogging atomizers. You can't always rely on a correct impedance rating, and proper voltage is critical to a functional unit. 

Edited by 67Mopar

I love the electronic (active) devices, but if you get them wet - your down! Here in Florida, it's extremely humid. Going to the beach, getting caught in the rain... Getting an active mod wet (and yes, I've done it) is a huge PITA! I recently sent my active mod out for repairs... What did use as a back-up? My trusty passive mod!

The correct nomenclatures: "Passive" should be use to describe a mechanical mod. "Active" should be used to describe an electronic mod. 

Edited by 67Mopar

You didn't say what ohm coil you are using, it is also possible your wick might not be wicking fast enough using a high VG mix. At the moment I'm using a high VG mix 80% in a subtank mini with a .6 coil and running 12 watts, and no harsh taste or burnt flavor.

If you're using something like a subtank mini with the rebuildable deck and the juice caramelizes on the coil, just remove wick, dry burn gunk off coil, rewick, prime, put back together, wait a few minutes before vaping. Simple.   :)

• 4 months later...