Disposible E-Cig Suggestion, please

LS15

Hello:

I just had my first e-cig - a White Cloud Fling, Light, 12mg.  I liked it, but it was very hard to draw on. Can anyone here recommend something similar, but that I might like better (something that I don't have to suck as if I were smoking something illegal).  I'd really like something disposible, too.  Thanks!

Not sure about a disposable. But if you are looking for something more Cig like, the VUSE is supposed to be good. The reviews are good and it seems affordable. The battery is rechargeable and you only need to replace the cartridges. 

The most basic we recommend are the Vision Spinner batteries or Kanger batteries. With simple tanks, like the EVOD. All parts are re-usable and you only need to purchase coils and liquid. Less waste with much better draw and flavor. Your other option is to buy a 501 rechargeable battery, more cig like,  and blank cartomizers. You will have to fill the cartos, but it works well without the tight draw. You will still need to buy the liquid.

Honestly, those cig like things are a waste of cash... you can get this days starter kits vaporizers for about £10, with a proper airflow and power settings. Also the e-liquids have better tobacco flavours than that silly cartomizers. If you want something disposable like, just buy one of those starter kits every week.

Edited by cesar

The Njoy King isn't too terrible in a pinch, but the battery seems to only last me a few hours. If you are an occasional smoker, or if you are testing the waters, it would get the job done. I like their menthol flavor more than the "tobacco". 

I have a feeling that if you decide to stick with it, you will want to upgrade pretty quickly. It is pretty much the same process I followed my first time starting down the vape trail. Like BirdDog said, there are plenty of ways to go, and I'll let the more experienced guys offer up that advice.:)

The vast majority of the disposable market is owned (and/or backed) by Big Tobacco.  Their batteries are not reliable (fail often, don't last), and their cartos contain about 0.5ml of high PG, horrid-flavor e-liquids.  Not to mention, using disposables, every day you'll be tossing another battery into a landfill... If you're a "greenie" or a recycler, you'll not want to contribute to pollution, right?  You'll also pay an average of $6 each for one, which means you're paying 500+% more than you would if you upgraded to a decent eGo or 510-style rechargeable battery and refillable tank.  As BirdDog pointed out above, once you spend $20-40 on a couple of decent batteries and a couple of basic EVOD or larger tank-styles... all you have left to buy (ever) is juice and replacement coils.... It is also very easy to upgrade further if you're using tank-systems, because different brands and styles are compatible with each other... Yes, the evil vaping industry has already agreed on a (mostly) standardized connection system (510 connector), so everything works together! :)

Don't feed Big Tobacco even more of your hard-earned cash... take the step up, and away from their profit-machine of chemical dependence!

Thanks very much for the advice.  I can see the reasons for upgrading, but at this point I first just want to address the issues I posted in my question.  If someone could please address these issues, from there I can decide whether I want to go for a permanent kit and which one (and that will be a whole other set of questions.) 

Thanks again!

Edited by LS15

None of our members have any experience with one use (disposable) cig a likes. You will just have to do your own research for other companies that supply what you are looking for. Sorry we are unable to address your questions.

We can help you with cigarette style setups that have re-chargeable batteries and the cartridges are replaceable. The cartridges are disposable, but you just reuse the battery. 

Take a look at this kit. It might suit your needs.

https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/starter-kits/white-vt510-starter-kit-tobacco/

I'll just add a little something as I have tried a few of the cig-a-likes.  The design of the cig a likes is not one that accomodates high airflow in general so I think you'll be hard pressed to find what you are looking for.   You need a little more power to jave higher airflow otherwise you wont get the vapor. 

Perhaps one of the little mini ego 450 batteries and a ce4 style would suit you

Good luck

Cig-a-likes are the MOST expensive option for vaping also.  They last about a day of vaping, and run upwards of $6-7 each (when purchased in singles), which is far more expensive than a pack of smokes (unless you're in NYC or CA).

From the White Cloud website... Fling disposables cost (before taxes, or shipping if ordered online):

$5.95 for a single
$24.95 for a five-pack ($4.99 each)
$325.00 for a 100-pack variety selection of 20 each of the five primary flavors ($3.25 each) - which are designed for retail sales, not for personal use

To get pricing equivalent to a pack-a-day smoking, you'd have to buy them in 100-packs, and any of us on this forum can tell you that $325 will set you up with a fantastic system, with back-ups, and enough juice and coils to keep you vaping for a year (possibly longer)... not the 100-days that disposables will...

Basic economics wins every time... forget flavor, forget function, forget ease-of-use, forget durability, forget reliability, and forget customization to provide the best experience... disposables and most cig-a-likes are just just money-pits... and that's not just my opinion... that's pretty much the consensus on this forum (or any vaper that has successfully kicked the smoking habit).

I don't know how the situation is the USA, but here in the UK they starting to almost give starter kits for free..you can get yourself an "average" vaporizer for the price of a couple of packs of cigarettes... 

Edited by cesar

Well, it is that way in the US too... most any convenience store or gas station... even my local video store / tanning salon has 650mAh eGo batteries packaged with a Ce4 and USB charger, and prices range from $7.99 - $11.99, depending on brand, color, etc.  Most shops also give you a free 10ml bottle of juice with a starter-kit purchase.  I'm not sure about prices in the UK, but $12 here is the cost of 2-3 packs, again, depending on where you're located.

Most cig-a-like cartos only hold 0.5-1.0 ml of juice, so a 10ml bottle of e-liquid is the equivalent of 10-20 cig-a-likes... yet another thing to consider...

Thanks - I don't necessarily NEED a disposable, I just assumed it would be cheaper.  The main thing is that I wanted to solve my problem of what I guess is called "air flow".  Is there a sticky or a post here with recommendations for good beginner kits? 

Also, after using this Fling today, I notice my throat feels like sandpaper!  Will a better product with better air flow make the difference?  I wonder if I'm having this problem because of the joint-like inhaling I'm having to do.

Thanks again, everyone.

You really will notice a difference!!! The initial cost of a rechargeable system is only a bit more but save much more in a short time. The air flow is much better too. The scratchy throat can be part of the problem, but the PG used in the cartridges and liquids can cause a dry throat. Lots of water !!

I have been away for a bit and have just a couple places that I use: Veteran vaper, vapor talk store, ecig express all have good starter kits.  keep in mind, there are cheaper, but cheaper is not always a good thing.  its a matter of, do you want a thin cigarette type or a slightly larger battery (charge time last longer)?

As Earthling stated above, disposables are the most expensive option (and the one least likely to be satisfying) of all e-cigarettes available.

The only thing "disposable" about them is your money -- and lots of it.

A better product with better air flow will be smoother. There are several variables that also make a difference. If you would tell us a little about why you want to vape, that would help us to help you. Are you trying to stop smoking cigarettes? If so, what brand/flavor of cigarettes do you smoke? How many a day? How much do you have to spend on the initial start up kit? You'll want at the very least, two batteries, one charging cable, two tanks, replacement atomizers/heating coils, and some juice.

There will probably be more questions but these will do to start.  :)

I notice you are in LA lots of people on here are from that area, maybe they can direct you to a vape shop that is knowledgeable and won't rip you off.

There are a ton of quality vape shops in and around LA.  Depending on where you are specifically, there area also a ton of quality shops in and around Orange County and the Inland Empire. 

You would likely notice a huge difference even with one of the gas station starter kits than what you get compared to a disposable cig-a-like.  The draw on almost all cig-a-likes is very tight.  I have no idea how the cig-a-like manufacturers measure the liquids they put in their products.  I do know that a couple (maybe more) essentially state their products contain "approximately X amount of nicotine".  In other words, if you get something that is supposed to be equal to 24mg nicotine, then it will be "approximately" that much. 

The Non-Big-Tobacco associated e-liquid manufacturers, i.e. all of them, take a lot of care in making their liquids.  They precisely measure everything when making a batch of liquid.  PG, VG, flavorings and nicotine.  All of it is precisely measured to provide a consistent product every time.