Understanding the "Sweet Spot"

What's the sweet spot in vaping ? Mine is when you get a sweet hit in your tongue at first, then a strong flavour in your mouth as you inhale the vapour, and then a soft after taste as you exhale the vapour. What is yours ? 

The "sweet spot" refers to your preferred power settings paired with a certain atomizer resistance. My "sweet spot" for the equipment and single flavor I use is 7.5w @1.8ohms = 3.8v. Every liquid has a sweet spot that is usually found by dialing the power up until you get a slight burned taste then power down a click or two and viola!

And what Tam said x 1000

Wire diameter also plays a role, when using a subtank with flat wire at 1.8ohms I run 12.5 watts, with a KPT2 running a 1.8ohm 30G wire I run 9 watts. I guess there are a lot of variables that have to be considered.

BCarter hit the nail on the head for finding your sweet-spot...  Every juice has a sweet-spot, where flavor is perfect, and that will vary based on the tank (or RDA/RTA) it is in, the coil style, coil resistance, air-flow, PG/VG ratio, Nicotine-level, etc...  99% of the fun is trying to figure out the sweet-spot :D

BCarter hit the nail on the head for finding your sweet-spot...  Every juice has a sweet-spot, where flavor is perfect, and that will vary based on the tank (or RDA/RTA) it is in, the coil style, coil resistance, air-flow, PG/VG ratio, Nicotine-level, etc...  99% of the fun is trying to figure out the sweet-spot :D

Fair enough, but... how you know you hit that sweet spot ? Is twice now that I set the battery at the correct power for a couple of friends.. and both went; Wow !, this is so good !!!

A lot of people don't know how that sweet spot suppose to feel.

BCarter said it already...  start at a low setting, vape, move up in Wattage (or Voltage on a VV device), vape... continue this process until you get a slightly burnt taste, or the taste changes to something harsh... back the Wattage/Voltage back a couple of notches (usually 0.1-0.2V or 0.2-.05W), and you've found the sweet-spot for that coil/tank combo.

That is the technical way to do it... I use a more simple system. I keep changing the power to I get a nice sweet hit in my tongue, then I know I hit the right.setting for that e-liquid, is becoming a familiar moment..is a nice sweet hit that lets me know that I'm there.

My sweet spot is currenly any variable voltage battery(evod, ego, aspire etc).....keep in mind i'm mostly old school. Only with dripping do i find my sweet spot. VT summer melon, DIY-butterscotch espresso, tiramisu/espresso or banana split. 

I have yet to find any tank system that beats dripping

That is the technical way to do it... I use a more simple system. I keep changing the power to I get a nice sweet hit in my tongue, then I know I hit the right.setting for that e-liquid, is becoming a familiar moment..is a nice sweet hit that lets me know that I'm there.

What you do essentially is the technical way of doing it.  Finding the sweet spot is the technical part.  The method you use, whether it is knowing a general wattage/voltage you want to set your device at to start based on the particular coil in your atty, ratio of PG to VG, particular flavor, etc. then adjusting up or down or simply doing it trial and error method are both technical methods for finding your sweet spot.

As others have already alluded to, how you get to that "sweet spot" and where your "sweet spot" ends up being have nothing to do with whether you get a "sweet hit" on your tongue, per se...although for some a sweet hit on their tongue may be part of their personal "sweet spot".  Finding the sweet spot is all about figuring out what settings you need to set your device at to deliver the most enjoyable experience based on the combination of everything involved.  Like everything else with vaping, everybody is going to have a different sweet spot and everybody is going to have a different method of finding that sweet spot. 

Not only that, it is entirely possible for two people to vape the same liquid from the same bottle on the same device and have two completely different sweet spots for that particular liquid.

What you do essentially is the technical way of doing it.  Finding the sweet spot is the technical part.  The method you use, whether it is knowing a general wattage/voltage you want to set your device at to start based on the particular coil in your atty, ratio of PG to VG, particular flavor, etc. then adjusting up or down or simply doing it trial and error method are both technical methods for finding your sweet spot.

As others have already alluded to, how you get to that "sweet spot" and where your "sweet spot" ends up being have nothing to do with whether you get a "sweet hit" on your tongue, per se...although for some a sweet hit on their tongue may be part of their personal "sweet spot".  Finding the sweet spot is all about figuring out what settings you need to set your device at to deliver the most enjoyable experience based on the combination of everything involved.  Like everything else with vaping, everybody is going to have a different sweet spot and everybody is going to have a different method of finding that sweet spot. 

Not only that, it is entirely possible for two people to vape the same liquid from the same bottle on the same device and have two completely different sweet spots for that particular liquid.

That's actually what I was asking... what is everyone's sweet spot., like you just said, everyone have a different one...I wasn't asking what is the optimal settings for a vaporizer.... never mind...

That's actually what I was asking... what is everyone's sweet spot., like you just said, everyone have a different one...I wasn't asking what is the optimal settings for a vaporizer.... never mind...

Okay, I understand.

I think I was confused by the topic title and your original post.  Even then, I don't have a single sweet spot.  I have 5 different tanks in my rotation and 4 RDA's that I use regularly.  On each of those I use different coils, different airflow settings and different wattage settings depending on the liquid I put in the tank or the liquid I'm dripping.  For example, today I have been using my Lemo with a .7 ohm coil.  For that particular liquid in that particular tank with that particular airflow and that particular coil, my sweet spot is 22.5 watts on a regulated device.  But I have 20 other liquids in stored in my refrigerator that I use in my other tanks or RDA's and my sweet spot is different for every one of them.

To answer the sweet spot for each of my liquids in each of my tanks or in each of my RDA's would take me days do compile the information.  And honestly, I talk enough as it is.

I guess I should asked about different vaping techniques... or "how" people likes to vape..or how people enjoys vaping...or different types of hits....

My question would be... why does it matter? If you enjoy yourself, that's what's important.  :)

No matter how you want to define it, the sweet spot is just that, the perfect combination of device, heat, flavor and vapor. Takes awhile to find it, but you know when you have found it

This is really a hard question to answer.  If you had told me a few months ago that my sweet spot would be a 50/50 juice at 9mg nic, at 500 degrees, 40 watts and a .15 ohm coil, I would have called you a liar.  I was so happy with a 1.5 ohm coil and 25 watts and 80/20 24mg juice.  Who knows, in a month or two I may be back on a KPT 2 mini and an Ego....

Obviously my experience with vaping seems to be different than most of you guys...I started vaping like I always smoke, straight into the lungs with a fast deep inhale, since then I developed a different technique, a much longer inhale to slowly fill up my mouth with vapour, then I keep the vapour in my mouth for a couple of seconds before I inhale into the lungs, then I slowly exhale through my mouth to get max after taste..never through the nose.

I think I'm in a different page than most of you guys...