Kanger Subox Kit

Tug

Great review Tug!

Is it worth going to the new one?

I've bought 3 tanks since I got my original SubTank mini.  I keep going back to the Mini.  I personally think the SauceCode is a better tank, but I am getting better flavor out of the Subtank.  This could be the difference in the builds on them.  I am not using factory coils, only RBAs.

The new coils are nice,but I was really impressed with the new RBA deck with the huge juice channels.I haven't built it yet but I just might give it a go.I would definitely recommend this to anyone,noob or vaping veteran.i like that you can just pop in a fresh battery and not have to wait for a LIPO Battery to charge like the isticks

The new coils are nice,but I was really impressed with the new RBA deck with the huge juice channels.I haven't built it yet but I just might give it a go.I would definitely recommend this to anyone,noob or vaping veteran.i like that you can just pop in a fresh battery and not have to wait for a LIPO Battery to charge like the isticks

I am with you on that.  I bought an iStick 40 and forgot how big of a PITA an internal battery is.  I carry 4 spare batteries, and the iStick so I am pretty well covered.  I am not sure how well I like these new RDA's.  I have 2 of them that have the big holes like the subtank.  It is great as long as the juice level is above them.  I would like to see larger channels and possibly the holes near the bottom.  The new style covers a lot of wicking mistakes though, as long as the holes are covered, you are good.  With the old style wicking can be tricky.

No more internal batteries for me, except for the evod batteries, which I still use. I seem to find the old style RBA is easier to rebuild, I use 60VG/40PG and don't have a wicking problem nor leaking, I can see where if I used more VG like 80% I may have wicking problems.

No more internal batteries for me, except for the evod batteries, which I still use. I seem to find the old style RBA is easier to rebuild, I use 60VG/40PG and don't have a wicking problem nor leaking, I can see where if I used more VG like 80% I may have wicking problems.

I am still running the old RBA and I run everything from 50/50 to 80/20 in it and never have a problem.  The juice I have in it now is 50/50 cut in half with VG...so I guess 75/25?  I can chain vape it and never get a weak or dry hit (i am running on a temp control mod).

TugBoat, not trying to hijack your thread, but I figured there was no use in having 2 threads for the same topic.

Got mine this morning, UPS said weather delays.....

Opened up the box, and disassembled the tank as soon as it arrived.

Noticed that the airflow base did not want to unscrew easily from the tank. Wiped the treads with a clean cloth and got a lot of black gunk. Proceeded to clean the threads with a qtip and alcohol, followed by a warm water rinse once the qtip was clean after a swab of the treads. Dried it with the wife's hair dryer, didn't want to wait for air dry. No big deal really, just needed to be cleaned.

Swapped out the installed .5ohm coil for the 1.5 ohm, and tried to reassemble. No go, the threads wouldn't engage properly, swapped back to the .5 coil, same issue. Pulled the coil out and the tank threaded together fine. After messing with it for 10-15 min, I found that if I backed the coil out about 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn from tight it would screw together no problem. I am guessing that either the chimney or the airflow base isn't machined quite straight. No big deal as long as the juice doesn't leak past the o-ring under the coil, but not the highest quality control I have seen.

Loaded the tank up with a 70VG/30PG juice, and let it sit for about 30 min as I forgot to wet the wick before filling.:blush:

After an hour and a half or so driving around running my Saturday morning errands vaping this set up, I have to say I am quite impressed with the flavor and vapor production. It has better flavor than the Nautilus mini (different juice I admit, but the Nautilus doesn't seem to like the 70/30.) and has a thicker cloud. The flavor is just as good as with the Starre tank, but with a whole lot less cloud, running the same juice. Not really surprising going from .5 ohm at 35-40 watts to 1.5 ohm at 15 watts.

After running up and down the scale from 10 to 25 watts and changing the airflow setting around quite a few times, I have settled on 15watts on the middle air flow. Higher watts on the big hole for airflow does make bigger clouds without tasting burnt, but I got this to try and find a happy middle with the cloud production between the Nautilus mini and my Starre subohm tank. This hit the nail on the head for that.

I have not tried the RTA setup, and probably won't for some time unless someone comes and splits all my firewood for me. :unsure:

Overall after a couple hours of use, I'd give the subtank mini a 3.5 out of 5 stars due to the wonky fitment of the tank parts.  And the subbox mini 4.75 out of 5, because the battery door is longer than the box itself (only .020"-.030") and I caught the longer edge on my pocket and knocked the cover off, and the ohm reading isn't spot on with the coil installed, showing 1.6 for the 1.5. Granted I have yet to personally see any box read perfect. Other than that the box works as advertised.

Yeah my tanks threads were a little dirty too.Thats pretty common with these unfortunately.I was really impressed with the new RBA base,but I haven't used it yet.The juice holes are so big that I think it would be best with a max VG,the thinner juices would probably flood it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard that the enclosed battery wrapper can cause the door to fit improperly, so I didn't use mine and have no problems. I find myself vaping my Subox Mini kit more than my other mods. I do notice that the new vertical coils are a bit harder to install than the older ones, but otherwise can't tell any difference between them.

Broke down and picked up a Subox Mini kit in Black... It was getting good reviews and I figured what the heck.

I have to say I'm satisfied with the purchase, I'm using it now more than anything else. It does fair better with a higher vg...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines