kangertech evod tank firing but not hitting

I bought a kangertech evod tank a couple months ago and I wasn't having any issues. I bought it because nobody had new wicks for my old tank so in a rush I bought this one. Anyways, it was working fine until a few days ago it wasn't hitting very good, I thought I needed a new wick since it was getting to be about that time. I bought a new wick and I was still having the issue but within an hour it stopped hitting all together. It is firing though, I can hear it and it's not gurgling. It sounds perfect, I just can't figure out why I can't get a hit. Both of my batteries are vision spinners, one is just a newer version in case that's relevant. Any help would be appreciated, I can't find anything online. Thanks!

The EVOD tank uses the standard Kanger Pro-Tank single-coils, which are available... everywhere... The EVOD2 and EVOD-Glass use dual-coils (also available everywhere).

One thing to consider, though, is that you may actually have an MT3 tank, sold as an EVOD-style, which requires a different coil.  The easy way to tell is to look at the base of the tank.  The EVOD base is smooth, and the MT3-style are knurled (and shorter).

Chances are the battery pin has been pushed down, but just as likely that you just have a dud coil.  The good news is that you rarely get a bad one if they are authentic coils.  In the last year and a half of vaping, I've found only one dud, and a couple that only lasted through one tank-full of juice.  The vast majority of them last for weeks.

BTW, Welcome to VT!

I should have said this, my other tank works with it but it needs a new wick and it's cheap so it's not the best. I also have two batteries and it doesn't work on either one, I thought it was the battery pin because I've had that issue before. I should have explained it better, when I hit the button on the battery you can hear it fizzle like it's fine but you just can't get any vapor. 

Check you airholes are not gunked up and are clear

Make sure the threads of the battery are not blocking the airholes.  

Pull the coil and blow thru it and make sure its clear. 

Make sure the chimney section including the tip is clear.

Edited by Bebop

Tam was right in my case..my tank stopped working with my battery, but both pieces worked with another brand (evod tank worked with different battery, and evod battery worked with different tank, but both evod battery & tank wouldn't work together).. I was so frustrated but finally found this post online and watched the video tam posted--SAVED my tank and battery from being chucked lol..so THANKYOU  tam and vaportalk! :)

Tam was right in my case..my tank stopped working with my battery, but both pieces worked with another brand (evod tank worked with different battery, and evod battery worked with different tank, but both evod battery & tank wouldn't work together).. I was so frustrated but finally found this post online and watched the video tam posted--SAVED my tank and battery from being chucked lol..so THANKYOU  tam and vaportalk! :)

That's great that you got your battery and tank working again. Happy vaping!  :)

Edited by Tam

• 3 years later...