I'm sure it's been asked a million times.....

But what do most of you prefer your flavor percentages to be? I see mostly 5% from what i can find so thats what i went with on my first batch (plus a few drops of other flavors i thought would mix well) but just curious what most people prefer their juices at?

Lmao, right now I'm testing in an atlantis 2 at about 50w. I made 10ml of french vanilla, 5% flavor, 70/30 vg/pg, 6mg nic and it seems to be pretty low flavor. Of course this is an atty thats been used with other juices for a solid 2 weeks.

I have a few 1.8ohm 510 attys coming in tomorrow to use on an old ego so I'm hoping I'll get a better idea at what the flavor is really like with that. But I'm thinking i might have to bump flavor up to 10% to compensate for the loss of flavor in the tank? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Just had to at least try it today cuz I'm impatient lol. On the plus side the vapor production is great for a 70/30 :-)

It depends on the individual flavoring that you're using. I have some flavors that require as much as 20% and some more concentrated ones that 2% does the trick. Your supplier (or Google) should be able to tell you what the recommended range is for each of their flavorings. I typically go a little beyond their suggestions because I'm all about intense flavoring, but go too far and your juice will start tasting "chemical".

Edited by Rixter

I use 60VG 40PG and 15 - 20 % flavor. I use flavor west flavorings and they require a higher % than some other flavorings, so I'm told. Don't know why I'm answering this I smoked for about 50 years so my taste buds are shot.

...I smoked for about 50 years so my taste buds are shot.

I smoked for 35 years and it took almost two years of being off cigarettes before I started to experience a good sense of smell and taste. It takes a while for some people I guess, but it's well worth the wait!

The only flavors I have problems with are the natural flavors, they taste good but plug up coils if you use too much. Last one I tried was FW  natural cherry, mixed it at 15% went through 2 KPT coils vaping 1 tank. Now I use it as a additive at 5% or less and it does fine. Maybe they sent me the bottom of the vat with all the pulp. 

20%vg and 20-30% flavoring. Some flavors are stronger than others. I dont think i have used 5% with any flavors, even my very strong ones. Then again i use multiple flavors for a total of 20-30

Then again i like strong favor🍉

Edited by kitsune

It all depends on the flavor... Some of my flavors (like chocolates) require higher concentrations (10% or more).  Some flavors are strong to me, even at 1% (mixed with other flavors).  Lemon is a robust flavor that I only add in drops, not milliliters :)  Blending flavors (don't like single flavors), tend to be total concentrations of 20-25% for my tastes, but rarely do I use more than 10-15% for a single flavor in my blends.

What tastes strong to you might be weak for others.  I mixed a batch of Vanilla Ice Cream and thought it was way too strong, but the friend I gave it to said she thought it was a bit weak... then again, I mixed it 50/50 PG/VG (@9mg), and she's use to 80/20 (12-18mg) juices, too...  Which further points-out the fact that PG is the flavor-carrier, so if you are mixing higher VG concentration juices, you will need to go higher % concentrations of your flavors.  High PG juices will require less flavorings.