Taser Mod?

z333

Can one add on whatever it would require onto an existing box mod to add the function of taser without interfering with normal operation by any chance, or is that just a pipe dream?

Edited by z333

I can see it now; someone modifies their box mod into a taser and pushes down the button to vape and... ZAP!

It's probably not something you should try to do unless you also add a toggle switch or something so only one part is working at a time.  :lol:

It would probably fall under the same fates as the failed attempts of cell-phone-taser, lipstick-taser, etc.

Anything that even looks like a common-carry item (mostly for women) are not for self-defense, but to rid you of your money under the premise of "safety".  Far too many women (and their household members) have been accidentally zapped by these devices. :D

Personally, I would agree with Tam, and NEVER have a dual-purpose device (or even one that looks like a common device)... the flashlight-taser being a prime example, or the .22-LR cell-phone? ... Far too many accidents waiting to happen there.

You're not trying to tell me someone created a real lipstick taser outside of the Despicable Me 2 movie, are you? While it's a cool premise, I can't see anyone trying to use it unless they want to be finalists for the next Darwin Awards. lol  :D

Perhaps if the dual purpose Taser didn't involve aiming at the face (or other sensitive areas of the body :lol:) we could have something there.

my thoughts exactly, put the transformer, capacitors, diodes, contacts and lockable killswitch all on the far side of a box mod from the threading. It would have more use than a taser cell phone, considering we can certainly  have custom 3 cell box mods running a hell of a lot more than your average  cell phone's  3.7v (let alone whatever pitiful crap one could cram in a lipstick case). Totally seperate circuit from the vape side. Found a youtube vid showing a simple taser circuit and I'm pretty sure this is very doable. Maybe a pull-pin to physically block a slide switch for safety? The circuit I found is for a standard 9v, and I'm not sure of the math required to make it work with 11.1v, also not sure if the difference in amp rating would require more change in the circuit. I'm sure someone more electronically inclined is around here though. ;p Also wondering if i'm talking about your average amazon taser that just hurts a lot here, or something that could actually drop someone like a  $1000+ Taser brand.

Edited by z333

You're not trying to tell me someone created a real lipstick taser outside of the Despicable Me 2 movie, are you? While it's a cool premise, I can't see anyone trying to use it unless they want to be finalists for the next Darwin Awards. lol  :D

Yes... they've been around longer than the movie too :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFIXXE

And this is just the first one I found... there are hundreds of designs, including those that actually also contain lipstick, and those that fire actual taser darts (like the movie)

• 1 year later...