New Temp Control - IPV D2 or Cloupor GT?

I've been looking at the IPV D2, and waiting for it to become available, but now I've seen the pre-orders for the Cloupor GT, and I'll probably get both, but if you can only get one, which one do you get?

The IPV D2 is a single 18650 unit, with 75W max power.  It is small, and I like that... but IPV has not had the best track-record with their paint and finishes, although their hardware is reliable.

The Cloupor GT is a dual 18650 unit with 80W max power.  It is still relatively small, and my Cloupor minis have been dependable work-horses.

I guess price will be the biggest factor, but if the higher priced one is the best, price is a moot point?  

The IPV is suggested at $69, and a couple of sites have offered up coupons and deals to push them just under $60; however, the Cloupor looks like it will start at $50-55, and site coupons/deals will have it below $45 by the time they are ready to ship.

So, which one would you choose?

I like that the ipv d2 lowers the resistance limit to .05 (if that's true).  You may have seen the trouble we go to building coils small enough to accomodate a .1 build buildin some RTAs, which is the low limit in a lot of mods.  .05 is scary low but I don't know how you get around that since it takes a mile of Ni to get a .15 build. But the .05 limit takes a little of the pain awayy if youve ever tried to target a .1 build, spent the time making it to have it read .09!  😃

That's one of the things I consider a draw-back of TC mods... the Ni wire :(  I've been reading the threads and pains everyone has to get a decent build, and honestly, my low-Ohm threshold is 0.5-ish.  Yeah, using TC, I could probably tolerate much lower builds (better flavor, less "hot"), but I'm still on the fence about making the move, and before I begin building any Ni coils, I think I'll experiment with pre-built heads like the Kanger sub-tank TC OCC?

Between the two devices, I'm leaning towards the Cloupor... price and dual-18650's have my attention

Not to go too off topic, but in general I dont like to go below .7 or .5 max on a kanthal build myself. However, a .15 Ni build (using TC)does not seem to perform anywhere near like you'd expect a kanthal build would perform. I'd say my Ni builds at .15 with TC are comparable to a .5 or .9 kanthal build as far as vapor and flavor are concerned. The appreciable differences and my preference for TC all lie with consistent performance for much longer time before cleaning and rewicking.  It's much more trouble/fuss working with Ni but it has a learning curve steeper than kanthal but worth it. 

I will second that.  It is funny you really can't compare the two.  With Kanthal it is putting a constant  number of watts into the coil (so to speak) where on my .7 - .1 builds i may look down and it is only putting out 15 watts or somthing like that even though I have it set to 28.  I have jacked up my temp to 600 and watts to 60 and just held it down until it starts drying out and the power starts dropping and the batteries are never warm.  I really don't know how it does it.

That's one of the things I consider a draw-back of TC mods... the Ni wire :(  I've been reading the threads and pains everyone has to get a decent build, and honestly, my low-Ohm threshold is 0.5-ish.  Yeah, using TC, I could probably tolerate much lower builds (better flavor, less "hot"), but I'm still on the fence about making the move, and before I begin building any Ni coils, I think I'll experiment with pre-built heads like the Kanger sub-tank TC OCC?

Between the two devices, I'm leaning towards the Cloupor... price and dual-18650's have my attention

It really isn't too hard to work with, but trying to stay around .1 ohm can be challenging.  As many coils as you have made you will not have any trouble with it.  I am with Bebop and think a .1 - .15 preforms like a .5 or so coil, but with many differences.  The main difference to me is I can still run higher wattages, but lower temps and tune my vape to exactly what I like.  It takes a bit of tinkering to figure out what works best for you, but that is half the fun.  It is fun to experiment.  Just the rate at which you inhale can make your temp act differently.

Just pick one up Earthling and see what you think.  If you don't like it, let me know.  I will buy the device off of you!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the D2 for it's single cell, and Cloupor looks a lot smaller for having dual cell. For me, the only drawback for both is no USB port, which means no chance to upgrade firmware. For this reason, I canceled my pre-order of D2 and will wait awhile for reviews to roll in. 

One advantage D2 has over Cloupor GT is having Ti01 mapping. Ti01 is much more forgiving than Ni200. You can easily re-wick without re-coiling or twisting Ni with K1 wires, and it takes less coil wraps that Ni, and making it easier to dual coil or using decks that were too small with Ni builds.

Of course you can run Ti01 on any TC mods that do not support Ti. You just need to set your device approx. 100 degrees or so lower than you would on Ni but results are device dependent.

I read that D2 comes with DC-to-USB cable for charging, but not sure if you can update firmware with it. It would be great if it is... I would grab one in a heartbeat.