Recommendations for my setup

Noob2vaping

Have you built coils before?  

Do you have a meter to read your coils?

Are you intending to build dual coils or single coil in that Mutation?

Anyway I'm new to dripping. I used to use an Aspire Atlantis tank. That's the reason I figured I'd try this forum, not to act like I know everything.

I'm trying to achieve optimum vaping with my set up. My power setting right now is 50w 4.2v .3ohms

Hey no worries at all. Sorry for all the questions. You're in new territory is all.  Quite a difference between that and a dripper

Ya it is different. I wanted to get into dripping for a while now. I just wanted to know if I should use a different gauge of wire & if I did what power settings I should use.

Also different amounts of wraps or bigger or smaller diameter or what types of juices I should look for compared to the ones I used to when I used a tank.

Here's my advice:

be safe 1st.  

Use a meter to measure your ohms on your builds. It will also help you to make consistent builds.  Your dual coils need to be balanced or you won't get good performance.

use an online calculator like steam-engine to plan your builds, size and ohms

study up on building. Do your research. There's plenty of good stuff on YouTube specifically for your Mutation and coils in general.

what you like for a set up will depend on what you want.  Flavor? Clouds? Longer battery life? More or less airflow? You're going to be experimenting to find what you like and it's also going to depend on your juice.  The short answer is there is no best setting.  It's not like the stock coils in an Atlantis tank. You have many more variables with a dripper.

go to a local vape shop and get help from the guy who builds there, not the guy that works the register.

is there something you don't like about your .5 ohm build now?  What do you want different?

Here's an example of a meter to use

image.jpg

Cool.

welcome to VaporTalk. 

Look for a thread called "share your coil builds"  the builders and the drippers hang out in that thread. Lots of pics. Lots of advice. Some crazy builds.  Ask questions in there.  It helps if you ask specific questions or if you are trying to solve specific problems.  Tell em your a noob.  Be yourself. Above all, have fun and enjoy the ride.  Good luck. :)