What did I learn about vaping today......

We live 15 miles from where the flatlanders hang out, and we vape. I know people that live off the grid that vape. (they use solar panels to charge their mods)

The power lines only go a few miles beyond where we live.

There's people other than me that live in the boonies, that are on VT.

Where you live hasn't got much to do with vaping.

I have a solar 10,000mah back up battery pack that I use for charging stuff when we're camping but I once used it to charge my istick 40w and even though it took quite awhile it worked great... Just a thought :)  Oh, remember to keep whatever you're charging out of direct sunlight because it can do some damage if it overheats and we don't need anymore bad press ;)

1 hour ago, Edna said:

I have a solar 10,000mah back up battery pack that I use for charging stuff when we're camping but I once used it to charge my istick 40w and even though it took quite awhile it worked great... Just a thought :)  Oh, remember to keep whatever you're charging out of direct sunlight because it can do some damage if it overheats and we don't need anymore bad press ;)

I have a solar charger for charging cell phones that I suppose would work for mods, haven't used it yet but have it somewhere (I think I hid it from myself)

I learned how to drip today!!! the wonderful boyfriend came yesterday,him and little guy ,they  just left, so I am happily dripping homemade grape, zero nic, on a mutation x v2, on my rx200. guys, nothing says I care like leaving a prebuilt wicked dripper and some home made juice!!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error as usual!!

15 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

I learned how to drip today!!! the wonderful boyfriend came yesterday,him and little guy ,they  just left, so I am happily dripping homemade grape, zero nic, on a mutation x v2, on my rx200. guys, nothing says I care like leaving a prebuilt wicked dripper and some home made juice!!

Nice dripper I have the same one

Well the trip was ok.  My niece was largely "whatever".  My nephew actually caught on to a few positive attributes of vaping.  My sister had found a negative article on vaping and was "tolerant".   I guess as good as it is going to get.  My vaping equipment did a great job of being reliable.  Couldn't shake the feeling that I was bringing a "bad habit" into their homes.  Regardless it was a good trip. 

VOILA! Finally "found" something to take the vapor residue off the inside of my car windows! Witch Hazel of all things. I do put the window down when I vape in the car, but some still sticks to the windshield and window cleaner and isopropyl alcohol just make a cloudy mess. All the windows took a couple of rounds of cleaning, but IT WORKS! Sure beats buying a little bottle of some "super duper" high priced cleaner! Happy mama right here!!! :animier:

yo! cut it! there's a first time for everything!!! thank goodness honey is so very patient, I fussed at him, poor guy! I did one side of the coil, he did the other. same story on the wicking! he kept telling me to quit with the comments on the YouTube idiots and do it the right way, ha! I see a very bright future, I will be building my first coil this evening....heh!

PHOTO_20170206_133039.jpg

PHOTO_20170206_134926.jpg

5 hours ago, VapeMama said:

VOILA! Finally "found" something to take the vapor residue off the inside of my car windows! Witch Hazel of all things. I do put the window down when I vape in the car, but some still sticks to the windshield and window cleaner and isopropyl alcohol just make a cloudy mess. All the windows took a couple of rounds of cleaning, but IT WORKS! Sure beats buying a little bottle of some "super duper" high priced cleaner! Happy mama right here!!! :animier:

I've been buying "Invisible Glass" cleaner from the dollar store... < $2 a can, and it lasts forever, even though I (try to) clean my windows monthly in multiple vehicles.  Even if I buy a can to keep in the trunk or under-seat storage bin for every vehicle, it's worth it... and YES, it does cut the VG residue off the windows, and seems to keep it from re-forming a layer for several weeks.... spray... wipe... wipe... buff.... CLEAN

3 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

I've been buying "Invisible Glass" cleaner from the dollar store... < $2 a can, and it lasts forever, even though I (try to) clean my windows monthly in multiple vehicles.  Even if I buy a can to keep in the trunk or under-seat storage bin for every vehicle, it's worth it... and YES, it does cut the VG residue off the windows, and seems to keep it from re-forming a layer for several weeks.... spray... wipe... wipe... buff.... CLEAN

Works great with a Micro fiber cloth

I learned through tedious tinkering you can fit subtank mini glass on a top tank mini,  you take two super thick o rings, place them at the top, use two toptank top cap o rings, and the silicone ring from the bottom of the crown 2. I had a huge defect with my subtank nano this morning,a drip tip broke off in it, being goofey, I tried and ice pick and hammer. I warped my chimney. so I got out a bunch of pieces I had laying around,and here it is, vapes really good just looks a bit funny!

14865694336791311130067.jpg

42 minutes ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

I learned through tedious tinkering you can fit subtank mini glass on a top tank mini

Ok, now that is amazing.  Would have never thought it possible. 

I learned to not keep my IPV D2 or 3 in an outside pocket skiing. And especially don't keep the spare batteries in an outside pocket. Lucky I had another backup in an inside pocket. Amazed that the 60pg/40vg juice got so thick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

I am so through with kangertech it isn't funny! everytime I have bought a tank from them it has detected in some way ! I like their coils, so I kept buying from them over the years.I'm done now!!

Weird I have never had an issue with any of mine

2 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

I am so through with kangertech it isn't funny! everytime I have bought a tank from them it has detected in some way ! I like their coils, so I kept buying from them over the years.I'm done now!!

I hate that you're having issues with your Kanger tanks... I've been using them almost exclusively for 3 years (along with Russian 91% RTA's), and other than one piece of glass with a tiny defect, I've not had any issues with them... They've been my go-to work-horses since day-one... seriously...  KPT2, KPT2-mini, KPT3-mini, Aerotank, Aerotank-mini, Subank, Subtank-mini, Subtank-nano, and all the top-tank versions.

Perhaps your local B&M is getting a lot of their Kanger stuff from the grey-market or selling a lot of clones to keep their profit-margins higher?  Have you purchased any from online stores like the VT store or one of the other reputable online stores/sellers?

I hate to be contrary. I really do.  It's a bit of a mystery to me , as well, that you've had trouble with Kanger stuff.  Like earthling I have used Kanger products pretty regularly for close to 4 years and I have to say they have been as close to trouble-free as you can get.  

Sorry you're having so much trouble.   

Yep, me too, @Bebop. I've been using Kanger brand tanks for nearly five years now and so many different tanks that have all worked well. If there were problems with them... it was usually something I did wrong, not the tank or coil.  :sofa:   Of course, everyone's different. I'm sorry you're having such problems with all of your Kanger tanks.  :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Vaping is like onions.  It has layers.  (Yes I did steal and bastardize that).

As I get further along into building my own atomizers and get lower in resistance and higher in wattage the flavor is bursting!  I'm going back through some of the juices I have had for a bit and they are taking on a whole new life.  I had tried VTMN Purple and found it an ok vape but no outstanding flavor.  Put an RBA into a Crown (I) and holy crap!  There is a very distinct flavor.  It may not end up being my favorite, but there is flavor.  A ton of it!  The down side is I really need to up my game making DYI juice.  I've got a few tanks and RDA's that are real producers now but they drink juice like flushing a toilet.  Holy moly.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  But I like it!

27 minutes ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

I haven't forgot you buddy,let me know what vg/pg ratio you want on that grape and pineapple diy!! I'll get it down for you!! by the way, the pineapple is completely and totally addictive...be warned!!!

You're the best!  I like anything right around a 70VG/30PG ratio.  I'm not terrible fussy.  50/50 gets a little anemic.  And I love pineapple!  Can't wait!  BTW, grape is great too!