What did I learn about vaping today......

Captains log, star date 1/2/17. Today I have internalized that I really don't like nicotine. Just switching from 3 to 6 mg really diminishes the taste of vaping. I am also so d$&@ tired of coughing! First draw after an hour of not vaping and even 6mg with a sub ohm has me coughing. 12mg, even with my little ego sends me to almost gagging if I'm not careful. I don't know how I ever smoked. I did cough a lot. But after the wonderful experience of vaping 3mg, I have quickly become intolerant of trying to rip my lungs out and I really don't like the taste of nicotine. Only two weeks in seems way too soon to reduce to 6, but anything higher is just nasty for me.

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app

4 hours ago, Walt said:

Captains log, star date 1/2/17. Today I have internalized that I really don't like nicotine. Just switching from 3 to 6 mg really diminishes the taste of vaping. I am also so d$&@ tired of coughing! First draw after an hour of not vaping and even 6mg with a sub ohm has me coughing. 12mg, even with my little ego sends me to almost gagging if I'm not careful. I don't know how I ever smoked. I did cough a lot. But after the wonderful experience of vaping 3mg, I have quickly become intolerant of trying to rip my lungs out and I really don't like the taste of nicotine. Only two weeks in seems way too soon to reduce to 6, but anything higher is just nasty for me.

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Wait until you get to 0mg nicotine, sweet juices get sweeter, and if you use a high VG mix there is no coughing. Nicotine has a pepper taste to it, I know this because when I get VG on my fingers I lick it off its very sweet, normally I would not do this with my VG nic base, but accidently did it once. tasted like a mouthful of black pepper. Last time I do that. That was about 1 drop of 100mg base, so only about 5mg nic, nowhere near a fatal dose, but sure tasted bad.

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Wait until you get to 0mg nicotine, sweet juices get sweeter, and if you use a high VG mix there is no coughing. Nicotine has a pepper taste to it, I know this because when I get VG on my fingers I lick it off its very sweet, normally I would not do this with my VG nic base, but accidently did it once. tasted like a mouthful of black pepper. Last time I do that. That was about 1 drop of 100mg base, so only about 5mg nic, nowhere near a fatal dose, but sure tasted bad.

I was wondering about that.  I am going to pick some zero up as I have been told it is good habit before bed to ditch the nic.  Haven't gotten around to that yet as I am still futzing around with getting my nicotine levels under control.  I have a pink lemonade flavor in 12, 6 and 3.  It is amazing to me the difference in flavor.  12 has no real  lemonade taste, just agitation and part of the burnt taste I associate with smoking.  6 is much better.  It's only with 3 that the real taste starts coming through.  What a difference!  I imagine 12 would taste like black pepper on the tongue. 

This morning I realized that things are changing fast.  First thing in the morning I vape my little ego or nautilous mouth to lung to get some nicotine in the system.  That is no longer satisfying.  I want that wonderful direct to lung vape with the airflow wide open.  How relaxing!  So nice!

Yesterday I learned that I am getting quite spoiled with vaping.  Per my lifestyle, I have very little restriction in regard to where and when I can vape.  Even at the store, I am at liberty to vape as long as there are no customers present.  Yesterday was a Zoo!  Everybody on the planet decided to shop for floor covering.  There I am sneaking vapes behind the counter, thinking "go home, I wanna vape!".  Reminiscent of the old stinkey days.  Consolation being that I know I no longer smell like an ash tray.  All good.  We all still had a good time shopping together and I am confident that I sold a bunch of floors.  Looking forward to the day when I need less nicotine.  

31 minutes ago, Walt said:

There I am sneaking vapes behind the counter, thinking "go home, I wanna vape!".  Reminiscent of the old stinkey days.  Consolation being that I know I no longer smell like an ash tray.  All good. 

But now you can sneak vapes behind the counter without having to go all the way outside to get your nic fix.  :D

2 minutes ago, Tam said:

But now you can sneak vapes behind the counter without having to go all the way outside to get your nic fix.  :D

You got that right!  It got up to a whopping 13 degrees yesterday.  Just the thought of going out for a "smoke" made me shiver.😲

3 hours ago, Walt said:

You got that right!  It got up to a whopping 13 degrees yesterday.  Just the thought of going out for a "smoke" made me shiver.1f632.png

There's an old joke that "Wind-chill" was invented by a meteorologist that also smoked...  The dialogue went something like this:

Meteorologist:  "I'm going out for a smoke"

Producer:  "It's cold out, better bundle up... the thermometer says 10-F"

Meteorologist:  [Jokingly]  "I think I'll strip down to my underwear and see how cold it 'feels"... that will give people a better idea on the effect of wind on your skin" [strips and goes outside to smoke]

Producer:  [after a couple minutes - pokes head out  the door]  "So, what's it feel like?"

Meteorologist:  "F-F-F-F-Feels more like t-t-t-t-two"

Producer:  "You better come in before you catch pneumonia"

Meteorologist:  "I w-w-w-w-ill ... in a m-m-m-m-moment... gotta f-f-f-f-finish t-t-t-this cigarette...."

:D:D 

On 1/7/2017 at 1:53 PM, Bebop said:

Love your stories, Walt.  :D

@bebop  Wonderful to hear!  I'm an old person.  Old people tell stories.  It's just what we do.  Kinda like a "kick stinkies" blog.  

Today I am learning patience.  Most of my online orders are coming directly from China.  Estimated delivery time one month.   Something to look forward to. By then it will probably be a total surprise!  

Today is an anniversary of sorts.  One month vaping with two weeks analog free.  Cravings are few and far between.  Easy to dismiss as the memory of all the problems with that habit are still fresh.  I have learned a lot in the last month.  Greatly due to you folks here.  It's hard to imagine myself as an analog user as my thoughts have shifted to the next flavor, mod, etc. I would like to try.  The frequency of epiphanies are slowing down as well.  I have also discovered that I am rather proud of my new habit, to the point of being eager to show off my equipment.   That sounded lewd, lol, but you folks know what I mean.  

Your posts are refreshing...Yep, I was there just 7 months ago and I still share your enthusiasm ....watch out or you'll wind up buying vape gear for everyone you know who still smokes analogs to get them to share your success . So far I've converted both of my sons, my daughter in law and a couple of neighbors and currently I'm working on my sisters boyfriend   LOL

Congratulations on your vape-a-versary :)

4 minutes ago, Edna said:

So far I've converted both of my sons, my daughter in law and a couple of neighbors and currently I'm working on my sisters boyfriend   LOL

My track record in regard to converting others is at a dead zero.  My wife just says no and my oldest daughter has serious reservations.  Her best friend and business partner is a pharmacist and she wants confirmation that vaping is perfectly healthy.  To me that is a bizarre requirement, but I don't challenge it.   Neither of them smoke enough to be have a great impact on their health.  Sometimes attraction is better than promotion.  

There's a ton of articles from the UK and other sites like Natural News that you can use to help convince people.

Sometimes just giving them the gear with a bunch of different flavors to try does it. For My son and his wife, I got them both Joyetech ego AIO's and an extra box of coils and about 15 different flavors and put them in stockings for Christmas. In their card I linked to different youtube videos that explained how to work them. Then I left it alone and didn't say a word until they called to say they tried it and enjoyed it..So I told them when they've been off analogs for 3 months I'd buy them the gear to upgrade if they wanted...It worked ;)

Sometimes inaction is the best action....

12 minutes ago, Walt said:

My track record in regard to converting others is at a dead zero.  My wife just says no and my oldest daughter has serious reservations.  Her best friend and business partner is a pharmacist and she wants confirmation that vaping is perfectly healthy.  To me that is a bizarre requirement, but I don't challenge it.   Neither of them smoke enough to be have a great impact on their health.  Sometimes attraction is better than promotion.  

If she is waiting for a "perfectly safe" option, you could point out that breathing is not "perfectly safe". You never know what is in the air you are breathing.  A little extreme, but does have a bit of truth to it, especially if you live in a city.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

If she is waiting for a "perfectly safe" option, you could point out that breathing is not "perfectly safe". You never know what is in the air you are breathing.  A little extreme, but does have a bit of truth to it, especially if you live in a city.

Lol,  I was a little more brutal than that.  Told her to try breathing in any major city.  I agree with you Squid, there's a point where being safe becomes ludicrous.  I'm no fan of living in bubble wrap with a helmet.  Anything is safer than driving to work.

10 hours ago, Walt said:

Don't worry @Walt, your track record won't stay at zero forever.  As far as your daughter wanting confirmation that vaping is perfectly healthy, it will never happen.  We are still inhaling foreign substances.  However, perhaps you can share this tidbit of information with her:

My health insurance is with Kaiser Permanente and therefore I have a Kaiser doctor.  KP is a huge opponent of vaping and will do just about anything to prescribe meds to their patients.  After about 30 minutes of arguing (yes, actual arguing) with my doctor in which I told him more than once he was an ignorant @#$! who needed to do more objective research rather than "tow the company line and support Big Pharma".  During that same visit he tried to convince me to try gum (been there, done that, causes heartburn), patches (been there, done that, causes horrendously violent dreams if you accidentally fall asleep with one on - a story all in itself), lozenges (been there, done that, causes mouth sores), Welbutrin (been there, done that, didn't do a thing for me) and Chantix.  He actually wrote me a Chantix prescription AFTER we had the argument and I, in my less than tactful nature when I'm ticked off, told him I didn't need any toilet paper.  I wadded the prescription up, told him I was not going to put anything in my body that is KNOWN to have a potential for causing suicidal ideations.  He finally relented and admitted I had some valid points and that he would rather see me vaping than smoking.

In other words, of course your daughter's best friend is going to be anti-vaping.  Her livelihood depends on prescription drugs. 

1 hour ago, Adversarious1 said:

He finally relented and admitted I had some valid points and that he would rather see me vaping than smoking.

It's a shame you had to drag him through mud for a half hour to get him to admit what he knew all along.  I will share this with Audrey.  At the same time, I can't pressure.  I taught her to be an independent thinker and I need to honor that even when the disagreement is with me.  She is a sharp individual and I am sure she will make the right decision for her.  I also need to stay cognizant of my enthusiasm and wanting to share that.  I drive my friends nuts with showing them my new mod and the amazing new tank.  I'm rattling on about the accuracy of the temperature control and they are going comatose.  

• 2 weeks later...

I learned I can vape 3mg perfectly happy.what I needed was a bit more of a throat hit,which I was getting from max vg with nic at an eight. welcome to the good life, right??? I went to a local vapeshop, and got something with a bit more pg as my boyfriend suggested.my vaping is more of an oral fixation than nicotine addiction,which he also picked up on!! this guy!! I think I will be off the nic in a month flat. he is very very smart. and...my first rta as soon as they get my stainless in stock, so he's teaching me that too!!! I'm going with the griffin 25 plus rta with the top airflow!! woot woot!!!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error as usual!!

A little nervous today.   Going on an overnight trip to the boonies where folks aint herd ah no vapin.  Stores aint got no e-juice, big batteries, or atomizers.  Hope I brought enough "back-ups" and juice.  Don't want to walk in with a rolling suitcase of stuff either.  Also hope the folks were staying with are good with vaping.  Headed north.  It's cold there.  Real cold there.  Good for blowing clouds but I hate it when my teeth chatter on my drip tip. 

1 hour ago, Walt said:

A little nervous today.   Going on an overnight trip to the boonies where folks aint herd ah no vapin.  Stores aint got no e-juice, big batteries, or atomizers.  Hope I brought enough "back-ups" and juice.  Don't want to walk in with a rolling suitcase of stuff either.  Also hope the folks were staying with are good with vaping.  Headed north.  It's cold there.  Real cold there.  Good for blowing clouds but I hate it when my teeth chatter on my drip tip. 

You can be the kid with all the cool toys. If the folks you're staying with aren't good with vaping, you can just do that in the bathroom or the room you're staying in - just don't vape anything with a strong odor - stay with light fruit or minty flavors. Take a drag and hold your breath for a few seconds, that will decrease the amount of vapor that comes out.   :) 

Edited by Tam