What did I learn about vaping today......

Today I learned that there is a little clear O-ring on the bottom of the coils for my sub tank that has a tendency to come off when you switch coils and once there is 2 or more invisibly stuck to the base the next coil will not seat properly causing liquid to seep below and leak out the air holes all over the friggin place!

What a mess :blush:

Today I learned that there is a little clear O-ring on the bottom of the coils for my sub tank that has a tendency to come off when you switch coils and once there is 2 or more invisibly stuck to the base the next coil will not seat properly causing liquid to seep below and leak out the air holes all over the friggin place!

What a mess :blush:

That got me too :(:(

Today, I didn't actually learn, but finally accepted that my eyes are also 63 years old and I can't see all those O ring thinggys and miss some.  Some even have the audacity to be clear.  So today I designed my new setup:  A 12 volt Die Hard battery connected through an HO train set rheostat to a MacPherson strut coil spring installed in a copper moonshine still tank, and liquid by the liter.  Barring that, a 12 volt solar water tank coil, installed in a 20 gallon Sears mobile home electric water heater with a plug for all the holes except the hot water egress and screwed into that would be a series of descending diameter pipes ending with a designer tip. Shold be portable with a big enough carrying case.  I should now be able to see all the anti leak gasketing thinggys. 

...I designed my new setup:  A 12 volt Die Hard battery connected through an HO train set rheostat to a MacPherson strut coil spring installed in a copper moonshine still tank, and liquid by the liter.  Barring that, a 12 volt solar water tank coil, installed in a 20 gallon Sears mobile home electric water heater with a plug for all the holes except the hot water egress and screwed into that would be a series of descending diameter pipes ending with a designer tip...

gallery_15088_188_17151.jpg

I actually already knew this, but was reminded of it this morning...

When the weather gets colder and your vaping in the car, be sure to crack the window so that you can see WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE GOING!!  :wacko:

Edited by Havamal

That's why I refuse to own a car without vent windows.  Consequently my newest car is an 86 CJ7.  Car makers have been cheating us out of vent windows for decades on the pretense of streamlining or whatever.  I think it's just cheapness.  I thought GM might have had a good idea with their touted 'flow through' ventilation system but that was a big letdown.  The only thing that happened was the ventilation fan ran every time you turned on the key and was really annoying in winter with a weak battery.  And yes I know I don't get explosive devices in the steering wheel, dash panel, side cushions and now even in the roof.  Good driving skills are the best accident prevention system. The only explosive device I had in my car was that erstwhile istick 50.  

Today I learned that we're all prone to "rookie mistakes"...

I rebuilt my Russian 91% in the wee hours this morning, but I built the coil to 1.8 Ohms instead of the 1.2 Ohms I had been using, to give me a cooler vape... but I didn't lower the Wattage on my IPV-mini to account for the higher resistance... instantly fried my organic cotton (with a full tank of juice).... not once, but TWICE!   Yes, I drained and re-wicked it, refilled, and toasted it a second time! :D  Eventually, I realized that higher Wattage was the cause of the problem, not just poor wicking technique at 2am, lol :D

Edited by Earthling789

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2015 at 7:51 PM, cany said:

Today I learned that when your fed up and ready to shoot your Mod with a 12ga  It might be user error and not the Mods Fault :o:o

AMEN TO THAT! (said the queen of user errors)

On 8/29/2015 at 11:28 AM, Tam said:

The good thing about the VG is that it's easier to get off windows than the tar from cigarettes. Speaking of... I need to do that today. LOL 

Yeah, I agree, but after being a medium/heavy smoker for more than 35 years, I can vouch for what a pain in the can it can be cleaning nic residue off the windows.  Best friend is now vaping after being a heavy smoker for years, and I swear, I have no idea how she sees out of her windshield!!!

12 hours ago, cany said:

Today I learned that when Im sick and all stuffed I cant taste my vapes :angry::angry:

When I got sick and had a stuffy nose, I discovered that a fruit flavor mixed with some peppermint flavored juice does wonders. Not only could I taste it, but the blueberry/peppermint combo has become one of my favorites. Hope you feel better soon, Cany!  :) 

Do they make "vic's vapo rubb" flavor? :lol:

today I learned that you can lose your favorite tank.  :(

yep. My Youde Zephyrus just vanished in to thin air.  Literally, I have no idea where it went. It's just missing completely. You know how you do that thing where you look in the same place 3 times.?  Yeah, did all that and it's gone. I was gonna be out all day so I put it in a pocket las thing I did before I went out the door and when I went to transfer it to my case later I couldn't find it.  I thought I must have pulled it out of my pocket and put it down. It's gone.

thats the bad news.  The good news is the version 2 is out now and I've got a couple with my name on it when they come back in stock. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't learn this tonight, but it was really reinforced.  @Tam, @Earthling789, @Jeffb, @Bebop, @Compenstine, and countless others drilled into my head about backups, and backups for backups... tonight it paid off.

I had to work late and we were rushing to get out the door at the office.  I jumped into the car and headed home.  I reached down for my trusty NEBOX, and it wasn't there.  I had a flash and saw it setting on my desk.  I was 10 - 15 miles away, and I don't have a key.  I thought about calling the boss and turning around, but he was rushing to an event for his daughter.  It wasn't a problem.  I reached in my laptop bag grabbed my backup.  It was dead.  No problem, popped a fresh battery in and drove home.  My current backup is a Wismec Presa 75TC with a Crown on top.  It doesn't vape like my NEBOX.  No problem again.  I get home rebuild the RBA grab the new backup off the shelf and it is just like I didn't leave one at work....all is well and I am calm.

41 minutes ago, Tam said:

Good for you, Jason, I'm glad you had enough back ups to see you safely home without having to go into roadrage due to not having what you needed.  :) 

It was touch and go...but I made it ;)

Seriously though, one thing I have been so amazed by is the fact I really don't go into nic fits since I quit smoking.  If I have to go a few hours without vaping, it is no big deal.  After a few hours with out a analog, I would be climbing the walls!

1 minute ago, jasonculp said:

Seriously though, one thing I have been so amazed by is the fact I really don't go into nic fits since I quit smoking.  If I have to go a few hours without vaping, it is no big deal.  After a few hours with out a analog, I would be climbing the walls!

Oh man... that is one thing I've noticed after only 6-months of vaping... no more nic-fits!! :D  Before I started vaping, I could only go about 90-min without lighting up... any longer than that and I'd start strangling hookers, lol :D

I'm glad you had plenty of back-ups... and from what I know of your previous purchases, I was sure you had PLENTY of backups to keep you going!  There's been times when a half-charged eGo and a KPT3-mini was my only working backup of a backup of a backup, and I was glad I found it in the saddlebags... But, even then, like you, I would have been fine making it home without a vape. 

35 minutes ago, jasonculp said:

Funny that you mentioned that. Today, I got so busy I couldn't get a break to vape for over four hours under heavy stress (last day before new semester starts on Monday and there was a crapton of stuff that had to be finished)... and it didn't faze me at all. No one got maimed, I didn't even get the urge to mangle anyone... even a little bit.  :evil: 

29 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

I'm glad you had plenty of back-ups... and from what I know of your previous purchases, I was sure you had PLENTY of backups to keep you going!  There's been times when a half-charged eGo and a KPT3-mini was my only working backup of a backup of a backup, and I was glad I found it in the saddlebags... But, even then, like you, I would have been fine making it home without a vape. 

I do have a lot of vape gear.  I am just very partial to my ADV rig.  It isn't the best I have, it isn't the worst, it is just my favorite.  I am so glad I bought it.

I also have been getting a bit lax in keeping plenty of backups with me.  I got home the other night and realized that I had no extra charged 18650s with me.  I had at least 10 at home, but none with me.  I do have a usb charger, but, why no batteries?

4 minutes ago, Tam said:

Funny that you mentioned that. Today, I got so busy I couldn't get a break to vape for over four hours under heavy stress (last day before new semester starts on Monday and there was a crapton of stuff that had to be finished)... and it didn't faze me at all. No one got maimed, I didn't even get the urge to mangle anyone... even a little bit.  :evil: 

I tried to explain this to a friend the other day.  When we were putting in the new computer I wouldn't vape until lunch, and never thought anything about it.  I sure couldn't have done that a couple years ago!