What did I learn about vaping today......

• 3 weeks later...

Today I learned that the foggy look on the inside of my truck windows that has been driving me crazy for months  is caused by VG :lol::lol:

I had to clean the interior windows of my car the other night, and it took several tries to get all the VG residue off!  I guess we need to wash windows a little more often? LOL

I had to clean the interior windows of my car the other night, and it took several tries to get all the VG residue off!  I guess we need to wash windows a little more often? LOL

The good thing about the VG is that it's easier to get off windows than the tar from cigarettes. Speaking of... I need to do that today. LOL 

The good thing about the VG is that it's easier to get off windows than the tar from cigarettes. Speaking of... I need to do that today. LOL 

What do y'all use?  I have been using Invisible Glass aerosol, with one of those "As Seen on TV"  triangular microfiber thingies...  It seems to smear instead of clean.  I think the tool is working fine, just the glass cleaner sucks. (it works fine on normal stuff, just not vape residue)

This is yet another downside to the larger vapor.  With the Nautilus I didn't have to clean nearly as often as I have to now!

I use Windex and paper towels or news paper when I have it.

Regular Windex and Bounty paper towels, it works like a charm for me. I'm not stingy with the Windex when I clean the windshield either.   :)

I guess we will have to go pick up some Windex.  I have not used it in years.  We use Sprayway aerosol for everything glass around the house.  I used to buy it by the case for cleaning the airplane's windshield on every load.  It worked the best on them because of the foam.  I had to clean it up to 10-12 times a day...I don't miss it!  We used to bring them home from work so we always had free glass cleaner.  Now that we aren't in the spraying business any more, the habit just stuck.  I got the Invisible Glass hoping it worked better, but it looks like I need to go back to regular Windex.

Thanks!

Yep, the foamy stuff don't really work that well on VG... it just smears it.  Plain old Windex (or the generic blue stuff) works just fine.  If you have tinted windows, you have to use the non-ammonia cleaner, and lots of it.

Plain paper-towels or news-paper works better than a micro-fiber towel... Micro-fiber is great for putting on the final polishing, though.

You can always use vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle. It works well and deodorizes. It won't stain the upholstery either. You can also buy a pre-mixed bottle at the Dollar Store. secretly love the dollar store.

I am going to have to try that.  I have heard of it before, but was scared it would stink up my car.

I am not secret about my love for the dollar store....it is a great place!

Last time I used the foam on my VG covered windshield, it looked great for about an hour, then that thin, foggy sheen was right back (in spots)... it was like I got most of it, but it was still streaked and nasty...  I hope you had better luck!

Tonight, I learned that you shouldn't let noobs play with your authentic Russian 91%...

They thought the upper metal part was loose, because it was twisting, so they tightened it up... to the point of separating the threading right off the acrylic tank section :(

Now, I have TWO Russians that need clear center sections...

Only let noobs play with cheap clones and not your authentic Russians. Got it.  :)

Sorry your tank was the victim of inexperienced hands. Do they sell the clear center sections? Or can you replace these with a Pyrex one?

Got it :)

The last one I bought didn't fit... I think it was for the Kayfun because it was too tall.  I'm going to have to dig deeper to find the correct ones for Russians.  Oh, I wish they made Pyrex replacements, but i think the threaded sections would be way too fragile?

I don't mind using the steel section, but it's soooo hard to tell if you've over-filled without using a syringe and measuring, and the only way to know you're running dry is to get a dry-hit :(

Edited by Earthling789

I learned...You have to be careful when applying Ohm's law to the atomizer of a regulated device to calculate battery draw.

It does not work like a mechanical mod.  The ohms of your atomizer has nothing to do with the amount of amps drawn from your battery in wattage mode.

I have always thought it worked different than it did on a mechanical, but never knew how to calculate it.

Here is the formula:

Wattage / Battery Voltage X 1.1 (for a 90% efficient board)

So at 50 watts @ 4.2V we would see a draw of 13 Amps, but at 3.2V it would be 17 Amps.

I will start a thread about this in Variable Voltage Mod Forum.   No I won't...just typed a whole post...and it dissapeared... forget it!

Here is a good calculator if you would like to use it:  Steam Engine Battery Drain   

Edited by jasonculp

Just want to post on topic for a sec. :D What I learned today...kinda... Is no matter what you think you want, there is always something new/better that comes out a day after you order. :D

Or right after you finally talked your self into buying it.... it goes on sale for 75% less than what you just paid!   :wacko: