Candidates

I lost count a few weeks ago and decided to find a list to get a head count. OMG! The list I found was huge! It included every party and independent person currently bidding to get on the final ballot. If the people could get beyond the two party system, there might be a hidden gem in that list.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be another Bush vs. Clinton this time around, and although I can't explain it, I think there are enough moronic voters out there (there...I said it!) to put Hillary behind the wheel regardless of how many lies she gets caught in. What has happened to this country? If I had the means, I'd move to Canada. :(

Is R. Lee Ermey going to run? Half of the people running now might be dead by November 2016. 

Yes Rixter there are a lot of uninformed morons that will vote

Edited by FXRich

I tend to lean right but honestly the only person right now speaking any kind of sense seems to be Bernie imo

Same. While most of the candidates look pretty bleak, Bernie has some interesting ideas and definitely sides with the day to day worker. But I think similar to Ron Paul the media will likely drown him out with the usual bull and we'll be left with two crappy choices come voting time. As is usually the case. 

On the flip side Chris Christie, while he's made some questionable decision as New Jersey's mayor really is a ball buster. He's not afraid to call out Teachers, Union or anyone for that matter. I sort like his cut the ******** attitude. But I don't know enough about his track record to lean one way or the other. But I definitely love his debates.  

I'm pretty sure it's going to be another Bush vs. Clinton this time around, and although I can't explain it, I think there are enough moronic voters out there (there...I said it!) to put Hillary behind the wheel regardless of how many lies she gets caught in. What has happened to this country? If I had the means, I'd move to Canada. :(

But, but we need a woman president! *sarcasm* 

Yes Rixter there are a lot of uninformed morons that will vote

...as evidenced by the last two elections.

But, but we need a woman president! *sarcasm* 

Yeah...I love that one, too.

I think Bernie is too far left even for the left. I do believe he will draw Hillary more to the left in the primaries which will help the Republicans.

Yea you're right. He is to the dems what Ron Paul was to the republicans 

Back to a little bit of a serious thing lol. I live in Tennessee which did not vote for Bill Clinton in either of his terms nor Al Gore who is from Tennessee in his (arguable) loss. All you need here to get elected is an R by your name. We have elected state senators and house members with extensive criminal records because they were the "republican" on the ballot. Its so sad.

In reality when it comes to national elections and ESPECIALLY the POTUS I am hemmed in. I am a very conservative fiscal person BUT very progressive socially. I want someone who will represent me and that does not occur on the GOP or DEM tickets. I have made a vow to myself to never again vote for anyone with a R or a D by their name for national office. I wish it could become a movement.

Politics in our nation has become a sport with people cheering on their team but about as much usable policy has come out of DC in the last 12-16 years as has come out of the NFL.

What we need is a strong libertarian leaning independent that can identify with the 60%+ of the country that do not affiliate with either party and are "democrat leaning" independents or "GOP leaning independents" but in reality we are looking for something different.

Again in Tennessee it makes 0 difference who I vote for in the Presidential election so I will probably just fish that day.

Again in Tennessee it makes 0 difference who I vote for in the Presidential election so I will probably just fish that day.

Any more it can be argued that it don't matter in any state. Local elections are different, but as far as the Presidential election it seems to be a pointless effort. IMO It is sad that in this country that this point can even be argued.

Back to a little bit of a serious thing lol. I live in Tennessee which did not vote for Bill Clinton in either of his terms nor Al Gore who is from Tennessee in his (arguable) loss. All you need here to get elected is an R by your name. We have elected state senators and house members with extensive criminal records because they were the "republican" on the ballot. Its so

I know many people that vote this way on both sides. Anyone with an R or D by their name and they get the vote. Very sad and frustrating.

Yea in reality most blue states always vote that way and most red states vote that way. If you want to make a difference you have to live in Ohio, Florida or Pennsylvania. It seems those three states are the swing votes in every POTUS election.

Electoral College is very antiquated and our leaders, especially our one figurehead, should 100% be elected by a popular vote.