Kanger EVOD Glass Tank Issues

I bought a Kanger Evod Glass Tank on friday.  By friday night the tank wasn't working.  Couldn't figure it out.  Tried all my batteries on my wife's tank and they worked just fine.  Then I pushed the battery button to start it while screwing my tank on before it get's all the way down it starts to fire up.  So now I'm using my tank with it loose at the top.  Anyone else had this issue and know what it is?  Plan on taking my tank back to the store I got it from on Monday.  I didn't drop the tank, haven't over tightened it because my batteries are working just fine with all other tanks.  HALP! lol Thanks!

Change the coil. Coils sometimes vary in length, not much but enough.

Your coil might be loose too, make sure its tight.

Edited by FXRich

I've had this problem with a couple of my tanks, If I remember correctly, the contact point inside the tank can get pushed back. somebody with more knowledge on this will be around.  I haven't had this problem since I switched to the aspire tanks. For some    reason, I had the same problem, but only on a couple of batteries. 

I have never had a evod tank, other people have said bad things about them. I do use T3 tanks a lot and never had a problem with them except once when on my bike I tried to use it at 65mph and dropped it, went back to get it and the tip was broke, but it still worked.

Yes, it is possible that the pin at the bottom of the coil head has moved out.
Here is an evod single head with pin removed.

IMAG0533.jpg

This is the entire head, and it is very easy to rebuild with 32 wire and cotton.

6aa786d8-b313-4745-8151-35f62d6a64b2.jpg

This is a common issue with any atomizer head that makes direct contact with the battery.  Either the pin is pushed in (not making contact) or the pin is out too far (binding against excess wire from the coil).  Sounds like you have the latter issue.  Push the pin higher with your finger or a flat-metal object... also check to see if excess wire from the coil is binding-up the pin (forcing it to be too low).

I've had both issues with my EVOD-style tanks, including KPT2, KPT3, and their mini versions...