Burns on tongue?

Hi all,

anyone ever had burns on their tongue like this?

i have been vaping for around 2.5 years and never had this before.

i recently bought a 20 Eleaf Istick and changed my eliquid to hangsen 12mg berry flavour. That was around about 2 weeks ago.

The battery is more powerful than any I have ever used before even on its lowest setting.

the liquids ingredients seem to be the same as my previous liquid. 

Since changing I've had a constant bad throat and my cig seems to be burning my tongue. 

I woke up this morning and my tongue was like the pictures...

anyone had or seen this before? Any recommendations?

image.jpg

image.jpg

First of all, Welcome to VT!

The iStick 20 is well known for over-powering (higher than it's settings, and irregular outputs)... I do not recommend those batteries!  The iStick 30 and 50W versions have much better chips in them, and the 50W has HUGE battery life! 

Secondly, I think you have a combo issue... One is the over-powering of the battery, and two is the fact you appear to have an allergy to the juice... either the flavoring, or one of the "unlisted" ingredients.  Stop using that juice today!!

The mouth heals quickly... give it a rest for a day or two, and drink LOTS of water!  Gargle some salt-water to aid the healing, as well as remove infection.  Switch to a juice you know works for you, and get rid of that iStick 20.  Almost all of the members here that have tried them have had the same issue... and we (collectively) do NOT recommend anyone use them.

That looks like nicotine stains...I used to get those a lot when I was a smoker. My recommendation will be lower the nicotine % in your E-liquid..by a lot.

Edited by cesar

First of all, Welcome to VT!

The iStick 20 is well known for over-powering (higher than it's settings, and irregular outputs)... I do not recommend those batteries!  The iStick 30 and 50W versions have much better chips in them, and the 50W has HUGE battery life! 

Secondly, I think you have a combo issue... One is the over-powering of the battery, and two is the fact you appear to have an allergy to the juice... either the flavoring, or one of the "unlisted" ingredients.  Stop using that juice today!!

The mouth heals quickly... give it a rest for a day or two, and drink LOTS of water!  Gargle some salt-water to aid the healing, as well as remove infection.  Switch to a juice you know works for you, and get rid of that iStick 20.  Almost all of the members here that have tried them have had the same issue... and we (collectively) do NOT recommend anyone use them.

That iStick sounds dangerous if it causes nicotine stains like that... that is why I think "some" regulations for vaporizers won't be a bad thing... nasty...:wacko:

At higher heat, the contents of the liquids can change drastically.  Liquids are designed to work a certain heat levels, get too high and the chemicals can become more dangerous to the mouth.  kinda like cooking milk--at lower heat no problem, at high heat it scalds and burns. 

I'm with earthling....ditch it.  do you have some extra regular batteries?  try your liquid using a lower voltage, lots and lots of water....salt water rinse can help too. 

That iStick sounds dangerous if it causes nicotine stains like that... that is why I think "some" regulations for vaporizers won't be a bad thing... nasty...:wacko:

It's not the iStick that actually causes it... yes, at higher heat, the nicotine absorbs into the body faster, but from the look of the blisters and staining, my belief is the juice is 80% of the issue.

Even regulation won't stop a device from behaving this way... the chip-set on the iStick 20 is MEAN, not RMS output... THAT is the issue with it, and I think the chip does not accurately gauge the resistance of the coll, either... They're just cheaply made, IMO!

That looks like nicotine stains...I used to get those a lot when I was a smoker. My recommendation will be lower the nicotine % in your E-liquid..by a lot.

You got nicotine stains on your tongue??

You got nicotine stains on your tongue??

I was a heavy smoker.. that nicotine stains are very common if you smoke heavily. I haven't have those since I been vaping thought...I actually surprise to see that images from a vaporizer.

I was a heavy smoker.. that nicotine stains are very common if you smoke heavily. I haven't have those since I been vaping thought...I actually surprise to see that images from a vaporizer.

I smoked 3 packs a day for a long time never had any "Stains" on my tongue from it

I smoked 3 packs a day for a long time never had any "Stains" on my tongue from it

I used to smoke rolling tobacco... that is probably why, no filters. You smoked normal cigarettes, right ?

I used to smoke rolling tobacco... that is probably why, no filters. You smoked normal cigarettes, right ?

Yes I did  and I got normal nicotine stains on fingers/mustache but nothing ever on tongue

Well, rolling tobacco will do that to your mouth... nasty stuff, specially without filters.

Dad smoked Lucky Strikes (no filters) his whole life never had stains on his tongue I remember as a kid upstate we use to roll our own (bugler tobbaco in a can ) never had stains on our tongues Hell the tongue is moist and wet in theory it shouldnt get stained unless its dry   

Dad smoked Lucky Strikes (no filters) his whole life never had stains on his tongue I remember as a kid upstate we use to roll our own (bugler tobbaco in a can ) never had stains on our tongues Hell the tongue is moist and wet in theory it shouldnt get stained unless its dry   

Hey..i'm not making this stuff up...I never have it this extreme but..

http://www.dermnetnz.org/common/image.php?path=/reactions/img/smoker-tongue.jpg

Looks like a bit more than a nicotine stain to me

Is a reaction to nicotine building in your mouth.. maybe "stain" isn't the correct word, but that is how I call it. Haven't have any problems with vaping, so that is good.

Hi guys,

i have used used a tongue scraper, toothbrush and mouthwash and my Tongue looks a little better. Any ideas? :S

image.jpg

I hate to sound like a broken record.. but... you know.... stain.... cleaning your mouth. ;)

Edited by cesar

I hate to sound like a broken record.. but... you know.... stain.... cleaning your mouth. ;)

the picture makes It look better than it is, it is still sore.   I clean my mouth all the time as anyone should 

the picture makes It look better than it is, it is still sore.   I clean my mouth all the time as anyone should 

Is just a reaction... honestly, is nothing to worry about, in a couple of days you tongue will be as good as new. I will do what the other guys said thought, don't use that battery again and that e-liquid.

Nicotine being a colourless volitile oil, probably doesn't stain anything, vaped or burnt.  I think it is the tars in burnt tobacco that cause stains.  Because vapour has no tar properties, there is probably something else going on here.  I'd go for the allergy or burn theory.  I too think you should get rid or the whole setup including battery, tank and liquid and try some or the recommended batteries and liquids here.  Liquid especially from a different manufacturer so as to eliminate this manufacturer's hidden ingredients.  ASAP!  I've used the Istick 20 (got 3 of em) for a long time now, and I like em but I've got to keep adjusting the v/w to keep consistent flavour.  The Istick 50 is far superior for consistency and longevity.  

I took my set up to the shop I bought it from today and he said my case is extremely unusual. He has replaced my 20 Istick with a new 20 Istick, give me a new different aspire tank and 6mg blueberry Hangsen liquid all for free and told me to try again. If I get even a hint of the same happening again I will take it all back get a refund and go back to my old set up.

heres hoping all goes well now because it really wound me up 

image.jpg

Edited by Riggers91

I hope this solution works for you.  It sounds like you have a good customer service oriented shop.  I'd take this seriously since there isn't much in eliquid to cause stains. (Disclaimer)  I'm not a doctor, nor have I played one on tv, but I did PLAY doctor with the other neighbourhood kids 55 years ago, so you can judge my qualifications.