Caffeine E-liquid ?

I noticed is lots of e-liquid suppliers around here, and I was wondering if it is possible to make e-liquid with caffeine instead of nicotine. ? Coffee flavour or Energy Drink will be a lot nicer with caffeine instead of nicotine....

Caffeine is not absorbed by the body the same way Nicotine is.  Nicotine can be absorbed by the skin, aerosolized, liquid, solid, and is absorbed at 99% rate, regardless of method.  Heat increases the absorption rate to increase perceived effects...  Caffeine is best absorbed in liquid form, ingested into the stomach, and processed into the blood-stream by the kidneys/intestines.  Ingestion has an absorption rate of 99%, but takes up to 45-min to feel the effects.

Caffeine gum and sprays are absorbed into the bloodstream through the mouth and throat, but only at the level of 50-75% the rate of an equal volume ingested into the stomach.

Caffeine "could" be added to e-liquids, but to get the equivalent of a cup of coffee, you'd have to vape 300mg (or a liter of 33% solution), and it would take 45-min for the effects to be felt.  Basically, you'd have to drown in the stuff, and wouldn't get much benefit for the effort :)

Thanks for the info, so " it is " possible... I thought it may be but I wasn't sure. I know about the 45 minutes thing and the low absorption... but I still will buy caffeine e-liquid to have a break from the nicotine. Maybe one day..huh?  

Count me in with those in favor of getting their caffeine through coffee. My daily work routine consists of me arriving at work anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes before I actually start. I grab a cup of coffee, meet up with a couple of other vapers who work in my building, sit outside and chat for a bit. If I didn't have that coffee mug in one hand and a one of my mods in the other, something would just feel wrong. It would feel like I was naked or something.

Other things use caffeine too thou... Cola drinks, Energy Drinks are mostly caffeine based, tea...obviously coffee. I enjoy my cup of coffee too... but I won't mind cutting down on energy drinks and Coca-Cola, which by the way are very bad for you.

I was drinking 2+ pots (yes, I said pots) of coffee daily, before 1pm!  I was also chugging down upwards of a half-gallon of Mt. Dew daily, along with several liters of water, tea, etc.  My body was use to extreme levels of caffeine daily, that I could drink a pot of coffee before bedtime and sleep like a log!

I quit the coffee and cola cold-turkey about 2-months ago... and after two weeks of horrible caffeine withdrawals (headaches, stomach upset, irritability), I'm free of caffeine now too :)  Because of that, however, I have increased my water intake to over a gallon daily (still partake in the occasional adult beverage, single glass of tea in a restaurant, and ONE cola per week, if I've been a good boy, lol).  The doctor says my blood-work has improved greatly, although it wasn't anything bad before... and my kidney and liver function has increased efficiency as well (based on blood-work).  I've also lost 10-lbs of water-weight (over a gallon of retained water), even though I'm drinking that much daily!

Caffeine is not a bad thing, but when you are taking in as much daily as I was... it can reduce function/efficiency of your kidneys, liver, pancreas, gall-bladder, and can/will cause restrictions in blood vessels (causing swelling in ankles/feet/mid-section due to water retention to combat the excess caffeine).  Caffeine increases your heart-rate, and because of capillary restriction, it can even affect your eye-sight...

Caffeine is addictive, yes, and the more you have, the more your body needs to sustain the effect.  Everything in moderation... :)

Edited by Earthling789

Honestly  easy enough to buy liquid  caffeine  and it does mix  well with e liquid, the end caffeine result  isn't  worth much, can't make the mix strong enough for the caffeine  to be of any use. Plus the whole issue of not being processed  well by the lungs. I gave up the experiment .  

Honestly  easy enough to buy liquid  caffeine  and it does mix  well with e liquid, the end caffeine result  isn't  worth much, can't make the mix strong enough for the caffeine  to be of any use. Plus the whole issue of not being processed  well by the lungs. I gave up the experiment .  

Hi Kit :)

Well put Kit... at max strength (for e-liquid), before the nasty Caffeine taste took over... you'd get the equivalent of a 1/6 cup of coffee or two good drinks of cola... in three ML of e-liquid... which means it is not worth the effort to put it in.  Just enjoy your Caffeine in coffee, tea, or cola... and enjoy your flavors and Nicotine in your vape! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dr. Donald Hensrud, the director of the Mayo Clinic’s Healthy Living Program describes them as ‘next in line on the spectrum’ after ‘your five-Hour Energy drinks’, indicating caffeine vaping is more of a substitute for energy drinks than it is for smoking. The vaporisers do work exactly like an e-cigarette though; they use heat to convert the ingredients into vapour, which is then inhaled through the lungs. Caffeine vapers release 2 milligrams of caffeine per inhalation, which is less than your average cup of Americano, but all those inhalations add up to a considerable caffeine hit.

• 6 years later...
On 5/4/2022 at 7:49 AM, Debs Caiozzo said:

I don't think it's possible to substitute caffeine instead for nicotine because it doesn't make sense. There are liquids in which caffeine is simply added, but there is also nicotine. I don't understand the point of vaping liquid without nicotine at all. If you are vaping liquid without nicotine, you don't get any pleasure from it... Of course, I advise you to look at a liquid with caffeine content on this site -- https://www.thevapecig.co.uk/e-liquid.html. Maybe you will find something unusual here because I often met on this site different unusual liquids with the addition of, for example, CBD and THG.

Edited by Debs Caiozzo

• 2 months later...

In addition to my answer above, I never liked caffeine-flavored e-liquids. For me, this flavor is too easy and gets boring pretty quickly. At the moment, my favorite eliquid flavor is litchi ice. Quite an unusual flavor that not only surprises me with a variety of flavors, but also a nice coolness in the mouth. Although there is one vape liquid with coffee flavor that I still like a little bit, I'm talking about coffee-tobacco. Quite an interesting combination, but not everyone will like it.

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2015 at 9:33 PM, FXRich said:

Don't know about other suppliers but Flavor West sells both crystal and liquid caffeine, they recommend not over 4.24mg per ml. Never tried it, and have no reason to, I enjoy drinking my caffeine in coffee form.  

Cola-Cola for me 😎 lol