Addicted?

About the same as smoking... just more regularly but with less nicotine per inhale. Took me a bit to learn how to vape correctly, most smokers will get the nicotine % wrong at first...I think 0.6% or 0.8% is the correct % for most smokers, even heavy ones.

Edited by cesar
form

I vape more than when I smoked. Probably because a analog only lasts so long but a e-cig lasts until the juice is gone, which can be a long time depending on the tank size.

Welcome to VT, Sarah!

Nicotine-wise... I'm getting less and less, than when I smoked, and I'm not letting my juice burn up in an ashtray, nor do I miss the smell or taste of smoking :)  Vaping is also CHEAPER, as well as less-harmful than burning plants and sucking toxins into your body!

The nice thing about vaping is that I can go many long hours without a "hit", compared to smoking, which was one after another...

For me, now, it's less about cessation (been well over a year since I last smoked an analog), and more about the flavor and the hobby of it.  Yes, I still get my nicotine, but probably about 2-3 analog's worth of nicotine daily?  I could probably go 0-mg nic, but I don't bother... because nicotine is not the cancer-causing ingredient that gov't wants you to think it is.  Caffeine, sugar, nicotine, etc... all in moderation, lol

As for what is "normal" for most people... that is subjective... I was a heavy smoker, and 1.8% (18mg/ml) was the key to breaking me away from analogs.  For some people, 12mg will do it, for some, 24mg or higher is necessary.  Most of us tend to settle somewhere between 6mg and 18mg for our daily vaping... but it also depends on the rig you're using (tank, RTA, RDA, cartomizer, etc), and how often you take a drag...  Chain vapers will go lower nicotine levels... those that take a hit every few hours may use much higher Nic levels, but I guess if you look at daily intake, most are in the 6-18mg levels?

My eliquid is either, 18, 24, or 36mg, not sure if thats good or bad?? I defiantly agree with not missing smoking... when i smell it on other people i think it smells horific! 

I can't go hours without my ecig though... i can barely put it down lol..

My eliquid is either, 18, 24, or 36mg, not sure if thats good or bad?? I defiantly agree with not missing smoking... when i smell it on other people i think it smells horific! 

I can't go hours without my ecig though... i can barely put it down lol..

It is the way vaping works, is more of a constant dosage than one big dosage as you do with cigarettes... That is why I use low nicotine, so I can vape more regularly without worrying about overdosing. If you enjoying constant vaping, lower the nicotine %.

I smoked Marlboro reds from the age of 15 to 31.  I quit cold turkey March 17, 2000.  I found it to be the easiest thing to do once I was convinced I needed to quit.

I was totally off them for 2 years and had a knack for something but I knew it wasn't a cigarette.  I picked up a Fuente 858 at a cigar shop and it was like heaven.  With good cigars you don't inhale them.  So I was after that flavor which I never got from the 'licking the bottom of an ashtray' cigarette taste.  I smoked Cigars from 2002 until November of last year in a decision to stop because my wife decided to quit smoking cigarettes and she started vaping. 

I started on 12 mic but when I started I wasn't getting the flavor, I was smoking the ecig like a cigar and the FLAVOR comes from inhaling the vapor.  It's a combination of your taste buds, throat, nose, lungs and sinuses. So I started inhaling vapor and couldn't handle it. Coughed and gaged like crazy.  So I started using 0 mic and all was good until I realized that even though I wasn't inhaling cigar smoke I was getting nicotine through my mouth.  I started getting cranky and upped my dosage of nic to 3 and all was good after a week.

So yes, I agree that I think people tend to over nic in the beginning because 50% or so of cigarette addiction is mental.  As for vaping being addictive it's as addictive as anything else IMO.  I do vape more than I ever did when I smoke cigarettes but I vape for the flavor not the lung hit I got when I smoked.  I vape as much as I smoked cigars because I could make a 60x6 Cigar last for hours.  I do tend to notice I'm looking for my mod if I've been without it or put it down but I think it's more the hand and mouth routine, like driving a stck shift all the time and when you drive an automatic your left leg is looking for the clutch.