Throat burning & tightness of chest from e liquid

I have read all the forums and still don't have a solution. I am not new to vaping either. I have an Aspire CF Sub Ohm with a 2000 mah battery running at 4.2V. I bought a 15 ML bottle of Indulge vanilla with 3 MG of nic. Absolutely loved it. I wanted a different flavor with a bigger bottle. So I bought some Vaporfi Pixy Stix and Grape. It's a 30 ML bottle with 6 MG of nic. It has 70% PG/30%VG. But now when I take a bigger pull, it burns my throat and chest, makes me cough, and shortens my breath. I was thinking it was the nic but isn't 6 MG in a 30 ML bottle the same as 3 MG in a 15 ML bottle? It could be the blend but Indulge was the same and it didn't bother me at all. I need some help here.

Edited by ColtonHodge

What FXRich said.  The mg nic is mg PER OUNCE, not total per bottle.  Were you a smoker before?  And, just curious, where were you able to find a seller that sells 3 mg of nic? Is it a brick and mortar ship that just mixed up between a 6 mg and 0 nic bottle?  If that's the way they did it, it may not have been mixed well, and in that first bottle, you may have gotten more, or less nic than the 3, since, unless they sell 7.5 ml bottles, they would have had to split a 15 ml bottle of each strength.  (this is in regards to your first bottle about the 3 mg).  But more to the point, what you are experiencing COULD be from doubling your nic intake - although that usually results in a "head rush", or dizziness, and nausea rather than burning in your throat and shortness of breath.

It's per ml, not per ounce. 

A bottle marked with 6mg is 6mg nic per ml.

And the higher nic could be contributing to your sensation as well. Especially if your wicking can't keep up with the higher flow rate needed with pg.

Vaping isn't the same as smoking... when you smoke you have about 6 or 7 inhales per cigarette, maybe once every hour. With vaping you inhale a lot more often, maybe about 20 or 30 times every hour..keep that in mind when choosing the nicotine %. Less is better.

Vaping isn't the same as smoking... when you smoke you have about 6 or 7 inhales per cigarette, maybe once every hour. With vaping you inhale a lot more often, maybe about 20 or 30 times every hour..keep that in mind when choosing the nicotine %. Less is better.

​Really I was just the opposite

​Really I was just the opposite

​I thought that too myself ..until I realise that I was inhaling vapour every 10 minutes about 3 times each time, and that was making me feel sick.... I had no problems since I went to a lower %.

Thanks guys I have my answer! I thought the nic was measured per bottle. I am not and have never been a smoker, but I vape for fun. I like the smallest bit of nic because it makes me feel good. Im pretty sensitive to nic and I'm sure the sensation was from doubling the nic. Is there any way to dilute the amount of nic?

​Oh, I had a lot more than six or 7 hits on a cigarette.  Unless I was preoccupied, like gaming, or reading.  I, well, smoked it, I didn't let it sit and burn.

Thanks guys I have my answer! I thought the nic was measured per bottle. I am not and have never been a smoker, but I vape for fun. I like the smallest bit of nic because it makes me feel good. Im pretty sensitive to nic and I'm sure the sensation was from doubling the nic. Is there any way to dilute the amount of nic?

​If you've never been a smoker, I won't knock you for having juice with Nicotine, but I have to ask, "Why?". 

If you are sensitive to Nicotine, as suggested, buy the same flavor in 0-nic and mix the two  1:1... that will give you 3 mg Nicotine.  I would suggest that you don't go any higher than that, AND if you're going to sub-ohm, you may think about mixing even more 0-nic, say 3:1 to get to 1 mg nicotine... or just use the zero??  Nicotine is absorbed MUCH faster by the body when it is hotter, which is why when sub-ohming, most of us use 0-6mg Nic levels, even though we'd vape 12-24 mg in a non-sub-ohm tank.

​If you've never been a smoker, I won't knock you for having juice with Nicotine, but I have to ask, "Why?". 

If you are sensitive to Nicotine, as suggested, buy the same flavor in 0-nic and mix the two  1:1... that will give you 3 mg Nicotine.  I would suggest that you don't go any higher than that, AND if you're going to sub-ohm, you may think about mixing even more 0-nic, say 3:1 to get to 1 mg nicotine... or just use the zero??  Nicotine is absorbed MUCH faster by the body when it is hotter, which is why when sub-ohming, most of us use 0-6mg Nic levels, even though we'd vape 12-24 mg in a non-sub-ohm tank.

I used to buy 0 mg and it just felt like air and nothing else. I tried some 3 mg and it was perfect for me. It added a bit of an edge to the experience. I am fairly nicotine sensitive and the 3 mg at sub ohm was perfect for me. 

Your answer is 26ml. That will cut your nic in half.  But don't be surprised if it's unvapable. I suspect it will be vg heavy and taste like it. Just my opinion. You're better off mixing 26ml of same flavor at 0mg.

Or, you could add a flavoring that was compatible and Frankenstein a flavor together. Just make sure your total volume is no more than 26ml that you'll be adding to your juice.

I should clarify. Add about 20ml of vg and 6ml of your flavoring as a ball park guess....

Thanks for the information. You're right the VG is rather heavy, almost syrupy. I'll probably just try to find a compatible flavor and see how that works. 

• 2 weeks later...