Can you fix the Sigelei 50w V2 Low Res Warning?

MrBoots

So I'm new to vaping... And against my better judgement jumped in fairly blindly to the whole thing... I didn't know much about it then... and I bearly know any more than I do now. I currently own a Sigelei 50w V2 box mod with a Mutation V4 atomizer... Picked out for me by my local Vape Shop. They built the coil... put in the cotton and even offered to rebuild the coils for me for free at any time. And up until now, it worked great.

I was out one day and was going at the vape fairly heavily, until the battery died... I got home, let it sit on the charger a while before taking it off and turning it back on and I'm being told that there is too low resistance on it's little screen. While I understand the concept of the resistance guard and am even happy that that feature is included... I've inspected the coils and they seem fine... I can't figure out why it's acting this way. Did I do something wrong? Am I not understanding the concept? Can I fix this without having to walk three miles to have it looked at?

Check the screws on the coil posts are not loose

check the pin on the top of your device and the pin on your tank. Make sure clean and good contact

make sure coil is not contacting deck any other irregularities 

you have a short somewhere. It is not safe to fire it. I wouldn't even charge it.  Get it checked out before using it. I'm not tha familiar with the Segelei but if you are not sure or not inclined towards mechanical repair, don't mess with it.  :)

Bebop is right, you have a coil failure or a short... it could be a simple loose screw on your posts, but since you have no experience, I agree that it would be best to have it looked at by someone more knowledgeable and experienced.  Your Sigelei has safeguards for a reason, and it appears to be working perfectly... to keep you from blowing up your battery and injuring yourself or others around you!

I've inspected the coils and they seem fine...

​You really can't go by just looking at the coils alone. There could be a short like Bebop and Earthling said (more than likely there is a short), and that wouldn't be visible to the naked eye. Since you're new to vaping, I would also advise you to take it back to the store you bought it at and have them troubleshoot it for you.

In my opinion, they should've set you up with a simpler tank and coil system, more a plug and play kind of thing to get you started like a Kanger Pro Tank 2 or 3, Aerotank 2, or Anyvape Davide. This one that they sold you is for more advanced users.

In my opinion, they should've set you up with a simpler tank and coil system, more a plug and play kind of thing to get you started like a Kanger Pro Tank 2 or 3, Aerotank 2, or Anyvape Davide. This one that they sold you is for more advanced users.

​I can't agree more!

Thanks guys, I thought it might have been a less than serious issue! I'll head down to the shop and see what they have to say!

To be honest, I also think that they might have set me up with something simpler, but as I had explained my position of being a first time Vaper, I assumed they would choose the right starting Mod and Atomizer for me.

Thanks guys, I thought it might have been a less than serious issue! I'll head down to the shop and see what they have to say!

To be honest, I also think that they might have set me up with something simpler, but as I had explained my position of being a first time Vaper, I assumed they would choose the right starting Mod and Atomizer for me.

​They're into what they can sell. All too often, it's not about what's best for the customer. When you do find a store that really takes into consideration what the customer really needs, it's pretty rare but a precious find.

When you go back to the store, see about maybe getting a Kanger Pro Tank 2, an air flow controller, and some 1.8 ohm coils. I think you'll be happier with the much simpler set up until you're ready for something more advanced.  :)

ETA: And while you're there, think hard about getting a back up. It doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive, just a stick battery like a Vision Spinner (the first one, not the version 2), a charging cord and AC adapter, and some more tanks. You can never have too many back ups. That's what keeps you from going back to the analogs.

Edited by Tam