Let's Talk Temp Control

Bebop

Hey Cany that is one very clean build. Heck dude that makes mine look sloppy. I can't find any fault with that build at all. I wouldn't mind the drop in the ohm. Mine all fluctuate a bit.

Thanks Dragon ......Wife was out so I could actually focus and take my time building it

Coming in at 0.13 ohm 24W 420 so far so good  Comments on whats wrong strongly appreciated

I don't see a thing wrong with that!  It looks great!

2 HRS OF VAPING ITs @O.11 NOW

Mine do that too.  I even get that on factory Ni200 coils.  The one I am vaping now in the SubTank Mini was a .15 when i started and it is .13 now.

Hey Cany that is one very clean build. Heck dude that makes mine look sloppy. I can't find any fault with that build at all.

I agree with DragonGunner.  I have not been able to make a decent coil lately.  I broke the SauceCode's RBA, but I have a new one, and one for a Triton on the way.  I may make another attempt tonight.

I am still diggin' TC.

this morning I was vaping away and I wasn't quite getting the vapor I was expecting. As I was taking apart the STmini I was thinking 'when did I rebuild this last?'.  I couldn't remember, lol.  It's literally been that long. This thing has been chugging away for weeks and weeks. 

No surprise, the coil showed some gunk, more so than usual but I have been vamping tank after tank of one of my sweeter darker juices in it.  I pulled it apart, the wick easily slid out of the coil. I brushed off the crud.  I wasn't in a place where I could build a new coil. It cleaned up pretty well, not perfect but nicely. Threw a fresh wad of cotton in her and reloaded. Bam, good as new. Fresh taste, great vapor. Back in business in a couple minutes. 

I'm still really impressed with the performance of these coils. Usually, you know, you vape a week and you gotta rebuild. I'll probably let this one go another while then maybe put in a new coil in a week or two, if I get ambitious, lol. Might even try one of those verticals. 'Course, I will be getting my new RBA bases here pretty soon so I'm sure I'll build 'em up right away.

i have no complaints about TC.

I hear ya', Bebop. I dig TC, too. I've been vaping my ADV in an eGo ONE 1.8ml tank with the same wick and coil in it for over a month now (trying to see how long I can actually vape on it before it starts tasting bad) and it still tastes and performs great. I can't even tell you how many times I've completely drained the tank by accident, but I never once got a throat-burning dry hit.  Amazing. :yes

Edited by Rixter

Dry hit?  What's that? :lol:

I just checked based on my old posts the last time I built a new coil was July 3rd. And that coil is not the one I re wicked this morning.  So this coil went a minimum of 5 weeks and probably more like 6 weeks before I changed the wick.  The only thing I noticed was a slight drop in vapor and flavor, nothing like a burnt taste or a fail.  :)

So true. Since I bought a cordless drill I've been vaping with a kanthal clapton coil until yesterday. I put in a new vertical coil and my first thought was, "Damn this tastes so much better". Now to figure out the perfect combo for a ni200 clapton. I made one several days ago but couldn't get enough wraps. Being that claptons are so thick I would have needed a lot more coils than would fit in my subtank mini specially if I spaced the coils. I'll figure it out though.

So true. Since I bought a cordless drill I've been vaping with a kanthal clapton coil until yesterday. I put in a new vertical coil and my first thought was, "Damn this tastes so much better". Now to figure out the perfect combo for a ni200 clapton. I made one several days ago but couldn't get enough wraps. Being that claptons are so thick I would have needed a lot more coils than would fit in my subtank mini specially if I spaced the coils. I'll figure it out though.

just a though, but if you used kanthal on the outside with the ni200 core, if you could get the kantal glow it would form an oxidation layer and you could compress it until touching.

Of course I have never tried this.  In fact, I have never made clapton wire, yet.  I have just been thinking about this.  Ni200 really is limiting in that you must build such a big coil.  I have not had the patience lately so I have gone back to factory coils.  I attemped a vertical Ni200 coil tonight in my new Triton RBA and I got frustrated after the first attempt to put the wick in.  I still don't even know if it will fit my tank (SauceCode)...lol

I put a vertical coil in one of my subtank minis, I used a 4mm id coil and packed cotton around it, I'm not familiar with the triton but could you try packing cotton around it instead of through it. 

I put a vertical coil in one of my subtank minis, I used a 4mm id coil and packed cotton around it, I'm not familiar with the triton but could you try packing cotton around it instead of through it. 

It is really different to build on.  One wire goes up, the other down.  I tried to stuff the cotton in after I put the coil in, this didn't work.  I think next time I will wrap the coil with cotton before I stick it into the the top.  I may have to try the vertical in the SubTank Mini.  I have not done it yet. 4mm would help to cut down on a wrap or 2.

Triton_RDA.thumb.jpg.19c0c1639383b919a6a

That does look different. That's what I like about the ST RBA its very easy to rebuild, not much different than a RDA, a bit smaller but still easy to rebuild. I figured the bigger the diameter of the coil the less wraps and a shorter coil, it seemed to work for me.

just a though, but if you used kanthal on the outside with the ni200 core, if you could get the kantal glow it would form an oxidation layer and you could compress it until touching.

Of course I have never tried this.  In fact, I have never made clapton wire, yet.  I have just been thinking about this.  Ni200 really is limiting in that you must build such a big coil.  I have not had the patience lately so I have gone back to factory coils.  I attemped a vertical Ni200 coil tonight in my new Triton RBA and I got frustrated after the first attempt to put the wick in.  I still don't even know if it will fit my tank (SauceCode)...lol

That's a cool idea. I will have to give that a try. In theory is sounds possible. I'll let you know. Thanks for the idea.

I tried this but I didn't keep the coil because I was thinking if the electricity takes the path of least resistance it would not matter if the kanthal glowed enough to pinch them, the ni200 would glow itself possibly oxidizing. Am I thinking correctly here or am I missing something. I'm one of those guys who has not been pulsing my ni200 coils for fear of oxidation. I put them in and don't fire them off until a fully saturated wick is in them. Sissy me right?

I tried this but I didn't keep the coil because I was thinking if the electricity takes the path of least resistance it would not matter if the kanthal glowed enough to pinch them, the ni200 would glow itself possibly oxidizing. Am I thinking correctly here or am I missing something. I'm one of those guys who has not been pulsing my ni200 coils for fear of oxidation. I put them in and don't fire them off until a fully saturated wick is in them. Sissy me right?

If you are a sissy, so am I!  I don't fire my Ni200 coils either.  I still do Kanthal, but not Ni200.

I think you are correct.  I guess sometimes I don't think things through!

Quick question. Do any of you have or have you tried the Marquis or the Velocity RDA's with ni200? I really want the Velocity (no clone as it seems it would be very suitable for ni200 builds) but I can't find it in stock anywhere but the Marquis (no clone) is pretty readily available and that seems just as easy to build a dual coil ni200 coil. Oh and if anyone finds an original Velocity for sale someplace please let me know.

I will keep an eye out.

I am getting ready to do a Ni build on my Doge X2. I've had an awesome K build on it that I havent wanted to disturb bit its time now. Tomorrow ive got some free time to mess with it.  

I will keep an eye out.

I am getting ready to do a Ni build on my Doge X2. I've had an awesome K build on it that I havent wanted to disturb bit its time now. Tomorrow ive got some free time to mess with it.  

Thanks bro. Good luck on the build.

Quick question. Do any of you have or have you tried the Marquis or the Velocity RDA's with ni200? I really want the Velocity (no clone as it seems it would be very suitable for ni200 builds) but I can't find it in stock anywhere but the Marquis (no clone) is pretty readily available and that seems just as easy to build a dual coil ni200 coil. Oh and if anyone finds an original Velocity for sale someplace please let me know.

It is hard to find authentic Velocity so I opted for Tobecco clone while waiting for the original to pop up. It is very easy to build TC coils on it with their simple but innovative dual-post design. It is very airy though. I will be re-visiting them this weekend as I am waiting for replacement post screws. The hex screw heads strips very easily.

Marquis is  a much different RDA though. It is more restrictive draw - perfect for mouth-to-lung pulls similar to magma or ology rdas.

I have a Velocity clone and I love it.  I have only done 1 build on it.  Here it is:

TempCoilonVelocity.thumb.jpg.2912f7cddde

The airflow is amazing, in fact a little too much for me.  I took the built in drip tip off and use the adaptor, and a standard drip tip.  I only open the lower holes on the airflow and it is plenty for me.  I love the build deck.  I think all RTAs and RDAs should be made this way.

I have a Velocity clone and I love it.  I have only done 1 build on it.  Here it is:

TempCoilonVelocity.thumb.jpg.2912f7cddde

The airflow is amazing, in fact a little too much for me.  I took the built in drip tip off and use the adaptor, and a standard drip tip.  I only open the lower holes on the airflow and it is plenty for me.  I love the build deck.  I think all RTAs and RDAs should be made this way.

Sweet. Ya I'm not a fan of that huge drip tip. Is that the Tobeco clone? I read some folks had issues with the screws cutting the leads with Kanthal let alone ni200. Did you change out the screws or have that issue?

Woohoo!!! Avid Vaper just got some velocity RDA's in stock. I've been checking the website daily for 3 weeks and today they must have gotten some in. I was able to place my order successfully. Awesome! Now the long wait. It will arrive at my home address in the US. Then get sent to a friend on home leave who will bring it to Iraq for me. I tell you guys what this is a whole new kind of snail mail (but mail none the less). I should get it sometime mid September.