My New Favorite Zephyrus by UD

DragonGunner

For the last week I have been using the new sub ohm tank the Zephyrus by UD. I can honestly say I think I have found my new favorite. For any of you who know me or have read any of my posts, you will know that I am a huge single coil RTA fan. From the Russian 91% to the Lemo and the Kanger sub ohm tank (rebuild deck). I love me some single coil RTA's. This new Zephyrus sub ohm tank comes with a killer rba base. I has 4 huge 3mm air holes on the deck itself. Now it is a dual coil setup which I usually do not prefer, however this base is large enough (larger than the Orchid V4 base) and is very easy to build on. That all said I love the flavor. I find the flavor on this RTA (obviously using the rebuild deck) much better than all of my other RTA's. I'm not a huge cloud chaser but this thing really puts out the vapor. The .3 ohm head that came with the package was nice as well, but this tank shines with its rebuildable section. Plus its pretty cheap $25-$35 depending where you buy it.

I encourage all RTA fans out there to give this tank a shot. I do not think that you will be disappointed.

http://vapenw.com/zephyrus-sub-ohm-tank-by-youde

Really impressed with this tank design as well.  I will definitely check this out. I like a couple things about it. The simplified airflow design. And also the deck looks easy to build on.  If it tastes a s good as it looks, I'm in.

love VAPENW too, btw. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite suppliers.

I've been told that tank has great flavor and hits like a beast...I'm torn between getting one of those or a billow v2.

​I think the Billow 2 has a longer chimney neck. Reviews of RTA's have shown that the shorter the chimney neck the better the flavor (of course taste is always subjective).

Really impressed with this tank design as well.  I will definitely check this out. I like a couple things about it. The simplified airflow design. And also the deck looks easy to build on.  If it tastes a s good as it looks, I'm in.

love VAPENW too, btw. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite suppliers.

​I love the fact that it has a top fill and it actually works great. I've had no leaks from filling. The deck is really easy to build on, however the tank is a juice gobbler.

I just got one in my vape box. it leaks pretty bad using the prebuilt .3ohm coil but the flavor is very good imho.

Sry to hear about your leaking issue. To date I've had no leaking what so ever, even with the stock coil., but dang that flavor is spot on eh?

​I love the fact that it has a top fill and it actually works great. I've had no leaks from filling. The deck is really easy to build on, however the tank is a juice gobbler.

^^Tell me about it! It's a 5ml capacity tank and I'm filling it from damn near empty at least 3x/day. 

I just got one in my vape box. it leaks pretty bad using the prebuilt .3ohm coil but the flavor is very good imho.

I'm also having leaking issues, but mine is leaking when using the RBA deck. One thing for you to try and close the airflow off all the way when refilling it from the top. I've been reading this is an easy fix for leaking issues.

Hahaha. This tank is definitely not a chain vapers (like me)  dream. I also find myself topping mine off all the time. But if it becomes too much of an issue I can always up my ohms a bit. 

Ya they do say airflow should be closed, but I fill it up both ways, closed and open and still no leaking problems. Perhaps it's a wicking issue? I don't know I'm just reaching for straws here because I'm sure you both are experienced builders. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a good RTA/clearo for my dad, but he hasn't really taken to any of my offerings because he feels like they don't provide enough airflow resistance (too airy) for his mouth-to-lung style of vaping. My eGo One tank can by adjusted for the airflow restriction that suits him, but it's not a top-fill design so it's not as easy to top off.

Does the Zephyrus provide a decent restricted airflow setting for puffers as well as one for the openness that chuckers prefer?

Edited by Rixter

I've been looking for a good RTA/clearo for my dad, but he hasn't really taken to any of my offerings because he feels like they don't provide enough airflow resistance (too airy) for his mouth-to-lung style of vaping. My eGo One tank can by adjusted for the airflow restriction that suits him, but it's not a top-fill design so it's not as easy to top off.

Does the Zephyrus provide a decent restricted airflow setting for puffers as well as one for the openness that chuckers prefer?

Yep. It has adjustable airflow all the way down to mouth to lung inhales or open enough for the chuckers. :)