Think I just messed up my mod

Trying to do a build on a RDA and think I fried my heatvape 36W Defender. Still powers on, reading all my tank coils wrong and the voltage seems messed up. Is this fried or do I have a shot at correcting the problem. Lesson learned, now I just want my mod to work again 

Tried to make a RDA The coil looked fine at first was reading at .4 and it fired fine did the other coil and it all went messed up from there. now it is reading crazy on my kanger and innokin tanks and cant get it to fire, it powered back on. I had to of fried it

Like most electronics it has memory and taking the battery out should reset it if it is volatile memory like the ram on a computer.

Edited by Compenstine
Good point I did n't know it was built in.

Oh well. :) Just thought if the case was good I could use the parts . It really sucks to down be a favorite MOD let alone your only one. :/ Tam will be in to scold you for not having a back up though. :blink:

Edited by Compenstine

We don't know if this was his only mod but he has other back ups like an eGo battery or two so I'll hold off on the scolding. I may, however, be back to begin the chorus of the back up song if I'm wrong by giving him benefit of doubt.  :lol:

Did your mod come with instructions? On the manufacturer website it has a manual, it specifically says not to tamper with the device because it will void the warranty. You could have contacted the store you bought it from and either had it repaired or replaced. Never open a mod that has an internal battery! Especially if you know the battery still has some charge left in it.

That specific model is supposed to have a safety feature that shuts itself down when there is a short. From what you described, the mod did not shut down and reset. Instead it broke the micro processor inside.

Sorry if this sounds like a scolding or I told you so. You learned a lesson and I am hoping that others will learn from this and not open sealed mods!