Are rebuilds going to be dead?

Talk it out, whats everyone think? These mod box battery's, temp control, new coils, lower sub ohm capability. Are the RBA/RDA going to be a thing of the past? Thing's are coming out to fast. These company's are after every extra penny we got this year lol 

Whats everyone's thoughts? 

With a rebuildable, you get what you want, opposed to what the manufacturers want you to have.

For example, I prefer my RTA builds at 1.4 Ohm, and my RDA at 0.9 Ohm or 0.75 Ohm... cookie-cutter, mass-production builds don't hit what I want, and it seems the sub-ohm tank craze thinks everyone wants 0.2, 0.3, or 0.5 Ohm builds.  I've seen 0.8 Ohm cartridge coils, but from there, you get 1.0 or 1.2...  I've nothing against the cookie-cutter builds, per-se, but but I want full control sometimes... and my builds seem to last longer, too.

Rebuildables also allow us to configure the cotton (or whatever you're using) the way we like it, not a specified diameter, length, quality, etc.

I will pile on.  I am going to try my hardest not to buy a tank that does not include an RBA.  I love the Subtank mini.  I have been really tempted to buy an Atlantis 2, but keep talking my self out of it.  My current all day vape is a Lemo2.  I don't really use the RDAs anymore, but I would still like to have a freakshow mini.

I will say that they are not building many tanks like I want.  I tried a Kayfun 4 the other day, and it is a bit restrictive, and most open airflow tanks that are coming out are dual coil.  I don't like them as much as the single.  The build deck is too small to use the wire I want and stay in the ohm range I like.

I prefer to build my own coils the way I want with the wick whichever way I want it in my RDAs. I think there's a place for every type of configuration, it just depends on what you want. Just like everything else with vaping... it's all subjective.  :)

I like my RDA's but due to the activeness in our shop its much quicker ta get my Atlantis in/out of holster & get a toot & go on to next tube..

I guess my nickname at work should be Wyatt Vearp????

RDA's will NEVER go away!!!

For selfish reasons I hope people continue the move to premade setups,

that way the RBA's I want might come down in price.lol

Sitting here with a fresh 1.1 ohm coil, with the perfect amount of cotton,

in my favorite Russian 91, atop my Nemesis.  Ah, to always be one step behind. 

Pure Joy...

I bought a subohm tank a few weeks ago only to find out a couple of days ago that the coils are no longer available. Imagine spending 30-40 dollars on a tank that you really like and coils no longer being available. I'm swearing off buying anything else that doesn't have a rebuildable base. I can build my Freakshow to get me about 30 minutes of vaping without redripping. So far I haven't seen a rebuildable tank that gives me what I want. I'm seriously considering taking an RDA and this tank I have to a machine shop and trying to come up with something.

Edited by gag8tor

I bought a subohm tank a few weeks ago only to find out a couple of days ago that the coils are no longer available. Imagine spending 30-40 dollars on a tank that you really like and coils no longer being available. I'm swearing off buying anything else that doesn't have a rebuildable base. I can build my Freakshow to get me about 30 minutes of vaping without redripping. So far I haven't seen a rebuildable tank that gives me what I want. I'm seriously considering taking an RDA and this tank I have to a machine shop and trying to come up with something.

If you do, post it.  Im sure people like me would buy it....

Horizon Scion. It's the predecessor to the Arctic. I was suckered into it. I think I've found a source for coils and I think the Spartan coils will work with it but I want the. 6 ohm coils that came with it.

Edited by gag8tor

They don't look like they are much different than a Aspire coil head. I wouldn't give up your idea of machining a fix. If it were me and had the ability, I would make a rebuildable replacement head for it that just replaces the old coil head. You have to know your not the only one that will have this issue. Or convert an old head to make it rebuildable.

• 2 weeks later...

No way, there will always be rebuildables. I think when the FDA gets done the rebuildables will more in demand than the others because of cost.

​Have you seen some of the State sponsored legislation regarding vaping? OMG!  I think it's Washington or Utah that is proposing a 65% tax on all vape related items....WHAT!  I guess the message is, "Keep smoking, our budget depends on it".

Edited by Mplough

With a rebuildable, you get what you want, opposed to what the manufacturers want you to have.

For example, I prefer my RTA builds at 1.4 Ohm, and my RDA at 0.9 Ohm or 0.75 Ohm... cookie-cutter, mass-production builds don't hit what I want, and it seems the sub-ohm tank craze thinks everyone wants 0.2, 0.3, or 0.5 Ohm builds.  I've seen 0.8 Ohm cartridge coils, but from there, you get 1.0 or 1.2...  I've nothing against the cookie-cutter builds, per-se, but but I want full control sometimes... and my builds seem to last longer, too.

Rebuildables also allow us to configure the cotton (or whatever you're using) the way we like it, not a specified diameter, length, quality, etc

Perfectly put! 

• 5 weeks later...

Coil cost and availability of getting them is a big factor. Some coils are up to $5 in shops and I rewick/coil every other day.

Once I got onto the Kayfuns and the Russion I quit looking for new hardware. I like 26 ga. and mineral wicks and big tanks - I have it just the way I like it.

No more factory wicks/coils for me.

I rebuild my KPT coils, recently I bought a subtank mini kit, I ordered 4 extra RBA heads, and a extra tank, and today ordered another subtank kit I couldn't pass up the $49.90 price tag. So right now I have a subtank mini kit two more kits on the way and a extra tank. I should be set for awhile, and its all rebuilbable. Not sure if vaping is cheaper than smoking.