VG and Diabetics

BFD

Im a type 1 diabetic which means i require insulin shots and ive read that vg can affect blood sugar levels,does anyone know if there is any truth to this claim?I haven't noticed an increase in my own levels yet but i also dont check my blood sugar levels as often as i should.

I'm type 2. Yes it can affect it, but everyone is different in this. I had friends that were also Type 2 and it would spike them instantly, others (including myself) see very little spike. Best thing you can do is keep good track of your levels after vaping and see how your body reacts. Also talk to your Dr about it. VG is used as a sweetener substitute for diabetics, but that is ingesting it. Im not a Doctor nor have I ever played one on TV, but in my opinion that when vaping it allows it to get into blood faster and there for causing the high spikes in some diabetics.

Type 2 Diabetic for 4-5 years I check my sugar 4 times daily sometimes more, been using higher VG liquids and I can say that I have not noticed any sugar jumps. The thing is this if you vape after you eat then check your sugar a hour later your sugar level will be high no matter what. 

I did hear this before and I have heard it torn up in other forums. Everyone's body is different though and this is one messed up disease to have, I hate it. 

That being said, I recently stopped my meds (few weeks ago) that I was having terrible reactions to and decided to see what I can do on my own to control my own sugar. For real if I have the smallest amount of carbs and I do not work it off my sugar shoots high. 9-14 grams of carbs can do it. 

I think since my sugar can bounce with anything now I would be a good Test subject for this, I will do it fasting in the morning or 3 hours after my last meal of the day. I will do a pre vape sugar and then after vape, 20min after vape, 40 min after vape and I will post the results in this thread it will be a good experiment. 

Edited by Vapor Guy

I control mine with diet, I got very lucky and it was detected vary early. I have not had to take any meds for at least 8 years now. I keep a close eye on it though because there is a time (so I'm told) that controlling it with diet alone my not work anymore.

I control mine with diet, I got very lucky and it was detected vary early. I have not had to take any meds for at least 8 years now. I keep a close eye on it though because there is a time (so I'm told) that controlling it with diet alone my not work anymore.

Hard to control with just Diet, Exercise is key. If I eat carbs it shots my sugar high. If I eat carbs and go rip it up at the gym, my sugar is amazing, almost low lol

Hope that doesn't happen to you but trust me when i tell ya taking shots becomes just like brushing you teeth or any other routine ive beenon shots from the beginning about 33 years now since I was 8 years old (oops i just gave p my age),but anyway its no b ig deal.

My Dad went type 1 just before he passed. He couldn't stay away from the sugar though and the high carbs. The hard part about doing by diet alone is not drinking and staying away from any high carbs and sugars. Doing it with diet will only work if you can catch it early enough. It is not a silver bullet though.

The Test

I took a fasting sugar of 131 

I then decided to vape 70VG 30 PG Super Sweet Caramel Vape for a hour Straight, The only thing I allowed myself to do was drink a little water and coke zero in this time, no food or anything that would raise my sugar.

So I ripped clouds, held some vape in, swallowed some vape, and kept ripping clouds for a hour straight. This was not a normal session, this was me trying to over do it and fit in as much vape as I could.   

After Vape Sugar 136

So a 5 point difference, but here is where it gets strange. Myself as a diabetic if I wake up and do not eat for a hour my sugar would go up a little. If I didnt eat for two hours a 12 point raise in sugar without vaping is very normal. So is the 5 point jump me just needing food and needing to get moving around, or was it because I vaped? 

In Conclusion 

I believe that vaping high VG has very little or no effect on people who vape with diabetes.  You may draw your own conclusions, I am not a scientist or a doctor, my body may and probably does operate different then others. High VG and super sweet vape does not make that much of a difference in my sugar levels to do any damage. So if your sugar is high after you vape like 20-40 points or more ask yourself what did you eat a hour or a few hours ago for that high blood sugar raise. Hope this helps, starving now I need to go eat some food lol. 

My Dad went type 1 just before he passed. He couldn't stay away from the sugar though and the high carbs. The hard part about doing by diet alone is not drinking and staying away from any high carbs and sugars. Doing it with diet will only work if you can catch it early enough. It is not a silver bullet though.

Sorry about the loss of your Dad. May he Rest in piece. 

Edited by Vapor Guy