Journey to being a non smoker

Hey guys, I recently discovered vaping and I have ordered my first mod and I can't wait!! I have been smoking for 15 years and I am 29 Years old. For the last 4 years I have been saying I am going to stop, hopefully this is the answer...

Welcome! I am 30 and smoked for almost 15 years. I "quit" last september but have been 100% smoke free for almost 4 months. I havent craved one in a long time and feel so much better! Let us know if you need help with anything!

Welcome!  This is the only method that's worked for me, and I've got almost 50 years of Marlboro Reds under my belt, but been smoke free for 2 years.  With the right battery, tank and liquid you get to replace the throat hit, nicotine, and imitation smoke exhaled which is a huge part of the smoking addiction.  I just offer this 'beware' advice because I wish I'd known about it when I started vaping.  The FDA and congress made a big deal getting big tobacco to admit the addictive nature of nicotine but the FDA and congress were incredibly naive and stupid IMO.  They failed to get big tobacco to address the other addictive properties of tobacco which again IMO and experience are far more difficult to overcome than nicotine.  If nicotine was the real bad guy, we'd all be able to quit with nicotine patches and a fake cigarette for the hand to mouth habit.  It seldom works; most of us here have tried it again and again without result.  This works if you make yourself aware of the other sneaky cravings that are in tobacco.  It feels like they lace the cigs with things that work as bronchodilaters , steroids, narcotics just enough to make you want to keep smoking and not feel the effects until you've gone a bit without cigs, like a night's sleep and you wake up feeling all the damage that you've done.  Notice how bad your lungs feel when you wake, and how quickly they feel better with the first cigarette.  I mention these things because if you're aware of them you can know what you're feeling and be prepared.  Most here advise using higher nicotine levels when those cravings hit and I totally agree.  It does work for some reason.  However after two years, when for some reason I can't vape because of location or social issues, I don't miss it any more than I'd miss a second coffee.  I really don't think nicotine has any kind of hold on me compared to the other unknown additives to tobacco.   Best of luck to you,  It really works. And best of all, it's fun and you can still portray that bad boy image if you like that as I do without risking your health!  Win Win!