Help with RDA?

duke9023

I just bought my first RDA and am new to buidling...I got the HAZE RDA by Vapehead and for some reason the middle post in it where it has the two holes is rather loss is there a way to fix this?

Also the ohms jump up and down each and every time I fire it sometimes it fires up at .8 then it goes up 1 ohm and then back down to .7 its all over the place am i not building the coils right?

Edited by duke9023

And how do you suppose one goes about learning and understanding without actually having an RDA that they can play with and try to figure out how to use it? All the reading and watching YouTube tutorials in the world isn't going to help nobody until they actually have that first RDA in front of them and start putting it together ??

Edited by duke9023

I apologize if it seems like I came off as rude or being a smartass....I have watched videos and have an understanding....i was posting on here to get more help....ya know doing my research and instead of getting help i got told to put my rda away 

If your center post is loose, that's why your ohms are jumping up and down and not staying steady. This is not safe until you get the center post stable. Sorry to say that I'm not familiar with your RDA so I don't know how to tell you how to fix it. Maybe might take it back to where you bought it from? If it's like some of my RDAs, the center post is fixed so if one were loose, it would be considered broken.

In any case I wouldn't fire it with the center post loose like that. Better safe and all that.  :)

Yes, it takes practice. That's how we learn. At the same time, what Tug and Tam have both said is true.

I don't think Tug meant any offense. I have the luxury of an education surrounded around electrical engineering, so much of what Tug mentioned is second nature to me. To follow up on Tam's comment, it's entirely possible you simply have a bad atty with a defective insulator. Or you may literally have a screw loose (on the atty, not in your head).

For what it's worth, I can build all day long on my Mutation X or my Royal Hunter and be within 2 hundredths of an ohm of my goal. I won an igo W8 in a raffle the other night that I have no doubt I can build on. But for the life of me I can't get a decent 1 ohm coil on my LEMO. I have done 5 or 6 coils on the LEMO with the exact same results you have described. My solution? I cleaned it, put it in it's box and put it on my vape shelf in my mancave. I'm taking a breather from it for a few days and I'll tackle it again next weekend, after my frustrations are gone.

Sometimes you just need to take a step back, take a deep breath and clear your head. You'll get it. And that first successful build will be one of the most satisfying builds you will ever do.

Edited by Adversarious1

According to what I found the outside negative posts are milled in and should be solid. The center block positive post should have an insulator that is squared off to prevent spinning. You might have a bad insulator as adversarious1 says. It shouldn't be moving and if it is, I'd just take it back. I was able to find a couple guys saying theirs came shipped with lose posts. If in doubt just send it back or take it to a shop to see if they can repair it or if it's damaged.

Looks like a pretty decent RDA in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes you just need to take a step back, take a deep breath and clear your head. You'll get it. And that first successful build will be one of the most satisfying builds you will ever do.

And sometimes the best advice to follow can be your own.

I edited my own comment from a couple of weeks ago to shorten it, but part of it dealt with me having a helluva time getting a consistent coil on my Lemo. The ohms would jump all over the place. In frustration, I shelved it for a bit.

Well, I unshelved it last night and decided to troubleshoot the issue. Turns out the problem was a loose post [emoji15].

I tightened the post, built a coil and it fires consistently every time now.

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back and let your brain regroup. 😄