Teens getting high from ejuice

FXRich

I just seen on TV news where teens here in Oregon are putting ejuice in sodas to get high. In Oregon they haven't passed a law that stops minors from buying ecigs yet. Like that's going to stop them. I'm waiting for the day when a kid ODs on nicotine. They will blame vaping. 

The few times I've been in vape shops here I see signs posted NO SALES TO MINORS. But I have been in a few convenience stores, and gas stations that sell ejuice, and no signs. Trouble is I would not mind banning ecigs to minors, I'm in favor of it actually but they try to pass other stuff with it and it kills the whole thing. 

They're dripping high NIC e-liquids into things like Red Bull... high caffeine, and a Nicotine buzz... and the carbonated drink speeds it to your system, much the same reason people use Tonic, cola, or Soda water with alcohol... it speeds up the intoxication effect.

These are also the same "kids" that will huff paint or gasoline... looking for that cheap buzz.... and the reason I have to show ID to buy a can of Krylon these days... because as an adult, I'm not as likely to huff it or use it for graffiti... (in the infinite wisdom of our politicians).

If a kid wants anything they will find away to get it. Y I u always have an adult that's an idiot and tries to be "the cool" big kid there and then you have drunk kidd kids smoking and eventually kids vaping. Just a fee months ago here where I live a car full of drunk teens got in a wreck and one was paralyzed. [emoji22] [emoji36] [emoji27]

I just seen on TV news where teens here in Oregon are putting ejuice in sodas to get high. In Oregon they haven't passed a law that stops minors from buying ecigs yet. Like that's going to stop them. I'm waiting for the day when a kid ODs on nicotine. They will blame vaping.

They are drinking ejuice? I can't even stand to SubOhm nicotine higher than 12mg, and I smoked for 25 years.

They're dripping high NIC e-liquids into things like Red Bull... high caffeine, and a Nicotine buzz... and the carbonated drink speeds it to your system, much the same reason people use Tonic, cola, or Soda water with alcohol... it speeds up the intoxication effect.

These are also the same "kids" that will huff paint or gasoline... looking for that cheap buzz.... and the reason I have to show ID to buy a can of Krylon these days... because as an adult, I'm not as likely to huff it or use it for graffiti... (in the infinite wisdom of our politicians).

Kids can't order ejuice online without their parent's debit card; all they can do is keep minors out of B&Ms, like liquor stores. Crazy kids, that's not even a good buzz.

Some kids will do anything for a buzz, even if it might kill them. I have seen a recent report that says the average IQ in the US is slowly going down. Don't know if its true or not.

Wasn't it two years ago that kids were stealing refrigerant from A/C systems to get high? Little did they know they were just robbing themselves of oxygen and getting a high feeling.

And yet TV glamorizes drug use, but no TV show is being banned. Wonder where kids are learning these things?

Some kids will do anything for a buzz, even if it might kill them. I have seen a recent report that says the average IQ in the US is slowly going down. Don't know if its true or not.

It's not true, the average IQ in the US is not slowly going down. From what I see in basic skills test scores, it's happening very quickly.  :lol:

You are probably right Tam. I did some dumb things when I was a kid but the kids now got me beat.

The kids these days have a lot more help in doing bigger and faster dumb things. We didn't have these... advantages. I, for one, am very glad to be so deprived.  :)

At 17, 18 and 19, I had one TV station, one AM, one FM station, but a huge repository of books for entertainment and knowledge gathering. We made our own fun and it was much better than the disposable stuff the kids are being fed these days. And yes, I walked 14 miles to school in a snow storm uphill -- both ways.  :lol:

At 17, 18 and 19, I had one TV station, one AM, one FM station, but a huge repository of books for entertainment and knowledge gathering. We made our own fun and it was much better than the disposable stuff the kids are being fed these days. And yes, I walked 14 miles to school in a snow storm uphill -- both ways. :lol:

Bare foot...And beat bears off with my loose leaf notebook...In Florida!!!

Bare foot...And beat bears off with my loose leaf notebook...In Florida!!!

Actually, it was on a small Aleutian Island in Alaska... but Florida's close to Alaska so I guess that counts!  :lol:

I didnt have an ipod or a playstation or a psp....i had a stick! And on a good day a roll of caps and a rock!...kids today are too spoiled and pampered...i miss the good old days

Ahhh...memories. I'm so tempted to have my daughters read this thread.

Sticks, mud puddles, trees and rocks to climb, bugs to play with...and...and...and...don't forget group activities like hide & seek.

Ahhh...memories. I'm so tempted to have my daughters read this thread.

Sticks, mud puddles, trees and rocks to climb, bugs to play with...and...and...and...don't forget group activities like hide & seek.

Red Rover, Buck Buck, dodge ball... all activities that are now labeled as being too dangerous. We called them "fun."