2nd hand vape

Ive read several studies. I have not found a conclusive study. How many of you vape indoors? Do you vape indoors with small children in the room? Do you vape in the car with small children?

Are there any studies to show this is okay?

I remember reading a study that said 2nd hand vape was 1/100 safer then tobacco second hand smoke. But... When i smoked i wouldnt have it anywhere near my child! Is it okay to vape in the house or car with a 2 year old?

I've seen many of the same studies. Personal opinion only, but we definitely need more in-depth studies on vaping...potential side effects from the ingredients, how those ingredients react at higher temps, possible undiscovered chemical reactions between nicotine and PG/VG (including potential positive side effects to all of these things).

I prefer to keep my vaping out of view of my kids. My oldest is at an age where peer pressure starts to take effect and I don't want her viewing it as something she feels is okay just because she see's me doing it. I also don't wanting her viewing my meager but growing set of toys as something "cool" to own and "play" with

At the same time, I will take a hit off whatever device I'm using at the time, but I try not to do it around the kids for the reasons stated above. If I'm the only one home, yes, I vape indoors regularly.

I also like to have my EMOW charged and filled with my favorite juice for long drives. I would never smoke with them in the car, but I will "stealth vape" and I blow whatever vapor is produced out the window.

Thanks for the reply. I have an amazing 1.5 year old and my job allows me to watch him more days than not, regardless of how bad mom makes me feel!

I am with him at least 19 days a month, even though some of those days are night shifts. My night shifts allow more days at home, but it negatively effects family life, i am told.

I guess thats the life. Thats the stress of the job.

Should i avoid second hand vape smoke in the home? I really do t see any reason why yet,.. But i could be wrong

I think it's more of a moral issue than a health issue, personally. I generally don't vape around other people unless they are vaping too. But honestly I can't say that is completely without danger to others. We just don't fully know yet. I'm willing to take the risk for myself, because I personally belief it's much safer than smoking. But I won't impose that on others. It's not my choice to do that to them. Do I take a vape now and again in the house when others are around? Sure. Do I flaunt it? No. I stealth vape here and there. I make it work because I believe there is minimal risk in second hand vape. Minimal.

Short and sweet I basically vape where I want unless asked not to.I have read enough studies that show negligible levels of nicotine and really nothing else in second hand vapor that would be harmful. I mean I do not sit at my table in a family restaurant but I will go to the bathroom and take a few drags. My son is 10 and there are studies showing residual smoke from analogs on clothes and furnishings is as dangerous as second hand smoke. My sons allergy problems and cough disappeared almost overnight when we switched almost two years ago. We both vape in the car, openly at work at my desk and in our home and this freedom was a huge catalyst in the beginning that kept me going.

My two cents.

Edited by bcartervol98

I've read study after study... and the two most effective-measures studies were conducted in Europe (Greece and Germany), where they sealed people in a room (while they smoked or vaped) and measured the second-hand smoke and second-hand vapor using gas chromatography.

The conclusion from both studies showed between 1/35 and 1/75 the level of second-hand nicotine from vaping, as compared to smoking... and the test subjects were using 17-36mg Nicotine (while the smokers were using anything from ultra-lights to "reds", with the avg person using "lights").

So, think of it this way... you'd have to be in a room with 35 people vaping 36mg Nicotine juices to get the same second-hand nicotine as ONE PERSON in the room smoking a Marlboro Light!  If the vapers were vaping 12mg Nicotine, you'd have to have 105 of them in the same room to equal ONE smoker's second-hand nicotine spew!

The residual second-hand from smokers also contained several known carcinogens (in levels that were considered HIGH), and several other "irritants" that are known to cause or compound asthma, COPD, eye/skin irritants... the list goes on...   BUT, the other residuals from vaping were compounds found in the every-day air we breathe (and in lesser quantities).  The only real "residue" from vaping was a tiny bit of glycerine that stuck to the Lexan walls of the test chambers... and by tiny bit, I mean levels measured that were considered very safe (negligible) by CDC/FDA/WHO standards... a few PPM.

So, in answer to your question... yes, "I" consider it safe to vape around anyone, but as Bebob and BCarter pointed out... I will refrain from vaping where socially unacceptable (restaurant table or someone else's house), unless I'm told otherwise it is okay.  I do vape in the car with my children, even my 5-yr old, but I don't blow it in his face... and, just like when I smoked, I crack the window to allow an escape-route for any vapor cloud when he's in the car with me.

Also, a bit of info... I vape 50/50 juices in the car, and my windows do NOT need cleaning every week like they did when I smoked... as a matter of fact, I don't think I've cleaned the interior of my windshield in several months, and it's still crystal-clear!

Edited by Earthling789

I vape in my home while alone.  when my family is here I go into my bedroom for the occasional hit, but I turn on the ceiling fan so it dissipates quickly and isnt noticed.  I dont do it in my car with my family.  My wife hates these things, but agrees they are more acceptable than my cigars were.  My kids are constantly asking me if I was baking since I am vaping mostly custards and sweet smelling juices...   I dont avoid them out of safety reasons, just not trying to flaunt it in their faces.

As to working nights...  Yea, that took a toll on my family.  did that for 6 years.  when I was home and trying to sleep they were always trying to be quiet for me and my kids at the time were 3 and 7.  ever try to keep boys that age quiet all day long while its rainy and cold outside?

I vape in the house. I ask permission if in bars or restaurants. I vape in front of my son on occasion but do try to keep some distance between us when I do. I do vape in my car but with the window rolled a bit down to siphon the vapor out. If studies come out that say second hand vapor is dangerous I will cease immediately.