GRILLIN & CHILLIN

Took the corn off the cob so I could blend it with the rice...

You did what to the rice??? We're purists at Chez Tam.  :)

Forgot to take pics of our homemade hamburgers tonight. Start with grass fed 80/20 ground beef. Add 7 oz can of green chilies, puree one large white onion, mix three packets of dry Ranch, pat into patties, grill and serve on cheddar and jalapeno chiabatta bread. Mmmmm

Forgot to take pics of our homemade hamburgers tonight. Start with grass fed 80/20 ground beef. Add 7 oz can of green chilies, puree one large white onion, mix three packets of dry Ranch, pat into patties, grill and serve on cheddar and jalapeno chiabatta bread. Mmmmm

UGG need pics :wallbash: :wallbash:

I am on day 6 of a grain free test to help with my IBS...  Your hamburger sounds amazing!  I can eat everything you mentioned right up the jalapeño chibatta bun....   I would eat a dozen pieces of the bread toasted,by itself, if you sat them in front of me!

Edited by jasonculp

I am on day 6 of a grain free test to help with my IBS...  Your hamburger sounds amazing!  I can eat everything you mentioned right up the jalapeño chibatta bun....   I would eat a dozen pieces of the bread toasted,by itself, if you sat them in front of me!

The hamburger is good alone without the bun. Serve with some french fries or use lettuce leaves in place of the bun to make a sandwich of sorts.  :)

The hamburger is good alone without the bun. Serve with some french fries or use lettuce leaves in place of the bun to make a sandwich of sorts.  :)

I bet it is.  I can get by on the meat/cheese alone, but dang jalapeño ciabatta?  It is making me hungry, I have eaten 2400 calories today, with 177 grams of protein....I shouldn't be hungry but I love ciabatta, and add jalapeño...next level!

I am tracking my macros...it is both eye opening, and annoying.  (They don't want me to loose weight)

I bet it is.  I can get by on the meat/cheese alone, but dang jalapeño ciabatta?  It is making me hungry, I have eaten 2400 calories today, with 177 grams of protein....I shouldn't be hungry but I love ciabatta, and add jalapeño...next level!

I am tracking my macros...it is both eye opening, and annoying.  (They don't want me to loose weight)

Sorry about that, Jason! Didn't mean to tease. Might try making the burgers and add some jalapeño in it for a kick?

Sorry about that, Jason! Didn't mean to tease. Might try making the burgers and add some jalapeño in it for a kick?

Its all good...and I love teasing...lol

I have already put your burger reciepe into my reciepe folder!  I can't wait to try them.

I am a bread fanatic, so going with out bread sucks...but due to my job, stress, and generally poor diet, I am developing other minor problems.  Hopefully this change will help.

To be honest, I don't know what was wrong with my Little Debbie's, Monster Energy, and Reese's Cup Diet....lol

Its all good...and I love teasing...lol

I have already put your burger reciepe into my reciepe folder!  I can't wait to try them.

I am a bread fanatic, so going with out bread sucks...but due to my job, stress, and generally poor diet, I am developing other minor problems.  Hopefully this change will help.

To be honest, I don't know what was wrong with my Little Debbie's, Monster Energy, and Reese's Cup Diet....lol

LOL! If you use regular ground beef, you'll need to add an egg or two and a few breadcrumbs to keep it together. You don't need that if you're using grass fed ground beef. There's something different about the texture. Also, make sure to puree the onion as that gives it extra moisture for a really juicy burger.  :)

I like spicy stuff... and I like plain white rice with Cajun seasonings, and add in seared, buttered corn... OMG!  You can make a meal out of that, alone!  :D  The chicken was dressed with butter, a few dashes of Italian Dressing, and Cajun spices as well... smoked (indirect heat) @ 325 for 2-hours.  You can also do them in the oven (shallow pan, lined with foil), or on a charcoal grill (but you have to be careful not to put them on too soon, or near the coals, or they dry-out).  If I use the oven or charcoal grill, I add extra Italian Dressing to help keep them moist until the skin crusts and seals the juices in....

I put jalapeño in dang near everything...  Hamburgers? Check!  Tuna? Check!  Scrambled Eggs? Check! :D

Many years ago, my Dr. advised me to eat fresh jalapeño to help with my ulcer.  It sounded crazy, but IT WORKS!  There is an enzyme in the pepper that actually helps to repair damage to the stomach lining.  Yes, it was searing pain for the first few days, but within a week, the ulcer was gone!  Peppers in a jar also work, but not quite as well as fresh... I love BOTH, lol

In the town where I live we have "green chili", which can be thin like a soup or more often thick like a gravy. It's pork, onion, tomato, green chili and lots of spices. Sometimes there's jalapeno, but if you use Pueblo green chilies, they're hot enough on their own to not need the extra. We put it on everything! Scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, enchiladas, huevos rancheros, mashed potatoes (better than regular gravy), you name it, it gets smothered. It's even wonderful plain, eaten like a soup or stew with some hot flour tortillas with a little butter.  :)

Tam, you're making me hungry!! :D

That sounds delicious... reminds me of the green chili sauces I enjoyed in Mexico many years ago...  I spent several months there for work, and learned to enjoy many of the native dishes.  Most of them were not "hot", but full of flavorful spices.  The green chili pepper sauce was a favorite for breakfast :)

This is funny.  I just finished making some "make ahead" casseroles.  My wife needs somthing to be a bit quicker.  I normally am home around 6 pm (if I am in town) and she needs to be in bed by 6:30 or so.

I ended up making out of what I had around the house.  It is chicken, broccoli,  and cheese casserole.  Before I had finished the cheese sauce it had onions, mushrooms, green chilis, jalapeños, red pepper flakes, a some habenero pepper sauce, and a few shakes ghost pepper powder.  It has a bit of a kick to it!

I will warm one of those up with a side of grilled, asparagus with bacon.  I will them make here one of my Avocado Chocolate Mousse s.  (sounds terrible, but it is awesome,  It is the only way I can eat an avocado a day....)

Edited by jasonculp

Damn Jason, that sounds good!!! Like, really good!!!

It's 7:40am, I'm laying here in bed, watching GMA, and now wanting to get up and start cooking all the stuff everyone posted from this past weekend...lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...