High vg/Max vg tanks?

namegame

Hello forum,Could someone please give me some budget friendly advice on high vg/max vg tanks?I currently have a kangertech protank 3 mini many but waas told this would not work for high vg/max vg liquids?

Many Thanks

Edited by namegame

Have you ever tried to drink a think milkshake thru a cocktail straw? That is what using Max VG in any tank is like. high VG is very thick and can't wick into a coil fast enough in any tank system.

Like Comp said the thickest liquid for tanks would be 30pg/70vg. And only tanks with larger wicking holes will do it with success. Like the Aspire Nautilus with the newer style BVC coils. Other than that I would suggest any of the newer tanks on the market. Aspire Atlantis, Kanger Subtank, Arctic tank, Melo by Eleaf.

With these new tanks you need to have a device capable of handling Sub ohms and higher power needed to run the coils.

I use as high as 30/70 in my pro tanks with no problem, however, I do rebuild my own coils and I make my coils a little larger than stock and take care to wick them in a way that promotes wicking action. (increased diameter, japanese cotton and the proper amount)

Both my Subtank Nano and Atlantis's are juice hogs.i love them both and my RDA's are just sitting on my desk collecting dust.As a matter of fact I haven't used them for a few weeks now,I might put them up as a pay it forward soon.Of course it will only go to someone who knows what they are doing and practice safety when it comes to battery's and checking resistance on their ohm meter

Have you ever tried to drink a think milkshake thru a cocktail straw? That is what using Max VG in any tank is like. high VG is very thick and can't wick into a coil fast enough in any tank system.

Not to make an argument out of this but your statement (because everyone's experience is different) is not entirely true. You state "Any Tank" twice which would leave someone not familiar with tanks that "Any Tank" cannot handle a very high VG liquid or that you have tried all tanks in the market (which I find unlikely). This is very misleading in my opinion.

I use a Lemo, a Vox edition v4 Orchid, and also used a Fogger V4 and I only use 20/80 ejuice and I have no problems with burnt hits...ever. Now although I do yet own a sub ohm tank such as the Kanger Subtank mini, I have read and seen many reviews where others are using them with high vg content in their juice without any issues (even the stock non rebuildable coils). For rebuildable coils its all about how you build your coils, airflow, and how you wick your coils. As soon as I get my subohm tank I'm very certain that I will be able to vape my higher VG eliquid through it without any issues at all.

Thanks, 

DG

Not to make an argument out of this but your statement (because everyone's experience is different) is not entirely true. You state "Any Tank" twice which would leave someone not familiar with tanks that "Any Tank" cannot handle a very high VG liquid or that you have tried all tanks in the market (which I find unlikely). This is very misleading in my opinion.

I use a Lemo, a Vox edition v4 Orchid, and also used a Fogger V4 and I only use 20/80 ejuice and I have no problems with burnt hits...ever. Now although I do yet own a sub ohm tank such as the Kanger Subtank mini, I have read and seen many reviews where others are using them with high vg content in their juice without any issues (even the stock non rebuildable coils). For rebuildable coils its all about how you build your coils, airflow, and how you wick your coils. As soon as I get my subohm tank I'm very certain that I will be able to vape my higher VG eliquid through it without any issues at all.

Thanks,

DG

As with dragongunner, I'm definitely not trying to turn this into an argument...only offer a different perspective. I can vouch for both the LEMO and the Subtank Mini. I regularly run 15/85 juice through both of them. Only time I have had a dry hit on either was when I ran out of juice...and that was a 50/50 blend in the Subtank mini. My LEMO has the stock 1 ohm coil (actually came out to 1.11 ohm on my meter) and I'm currently using the .5 ohm occ coil on the subtank.

Now, would I ever try to do a high VG in my PT3 mini, Aspire BDC, or Unitank? No. But the airflow on both the LEMO and the Subtank mini is sufficient. On the Subtank mini, the coils and the wicking channels on the coils are large enough that I personally haven't had a problem. Likewise, with the Lemo, since it's rebuildable, wicking hasn't been an issue for me.

But as with everything else related to vaping, what works for some and suits our style may not work for others and their style. That's the beauty of having so many options out there. Whatever works best is what works best for each of us as individuals.

Edited by Adversarious1

I used AT Mega with stock coils on max VG before transitioning to rebuildbles with no problem. The coils just don't last long. I went through one every 4-5 days. It has slightly better airflow than PT3 though. Just sharing my experience for others who may find it useful.

Max VG also works well (for me) in Orchid, Lemo, Subtank, Taifun GT2 with no dry hits