ONLY Pharmacy Compounded Juice

351's... nothing wrong with them... I had a '73 Torino in Ice Blue (actually very white) with a 351 Windsor... beast of a motor!

I agree, though, the 429 Cobra Jet would be damn nice to have! :D  You can always get the car you want and get a crate 429?

Another option would be the 460 with dual 4's... I had that in my Gran Torino Elite... never passed a gas station when my foot was in the floor, but on the Interstate, cruising 65-70.... I could break 20mpg!  The nice thing about it was that there wasn't a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang in the area that could keep up with it :)

As for the SBR, yeah, it sucks to pay to get a barrel shorter than 16"... especially when you can buy a 5.56 pistol without paying a dime extra!

Edited by Earthling789

Yeah,I still think it's ridiculous that we have to pay the $200 stamp fee to own full auto/SBR weapons.Texas is working on passing open carry,hopefully it passes so I can carry my 1911

Fingers crossed they get that passed soon... sad that open-carry in TX is currently banned, but in KY, you have been allowed to open-carry for a hundred years!  CCDW has been available here for 20+ years, and I've been a carry holder since year one.... 

351's... nothing wrong with them... I had a '73 Torino in Ice Blue (actually very white) with a 351 Windsor... beast of a motor!

I agree, though, the 429 Cobra Jet would be damn nice to have! :D  You can always get the car you want and get a crate 429?

Another option would be the 460 with dual 4's... I had that in my Gran Torino Elite... never passed a gas station when my foot was in the floor, but on the Interstate, cruising 65-70.... I could break 20mpg!  The nice thing about it was that there wasn't a Camaro, Corvette, or Mustang in the area that could keep up with it :)

As for the SBR, yeah, it sucks to pay to get a barrel shorter than 16"... especially when you can buy a 5.56 pistol without paying a dime extra!

The problem with the pistol version is that Sig has the 'brace' that doubles as a stock and was legal until recently.  Now the ATF is on this 'intent' kick. went with 9mm because it's a close quarters build, who needs .223 for less than 50 yards?  

As for the 460, my dad purchased a retired police cruiser that had a police inceptor 460.  Bored out to a 502 and snuggly placed with a C6 under the hood of his 1981 F150 step side.  I never got to drive that truck but I have fond memories of him scaring the **** out of me on a few Georgia backroads.

Fingers crossed they get that passed soon... sad that open-carry in TX is currently banned, but in KY, you have been allowed to open-carry for a hundred years!  CCDW has been available here for 20+ years, and I've been a carry holder since year one.... 

Yes for $80 and a background check in Ga you too can get a CWP.  We have open carry but it's worth the $80 in case something 'covers' your holster accidentally.  I had an interesting conversation with local PD in Walmart while attached to my M&P Shield .40.  The officer was shopping and asking me about it, I smiled and told him I liked the fact that my M&P didn't feel like a handful of Legos as did his Glock.  He started the usual Glock owner BS and I invited him to fire mine at the local range anytime if he wanted to see what a real .40 felt like.  He obliged and is now a good friend.

Needless to say when he fired my Shield with trigger job at about a 2 pound pull and short reset, altered comp spring that gave him the feeling he was firing a full frame 9mm  with light recoil and speed sites, he left reconsidering how good his Glock really was. Don't get me wrong, 'most' Glocks are fine weapons but there is a lot a hype.

Glock is a tried and true weapon,just like Winchester.My brother has a shield 9mm and I don't care for the ergonomics of it at all.The bore axis is too tall for my taste,I'm used to a 1911 and revolvers

Yep, not  Glock fanboi...  I was raised on S&W revolvers, but found the "light" of semi-autos.  I love my PT111 G2... it may be a Taurus, but it feels so right in my hand!  I've got Colt, S&W, Ruger, Beretta, Walter, and many others (including a Glock 17 and 26, but not my favorites)... but I gotta say the cheaper Taurus is my favorite for shooting and carry.  Even my TCP is reliable and comfortable for daily conceal-carry!  A 1911 is a fine weapon, but I don't like carrying a brick strapped to my hip daily :)   Back in my military days, the 1911 was phased out for the Beretta, and I do have love for the reliability of the Beretta 9mm, but prefer the 92 over the m9... still a brick to carry anywhere but a thigh holster, though...

I've got to go take my CHL class,it's paid for just gotta take the test lol,and sometime this year I will be getting a new CCW Id like to get a sub compact Glock .40 or .45

I've got to go take my CHL class,it's paid for just gotta take the test lol,and sometime this year I will be getting a new CCW Id like to get a sub compact Glock .40 or .45

I need to do the same.  Me and my boss planned on doing it last year, but have never got it done.  I used to carry in my vehicle everywhere I go.  I don't do it any more.  I work in a few different gas plants and can not carry by law. (Federal trumps state in this case)  I really wouldn't care about the law, but it would terminate my vendor status with the company.  I have to make so many emergency trips, it isn't worth the risk.

Yeah the original Bronco was a pretty tough SUV and before SUV meant,  'middle aged woman driving brats to a soccer game on under inflated tires weaving in and out of traffic like it was a Porsche'

Yeah I had a '79 with the 351 modified 2 bbl. Loved that beast

I love my PT111 G2... it may be a Taurus, but it feels so right in my hand! 

I don't knock any weapon, I always say SOMEBODY must have had success with a Jaguar, they still make them.  The same with firearms, after all we know of one Keltec that fired when needed, RIP Trayvon.  I don't like the way Glock feels in my hand.  I just purchased a Taurus 24/7 9mm compact gen 2 striker fire for $319, 3 weekends ago at a gun show.  Last weekend a put 3 boxes a Perfecta 115 grain ammo through it.  The range officer said to be careful of the Perfecta it was an offshoot of Tula.  These are brass not steel, 150 rounds and not one FTF,FTE.  I like it! 

Taurus gets a bad rap because they don't do competition shooting so there isn't a lot of aftermarket mods unless you have a 1911 and they had some quality issues a few years back but have corrected them.  

I own several Taurus, and not one has given me grief, although the ramp on the TCP needed polishing when I bought it.  I've had $1000+ Kimber and Sig that required service out of the box :)  Taurus has won me over on price and reliability, but more on ergonomics... they just fit my hand like a glove.  Comparing my PT92 to the actual Beretta... probably 90% of the parts are interchangeable, and I like the fact that the Taurus version is more accurate :D

i love Keltec,I really want the RFB

Keltec has some really bad history with their semi autos, however I have an interest in a KSG now that the price has come down.  There are a couple of reviews of the RFB that are pretty damning.  The guy that owns the B&M vape shop I frequent the most and my old Cigar shop owner both have KSG's and have nothing but praise for them. 

I've had $1000+ Kimber

Kimber's are nice, when mounted in a glass case, lol.  There is a guy on a local forum trying to sell his sub 1911, baby blue and white pearl iridescent.  It looks like a 57 BelAir

Edited by Mplough

Well that's the beauty of Texas,I carry one in my car every day :-)

I did in my last job.  This one is fine with it too, but with all restricted areas I work in, I just can't risk it.  When I am working Abilene, Wichita Falls, and the DFW area I carry (no plants and my house is in between so I can go drop it off).

I am a really simple guy.  I leave the semi-autos at home and carry an SP-101 5 shot .357.  I love the little gun and it is point and click.  My wife carries the Glock 26 but I would rather her carry the .357.  She can't rack the slide very well.

She has said she was going to quit carrying it in her car, because it is against company policy to have it in the car.  Texas passed SB321 making it legal for all private citizens, who are legal to posess a gun, in a vehicle parked in an employers parking lot.  The only problem is he didn't add a provision that they could not fire you...  With Texas being an at will state, I don't think the court would be on a gun owners side, employer's rights are above gun owners.

I own several Taurus, and not one has given me grief, although the ramp on the TCP needed polishing when I bought it.  I've had $1000+ Kimber and Sig that required service out of the box :)  Taurus has won me over on price and reliability, but more on ergonomics... they just fit my hand like a glove.  Comparing my PT92 to the actual Beretta... probably 90% of the parts are interchangeable, and I like the fact that the Taurus version is more accurate :D

I have owned several Tauri, and have had great luck with them.  I like you have had many different brands/models.  I traded all of my nice stuff off a few years ago and only have the Glock(26), a Sig P226 (9mm) and all other hand guns are Ruger.  My Super Black Hawk is the most fun to shoot, and the .357 is the least.  I have a P-95 9mm that has been a blast after I did a bit of polishing and filing.

Back before I let my work take over all of my free time, I enjoyed shooting them and reloading.  I had a S&W (K frame) PPC setup with a bull barrel and some powder puff .38 double end wad cutters in it....that made for a fun afternoon. Now they just collect dust and I am sure my skills are very rusty.

Are you originally from Alabama, LMAO!

Actually, I was born in North Carolina. I may have been raised in and live in SoCal, but between NC and SoCal, there were stops in Virginia and Texas...so I'm a southern boy at heart.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines