I need to upgrade, I'm close to going back to analogs

I've been using a kanger protank3 (0.8 ohm atomizer) with an aero base and a itaste vtr with mt.baker 24mg 50/50 juice.  This has become less and less satisfying.  After nearly a year off analogs I have broken down a few times on days when my ecig was acting up and smoked a cig or 2.  I am on the edge of giving the whole ecig thing up.

I really think I need to upgrade.  right now I am thinking about a kanger sub ohm and a higher wattage device.  I don't have a ton to spend as I am on a fixed income.  My budget is about $100 a month including juice.

I am hoping to find something with bigger vapor (and nic) that is reliable and affordable.  I know $100 isn't much, but I was thinking I could buy a setup in 2 parts and split it up over 2 months.

Any advice would be great.  What kind of setup do you think I should get.  Is there other upgrades I could do now to get me through until I can upgrade.  Are there any other things I should consider. 

It's been a while since I have posted on this forum, I welcome any advice.

Thank you,

Nate

Hey Nate,I know it's tough sticking to vaping we've all been through it at one point.If you want a great mod I highly recommend an Istick 50w & a Subtank mini or Atlantis.The Subtank comes with a 1.2 ohm coil and a 0.5 and the Atlantis comes with just a 0.5.You can't go wrong with either one.the istick 50w is an excellent device it has a built in 4400 mah lipo battery and it has more than enough power.If you shop around I know you can get these things for what you are wanting to spend

I hope this is allowed....

Melo Tank  http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/eleaf/eleaf-tanks/eleaf-melo-sub-ohm-tank.html $19.95

Mech Mod  http://sweet-vapes.com/mechanical/hcigar/hcigar-black-akuma.html  $34.95

Battery       http://sweet-vapes.com/mod-batteries-chargers/efest/efest-30a-imr-18650-2100mah-1313.html  $11.45

Charger    http://sweet-vapes.com/mod-batteries-chargers/chargers/nitecore-um10-charger.html   $11.95

That is a basic setup with a Mech mod.  I have both that tank and the Atlantis and like this one a LOT more and it cost about half what the Atlantis costs.  The Kanger Subohm mini costs a touch more but is also highly recommended.  

You can find things on the bay as well, but sometimes they are hit and miss...  I just got a Hades Mod on the bay for 9 bucks shipped...  

If your struggling and want bigger vapor I would definatly think about a sub ohm tank of some sort.  The Melo, Atlantis and Kanger subtank series all have factory coils so you dont have to worry about building coils for them.  They will produce awesome vapor and with a higher nic juice should curb the nic need for you.

Dont give it up!  we can help!

Hi Nate. Long time no see.   :)

I'd go along with Tugboat's recommendation for an Eleaf iStick 50W. It comes with its own micro USB charger cord and is ready to go out of the box. Since mine got here it's been in constant use (and another one is in the mail to me now I liked it so much).

Mech mods, while good, are a one trick pony. At this point in time I'd recommend something that's more versatile and that would be the iStick 50W.

Haven't tried any of the sub-tanks that just came out but there's been a lot of good things being said about them. As with all sub-ohm coils, they give off great vapor and flavor, or so everyone tells me.

I hope you find something that keeps you off the analogs, Nate. We're here if you need some support.  :)

Hey Nate,I know it's tough sticking to vaping we've all been through it at one point.If you want a great mod I highly recommend an Istick 50w & a Subtank mini or Atlantis.The Subtank comes with a 1.2 ohm coil and a 0.5 and the Atlantis comes with just a 0.5.You can't go wrong with either one.the istick 50w is an excellent device it has a built in 4400 mah lipo battery and it has more than enough power.If you shop around I know you can get these things for what you are wanting to spend

I agree with Tug and they have the istick 50 w for $50 now. That is cheap. I love my Atlantis and also my sub tank mini.

Awesome, I'm definitely sold on the istick 50w.  I'm leaning towards the sub tank.  I love the capacity of the sub tank, but I'm not sure how bothersome the large size will be.  I may just go for the sub tank mini so it all fits.

Thanks for all the advice.  

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...