A web page to get out ahead of California's propaganda.

jasonculp

I just saw this on taste your juice's blog:

By pbusardo on 22 March 2015 in Recent News with No Comments

Ok folks, thanks to the wonderful advocates we’ve found out the CA Dept of Health is about to unleash lies and propaganda against vaping. We are getting a jump on them. We might not have the millions but we have passion! Let’s amplify this website to counter their fear-mongering!

In other words SHARE SHARE SHARE… and… SHARE!!!!

http://notblowingsmoke.org/

When California puts out anything to discourage vaping I'm very suspicious that they really don't want anyone to quit smoking. They get too much tax money from the sale and continued sale of cigarettes. Not so with vaping gear and e-liquids.

Thanks for the link, Jason.

This is true everywhere.  If it was truly about saving lives they would ban smoking along with alcohol.  The tax revenue is just too great.  I am curious if they are just mounting a huge anti-vaping campaign as blackmail to enact a semi-voluntary tax.

I really think they should just outlaw disease and death....problem solved. (it would be hard to enforce in the case of death)

Edited by jasonculp

Going out on a limb with this, but I think we the people should tax the government and get our money back.
Or  at least treat the Government like a business we are investing in and vote to drop every officials pay to current federal minimum wage. Make them sign up and get private health insurance. Outlaw special interest and fine the offenders heavily.

And as an investor I would recommend firing those who don't do their job to meet our expectations.

Edited by GeorgeF

I just saw this on taste your juice's blog:

By pbusardo on 22 March 2015 in Recent News with No Comments

Ok folks, thanks to the wonderful advocates we’ve found out the CA Dept of Health is about to unleash lies and propaganda against vaping. We are getting a jump on them. We might not have the millions but we have passion! Let’s amplify this website to counter their fear-mongering!

In other words SHARE SHARE SHARE… and… SHARE!!!!

http://notblowingsmoke.org/

And you beat me to it. :yes

If interested, I'm always willing to do some writing.

I have a blog but would be more than happy to contribute as much as I can...I know I'm not the most experienced or number crunching guy that might attract your more experienced used but I also believe those just starting out would like a friendly voice in the wild.  I would like to see more zines/papers reach out to the noob and just starting out crowd for which I would be willing to help.

Obviously, it being your paper and your baby...I'm willing to work with you, obviously, to create what you want.  And anything I submit would be subject to your advice and editorial input.

If interested, I'm always willing to do some writing.

I have a blog but would be more than happy to contribute as much as I can...I know I'm not the most experienced or number crunching guy that might attract your more experienced used but I also believe those just starting out would like a friendly voice in the wild.  I would like to see more zines/papers reach out to the noob and just starting out crowd for which I would be willing to help.

Obviously, it being your paper and your baby...I'm willing to work with you, obviously, to create what you want.  And anything I submit would be subject to your advice and editorial input.

Also, jason, if you have any ads, I'd be more than happy to place them on my blog for no cost or desire for recompense.

And you're always welcome to post a submission or two to my blog for publication.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  It isn't my site.  I just read about it on the Taste Your Juice blog and reposted it.  I am sure that the people there are looking for anyone skilled and willing to help.  I really don't know who they are though.

The site Taste Your Juice is owned and operated by Phil Busardo. pbusardo on youtube, on here and other forums. He is a great voice for vaping, he also has many great reviews on the fine products we use daily in our vaping journey.

I have learned a lot about many great vaping devices from tanks to cartos and VV/VW electronic mods. Devices to make building easier like the coil-master.

Check him out, he gives a lot of technical data about all things vaping and does it with a sense of humor. Very informative and entertaining.

The site Taste Your Juice is owned and operated by Phil Busardo. pbusardo on youtube, on here and other forums. He is a great voice for vaping, he also has many great reviews on the fine products we use daily in our vaping journey.

I kinda wish that I had his vaping life.  People sending me more gear to test than anyone else in the US (just my guess).

I don't know, I guess if I was obligated to try all of that stuff and I didn't have time to do it, it would turn into a job :-(

*conspiracy theory incoming*

Similar to the way that the govt. (both Federal and State) don't want other possible health improvements left alone (and or legalized [i'm not naming anything I promise]), they don't want anything "e-cig" or "vape" related to be left alone. There's a lot more money in "Big-Pharma" and "Big Tobacco" than there is in an industry that has already exploded. There is no room for them to come in and regulate this industry in a way that could be equally profitable. Instead, they are going to stick with their previously accepted (and otherwise ignored) cash-cow, Tobacco taxes. A quote from a previous rant " I understand that the increased taxes supposedly fund tobacco related medical treatment, but it strikes me as odd that California seems to have fewer smokers per capita than other states, but some of the highest taxes on tobacco products in the country. " 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Especially when it comes to the money fountain. These are simply my thoughts/opinions. Take nothing too seriously. Just food for thought. Chew it apart. 

Edited by Bushwick

Going out on a limb with this, but I think we the people should tax the government and get our money back.

Or at least treat the Government like a business we are investing in and vote to drop every officials pay to current federal minimum wage. Make them sign up and get private health insurance. Outlaw special interest and fine the offenders heavily.

And as an investor I would recommend firing those who don't do their job to meet our expectations.

I agree wholeheartedly you said what a lot people are thinking feeling and saying just not out loud

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just saw one of these California Dept of Public Health ads last night on TV.

Just as commentary, I had a surprisingly strong reaction of betrayal. These ads are very slickly produced. They are not cheaply thrown together and they are very cleverly designed to frighten the general public with alarming misinformation. It's done with an authoritative air and this group of ads punches up long debunked issues on vaping.. There are NO facts, NO supporting evidence, no studies cited etc. it is just pure and simple rumor mongering without substantiation.. Appalling.

It is discouraging to think your own tax money funds this BS. The really sad part is in this modern day media "no accountability" mentality where anyone with the bucks can stand up and spew lies and innuendo designed to cripple a well-meaning, grass roots movement, the uninformed will eat up this garbage thinking they've just been given the facts and they will unwittingly propagate this BS.

Frankly, the Cal Dept of Pub Health has just made enemies of millions of potential allies. It is just the very definition of insanity. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. This sort of unbridled irresponsibility from those in a position of trust is exactly how corruption spreads in a society and how that society weakens as a result. The CDPH has just stood up and declared they are not interested in public health at all, but are in the pockets of those who would profit from the very diseases they so righteously claim to be fighting. Insane.

Here is a link to a very good article debunking the CDPH's campaign.

http://www.electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/still-blowing-smoke-org-fact-vs-fiction/

California has had trouble balancing their budget for several years now. They barrow against future (projected next fiscal year) sales tax.
Not sure how much CA is losing from BT MSA year over year, but it probably must be significant.

Ecig tax is inevitable. I think states that have real trouble balancing their fiscal budget will push harder and harder for a ban, and then placate the public by 
"compromising" with a sin tax solution. 

Unfortunately, I live in this state. I only quit smoking and started vaping a little over a month ago. Now I find myself defending vaping as the lesser of two evils to my family. They are happy as hell I have given up the analogs...now I find myself explaining to them those commercials are a lot of hype.

Unfortunately, I live in this state. I only quit smoking and started vaping a little over a month ago. Now I find myself defending vaping as the lesser of two evils to my family. They are happy as hell I have given up the analogs...now I find myself explaining to them those commercials are a lot of hype.

Yeah, but isn't that a happy problem to have - health-wise? The main thing is that you're now off the analogs. The rest is downhill from there.  :)

Yeah, but isn't that a happy problem to have - health-wise? The main thing is that you're now off the analogs. The rest is downhill from there. :)

It certainly isn't a bad problem to have...lol. I didn't mean for it to sound like it was a bad problem either, (although I can see it does sound that way). It's more frustration geared toward the anti-vaping group for putting us in this position of having to defend because of their scare tactics.

Congrats on ditching analogs, Adversarious1. :) Cali is still one of the best states to live in... despite the severe drought we are having. haha

AR, LA, AL, and I think a couple more states are pushing for higher tobacco taxes.  Louisiana  at least is transparent and said that they need the extra revenue to overcome their deficit. Other states are using their public health department as a platform before proposing tobacco tax hikes, and sadly that includes smokeless and vape products... if they pass.

Tax revenue are more addicting than nicotine lol

Edited by iQuit

I don't have a huge problem with them being taxed but states that pass laws making it illegal to vape (or smoke for that matter) in open outside areas are places I do not care to visit.

You could not get me to move to NY or Cali if you quadrupled my salary and gave me 3 months off a year.

Taxes does not bother me either. My vaping budget does not affect my other hobbies when they get taxed. But I do feel for the smaller vape business that will be affected by it.

I don't know what the big deal is with not able to vape in outside areas. At least with vapers that I do know... we don't vape in stadiums or public beaches, or anywhere where analogs are prohibited. Sure it is not the same as analogs, but public do not know that. All they see is what appears to be smoke coming out.

Some stealth vapers are very good at being not noticed, others fail at it miserably, and then there are a few who outright flaunt it where ever.

It is just like I do not walk around with a bottle of Glenfiddich and take a swig at it where it is socially unacceptable. :)