How Do You Feel?

anesser

Well after my first month of  vaping I cut my analogs down to about a pack a day. I  Actually climbed (up&down) 4 flights of stairs one night and didnt feel like I needed a paramedic. Now Im down to about a half a pack a day and I havent felt this good in yrs. Thanks to you all here with helping me on my vaping quest I havent felt this good in yrs :animier: :animier:

Well after my first month of  vaping I cut my analogs down to about a pack a day. I  Actually climbed (up&down) 4 flights of stairs one night and didnt feel like I needed a paramedic. Now Im down to about a half a pack a day and I havent felt this good in yrs. Thanks to you all here with helping me on my vaping quest I havent felt this good in yrs :animier: :animier:

Just wait to see what you feel like when you can let go of the analogs altogether. You're going to feel sooooo good!  :D

Congrats on cutting down this much, though. You're doing good! 

Just wait to see what you feel like when you can let go of the analogs altogether. You're going to feel sooooo good!  :D

Congrats on cutting down this much, though. You're doing good! 

Thanks Tam Ive been smoking almost 30 yrs(Im46) last 6+ yrs I was up 3 packs a day. For me to cut down to what Im at now is a huge accomplishment  for me and I couldnt of done it with out the help from Vaportalk members and vaping :yes :yes

Edited by cany

I've heard terrible things about Chantix. You have my heartfelt condolences for your loss...

My Dr. mentioned it when I approached him about quitting smoking. I already take an anti-depressant and I guess you're not supposed to take them both. When I told him I was taking Wellbutrin, he closed that subject almost like I was asking him for laudanum. Is Chantix still on the market? Because they know something about that drug they aren't telling us.

Ironic given that Welbutrin is not only an anti-depressant, but is also one of the medications that is prescribed as a "stop smoking aid". I was prescribed Welbutrin when I was younger. It didn't work.

Ironic given that Welbutrin is not only an anti-depressant, but is also one of the medications that is prescribed as a "stop smoking aid". I was prescribed Welbutrin when I was younger. It didn't work.

My doctor put me on Zyban when I was younger trying to help me get off the analogs. I called them my "I don't give a $hit" pills because when I was on them, nothing fazed me. Then, it backfired and I got to where I didn't care if I quit smoking or not...  :D

Yep. That's how I initially got it.  Was always dealing with mild depression anyway and wanted to quit. It helped a bit for smoking but it never stuck. I still take it for the depression but nothing ever helped like vaping.

Yep. That's how I initially got it.  Was always dealing with mild depression anyway and wanted to quit. It helped a bit for smoking but it never stuck. I still take it for the depression but nothing ever helped like vaping.

I got on it close to 10 years ago.  When I started looking at quitting smoking he said we will try Zyban.  He looked at my chart and said nope that won't work you have been on it a while.  I ended up on Chantix...evil stuff.  Especially mixed with Bupropion.  It worked for a few months, but didn't stick.  My wife and family nearly ran me off, they were glad when I started smoking again.  I quit it the Bupropion a few years ago, but ended up getting back on it recently.  Work stress and seasonal anxiety disorder really got me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

54935004.jpg

Ha...

Anyways. I've been vaping for a over a year, daily, and am down to 3mg. Not a single analog. While I was smoker, I would cough up tar all the time, gums would bleed when I brushed them, felt sick all the time, and looked like hell. Now, I look and feel healthy. No tar, no smell, no taste. 

It is a good thing, although IMO it is best to quit all the way and drop vaping as well.

• 3 weeks later...

As a former smoker my health is considerably better with vaping, no yellow teeth, no morning coughing, I don't feel tired all the time, no yellow fingers... honestly, is hard to pick on something wrong with vaping, specially compared to smoking. Long term vaping can't be any worse than long term smoking.... considering that nicotine itself is not worse than the caffeine you have everyday in you coffee.

Edited by cesar

• 3 weeks later...

My doctor put me on Zyban when I was younger trying to help me get off the analogs. I called them my "I don't give a $hit" pills because when I was on them, nothing fazed me. Then, it backfired and I got to where I didn't care if I quit smoking or not...  :D

I've tried all those things as well. That Zyban was great!  I didn't care for a while if I smoked or not, but that didn't slow me down.  I never ever wanted to quit.  I loved smoking but thought I had to quit after at that time about 30 years into it. It just stopped bothering me that I was smoking.   I remember hearing a doctor interviewed about smoking and he was asked how long he thought a person could survive being a smoker and he answered, "Oh I'd say about 30 years would be about the limit".  Sheesh!   Then my sig other said, "I was worried about you last night, I thought you were having a seizure".   That was the end of the Zyban for me.   NIneteen years later, I found vaping and now for more than 2 years, I've done nothing but get healthier, feeling great, running up stairs despite my knees needing replacement.  Anxiety not existent and can hold my breath underwater for almost 2 pool lengths.  As someone who was a childhood expert at playing doctor, I feel qualified to comment on this matter. 

The 30 years thing sounds like you doctor was trying to scare you... Smoking is more like playing the Russian roulette, some people can smoke their entire life, and never have a problem... others just smoke a couple of years, and have serious problems. Isn't a specific timetable for smokers... just the fact that you could be next.

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2015 at 1:12 AM, T-Bone said:

I've heard terrible things about Chantix. You have my heartfelt condolences for your loss...

My Dr. mentioned it when I approached him about quitting smoking. I already take an anti-depressant and I guess you're not supposed to take them both.  When I told him I was taking Wellbutrin, he closed that subject almost like I was asking him for laudanum.  Is Chantix still on the market? Because they know something about that drug they aren't telling us.

I have bipolar disorder...and if I took chantix,there was a hell of a good chance I would have been packaged in a box of frootloops,if you know what I mean,alot of the General practioners people see today don't know their butts from their elbows mood disorder wise,even on the commercial it states it can be dangerous to those with mood disorders,even cause manic episodes in people without them,yet bipolar people are getting prescribed this stuff like it is pez by G.P.'s now *that* is crazy!!!!