Charging

cany

Just make sure the output volts and amps are the same as the device can take in. If it is to high on either (more the amps) it will blow the circuitry or worse cause a fire or both.

Thanks I have no idea how to tell what the output volts/amps are  Guess Ill stick to the USB

So long as the device can handle the 1A input you should be ok. I looked for info on it and could not find the manual for that device. Without knowing it is crap shoot on the input amp limit on that device. If you got a manual with it that my be listed in that manual.

So long as the device can handle the 1A input you should be ok. I looked for info on it and could not find the manual for that device. Without knowing it is crap shoot on the input amp limit on that device. If you got a manual with it that my be listed in that manual.

It really looks like a 20 watt iStick that has been reprogrammed.  The iStick came with a 1 amp charger.  I am not positive though.  I would not charge it unattended, or try to vape on it while charging.  With all of the trouble people have been having recently I will not even leave my cell phones/laptop on chargers unattended.  It is probably overkill, but it makes me feel better.

Oops sorry for the delayed reply!

Edited by jasonculp

I would agree because even a charger that is made for any device can cause a fire. There for leaving it unattended has risk no matter what. I can say though that if it was a device meant to only take the .5amp limit of a 2.0 USB port on a computer and you push 1amp into it, the risks are that much higher of a failure attended or not. :)

I havent figured out if we're really having more battery problems lately or its just be'n broadcasted/talked about more in recent times therefore seeming like we're having more battery issues????

I havent figured out if we're really having more battery problems lately or its just be'n broadcasted/talked about more in recent times therefore seeming like we're having more battery issues????

Exactly.  this goes for darn near everything.  when I was a little one we never heard of a lot of the crimes and crap we do now.  But now thanks to the great and powerful Interwebz I can hear what happened in Podunk USA.  we are much more exposed to everything world wide now.

Exactly. this goes for darn near everything. when I was a little one we never heard of a lot of the crimes and crap we do now. But now thanks to the great and powerful Interwebz I can hear what happened in Podunk USA. we are much more exposed to everything world wide now.

Whad ya hear bout in Podunk I've been good lately? LoL![emoji14]

Says it supports 1A wall charging

I thought I should chime in and clear this up...

Amps are DRAWN, not pushed.  If your device (PV) is rated @ 1A, then your charger must be rated at 1A MINIMUM, because that is what the receiving device will attempt to draw from the charger.

If you hook it to a charger that is rated at 500mA (0.5A), it will charge, allbeit slower, but the stress (load) on the charger will cause it to heat up, possibly over-heat, and if it is a "cheap charger" (AKA Chinese junk), there is the possibility of fire (at the worst), or the charger's lifespan will be diminished (at best).

Consequently, if you hook it to a charger capable of providing 2A, then your charger will be working at a maximum of half-load, and will be less likely to heat-up, over-heat, or cause any safety issues... of course, barring any electrical-circuit issues with the device being charged (such as dead-shorts, damaged circuits, damaged wires, damaged battery, etc.), which could cause the device to draw more Amps than it should.

Bottom line, use a charger with an output rating of at LEAST the input rating of the device.  Preferably, the charger's Amp-rating should be higher than the device it is charging.  There is zero issue with using a wall-wart charger rated higher Amps than the device being charged, again, providing the device and charger are in good working order.