Co-worker is now new vaper!

Now that I'm back in an office (not working from home), I have had LOTS of opportunities to talk to even more people about vaping!

One of my co-workers had tried vaping a while back, and basically started out with an over-priced eGo from a smoke-shop... no support, no knowledge, and obviously gave it up rather quickly...   She was asking about what I used, and what would be good for her to get started again.  She wasn't really wanting to spend another $100 and get nothing out of it, so I set her up with one of my iStick 20W and a KPT2 as a loaner.  I went with her on lunch today and helped her pick out a juice at the local vape shop, which fortunately was only a couple blocks from the office.

I showed her how to adjust the Voltage / Wattage, disassemble the tank, fill the tank, change the coils, etc., and I also gave her a handful of coils I had re-built @ 2.2 Ohm (which are perfect for the iSticks!). 

Well, she just sent me an email, asking if I would sell her the iStick and tank, because she doesn't want to give them back :D  She's hooked!

She also wants me to go back with her tomorrow, so she can buy another battery and more tanks/coils/juice. 

I told her the blue iStick and KPT2 would be my gift to her, and I had a silver one I'd sell her for what I paid for it (from the VT store), to save her some $ over retail....  So, I guess tomorrow we'll be off to the vape shop again for more juice and additional tank shopping, lol.

I think I'm nearly as excited as she is :)

Way to go, Earthling! Please to be giving us updates on how she's doing?  :D

Will do!  I'll keep encouraging her, and keep asking her how her juice/coils are holding out... just to let her know I'm genuinely interested in her progress and success :)

I DO NOT miss the leg burns from a slightly overfilled Zippo lighter....

+50 :D

Tam, I had a couple of ml of Comp's snickerdoodle left over, so I enticed her with that :) 

Mirage, I told her about the forum and gave her a VT Store "business card" too...  I think with my next order, I may request a few more cards... I'm out :shock:

You guys are funny. Sorry, but I really don't have any interest in RTAs at the moment. Never say never, something shiny might come along to tempt me but so far... no.  :(

I've no doubt that Earthling will find something else to tempt my wallet anytime now. He's that good!  :lol:

Here's adding to your story. A co-worker came to me because someone told her I was the "expert" on vaping. She got some bad news from her doctor who said she must quit smoking. She's only in her mid-thirties yet her lungs were that of a 70 year old.

Just so happens that I have an extra back up of a back up with me. I gave it to her along with a charger and AC adapter, a 10 ml bottle of 24 ml juice that she fell in love with at first vape. When I got home tonight I went through some of my back up stuff and got two more eGo T batteries, another two chargers and one AC adapter, seven various tanks with extra coils... those all went into a goodie bag that will be gifted to her tomorrow. Then, I'll take her to the local B&M to get her more 24 mg juice so she can switch off. Might've saved her over a hundred bucks and got her off on the right foot.  :)

That's awesome, Tam!  You've been looking for a way to get rid of some of your "excess"... and paying it forward to a new vaper is the best way (and most rewarding, too)!

Now, when you finish going through your mini-warehouse, lol, you'll probably find plenty more for the next person?  I don't have much left for noobies, but next time I run across a cheap deal on eGo-T's and starter-tanks... I'll probably snag them for a noob-care-package :)

An update on my co-worker...  Today is her second day smoke-free, and she's been asking good questions about different coil resistances, settings on the iSticks, and about different style/brands of tanks.  She's also bought additional tanks so she can have multiple flavors ready at all times :)  If she can make it through the weekend without lighting-up, I think she'll be home-free!  I also just found out that she has a little support at home, too... her niece is living with her (to go to college), and she's an on/off vaper... I think with both of them supporting each other, her niece will be encouraged to keep vaping, and they'll both be better for it.

Here's an update: she went through the whole night without one single cigarette! :animier:

Got all the other stuff to her this morning and gave her a quick tutorial on how to use them. She's stoked! :D

I bet she tripped out when you handed it to her... :)

I bet she tripped out when you handed it to her... :)

She did! She was so excited about getting so much. The only thing she has to buy is the AC adapter for the charger and some different flavors of 24 mg juice. I only had one flavor in that mg of nic. This weekend I'll go through some of my other stashes to see what else she'll get.

One problem I'm coming up on is matching the extra coils with the tanks. It's like a puzzle. lol