Yet another noob

Greetings all,

After 27 years of on and off smoking...mostly on, by far, I gave up the analogs 15 days ago in favor of vaping. I tried the convenience store e-cigs a few months ago, (blu), but they simply didn't do the trick. Nasty taste and nowhere near the satisfaction. So I started doing some research and as a birthday gift to myself I took the plunge and went and bought a Kanger EMOW.

As far as satisfaction goes, it definitely does the trick for thoae 65 mil. ecommutes I make between home and work, work and home. It also keeps me going and satisfied during the work day.

I quickly found myself wanting to try different ejuice flavors, so rather than put just a few drops in the stock clearomizer, I went and got myself a Kanger Protank III mini. I love that as well. So that solved the urge to try more flavors in a quicker fashion, and I'm quickly finding flavors that please my palate and flavors I can just ignore.

I also quickly found myself wanting more. I really have no desire to go cloud chasing, but when I drink beer, I quickly found myself wanting more out of my vaping experience, much like with analogs...I smoked more when I drank. I now want to vape more when I drink.

Of course, my inquiring mind led me to even more research, more videos on youtube and more questions. Regulated box mods, RDA's, RBA's, sub-ohm, PG vs VG and the advantages/disadvantages of each. It can definitely be overwhelming to a noob. Thankfully there are a ton of great people here and a ton of great videos and reviews on youtube.

I have now taken the plunge and purchased a Sigelei 100w and a Kanger Subtank mini. For the record, I'm not sold on Kanger, but I haven't been disappointed so far in my youthful vaping experience.

In short...thanks to all the vets here and elsewhere around the web. It definitely makes a seemingly overwhelming world of choices a lot easier to deal with when there is such a vast amount of knowledge at our fingertips.

welcome_hey_1.jpg

congrats on your 15 days without coffin nails..

yer Sigelei/Subtank combo is a very nice setup & will give you plenty of enjoyment...

beware hang on to your protank mini & use it as a backup if your goto rig ever fails...

Edited by HOOKER

Welcome to Vapor Talk,don't be afraid to ask questions! The Sigelei & Subtank mini is a fantastic setup.I know people get discouraged with those starter kits like the EVOD because they don't make the transition from analogs to vaping very pleasant.I feel that if you want to quit smoking you should do it right the first time of course being knowledgeable on your equipment is paramount.Good luck on your vaping journey!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Much warmer than another forum I joined.

@HOOKER...Thanks for the advice about hanging onto the protank mini. I want to try as many as my wallet can afford, but I do like the convenience of the smaller tank. I may find myself with three more protank mini's before long.

@TugBoat...I thoroughly enjoy my EMOW for the commute, but I am loving the Sigelei/subtank setup. I like the options of the basic RBA deck as an avenue to start learning or the OCC head for convenience.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Much warmer than another forum I joined.

@HOOKER...Thanks for the advice about hanging onto the protank mini. I want to try as many as my wallet can afford, but I do like the convenience of the smaller tank. I may find myself with three more protank mini's before long.

@TugBoat...I thoroughly enjoy my EMOW for the commute, but I am loving the Sigelei/subtank setup. I like the options of the basic RBA deck as an avenue to start learning or the OCC head for convenience.

One thing you will hear preached, yelled, and written is backups.  Don't sell, give anything away, trade ect, until you get some backups, and backups of backups!

The subtank mini is my all day rig right now.  I really think it is great!  I use mine on the ipv mini 2, and the sigelei mini 30w.

If you are like the most of us here, your wallet will suffer for a while, but after quitting smoking you will eventually get ahead!

Welcome aboard!

Like Jason said, get some back ups. I recently went through four of my back up batteries before one of them finally worked for me. Well, that and two different coils. You can never have too many back ups. Seriously. 

Right in line with the back ups will be us repeating SAFETY FIRST! We really do go on about doing research before jumping in, especially when building your own coils. You can never do too much research and always remember to put safety first.  :)

As for being friendlier than another forum... we get that a lot. It helps that most of us are pretty much nuts, it makes us appear friendly. At least on the outside.  :D

@Jason - I already plan on backups of backups of backups. Heck...I bought 6 batteries when I bought the Sigelei...lol.

@Tam...I totally get the SAFETY FIRST idea. Fortunately, I have a Master's degree in electrical engineering, so I'm kind of familiar with Ohm's Law and I already feel confident with the idea of building my own coils. I still need to do a lot of research on different batteries and some other things, but I'm sure I'll turn into a coil building junkie before long...lol

I got a Subtank Nano a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it.I have two Atlantis tanks coming but I don't seem them being any better than the Nano but who knows I could be wrong.Im slowly moving away from drippers because sub ohm clearos are taking over And do everything that I want them to do.But don't get me wrong I love my RDA's

Hey, guys, what do you say to going over to the contest area? I think there's a 30 ml bottle of your choice of flavor from Comp's stash as a prize.

Since you're new, Adversarious1, Comp is the owner of Fadora Vapors. He's one of our favorite juice-ologists on the forum.  :)

Hey, guys, what do you say to going over to the contest area? I think there's a 30 ml bottle of your choice of flavor from Comp's stash as a prize.

Since you're new, Adversarious1, Comp is the owner of Fadora Vapors. He's one of our favorite juice-ologists on the forum. :)

I don't see anything in the contest area,Tam.

@Jason - I already plan on backups of backups of backups. Heck...I bought 6 batteries when I bought the Sigelei...lol.

6!  Sounds like you will fit in good around here. @Earthling789 can only buy things in multiples of 2!  He will be around in a bit to help you (and the rest of us) spend money.

@Tam...I totally get the SAFETY FIRST idea. Fortunately, I have a Master's degree in electrical engineering, so I'm kind of familiar with Ohm's Law and I already feel confident with the idea of building my own coils. I still need to do a lot of research on different batteries and some other things, but I'm sure I'll turn into a coil building junkie before long...lol

The safety thing is most important, but, a close second is that it will be nice to have someone to answer all of my geeky electronic questions!