40yr smoker, two or more packs per day

Snooks

Hello everyone, never wanted to quit smoking (liked them too much) but due to other loved one's around me and knowing that one day they would probably get me, I went to a vape shop and started vaping, haven't picked up a cig in a year, has really been no problem for me (amazing since I smoked so much) can still be around smokers and I don't crave one, the smoke dosen't even bother me, still get to smoke without all the bad stuff in it. Started at 24mg and am now down to 9m. My question is what do y'all think about all the media hype on how it is just as bad as cigs for you, I don't believe it because I breath better and quit coughing about a week after I started!!

My question is what do y'all think about all the media hype on how it is just as bad as cigs for you, I don't believe it because I breath better and quit coughing about a week after I started!!

It's BS

Next questions? :)

^^^ agree with them^^^

Welcome to Vapor Talk. Until an actual independent scientific study is done to prove one way or the other without bias, it is all BS from the negative stand point.

It is big pharma and big tobacco funded studies that are not conducted in actual use manners.

After smoking for 30 years and trying the couple of unsuccessful tries using the patch I found vaping 6 months ago, haven't felt better.

Well now, it'll be 2 years of vaping in May for me and so far the negative side effects include: No more hacking out a lung every morning, easier breathing, no more breathless stair climbs, no more arm falling asleep when I park my head on it whilst sleeping, no more panic attacks because of shortness of breath, better tasting food, more sensitive smelling, no more OCD about being down to my last 3 cigs, no more coughing when trying to speak to a class, no more wasting brain power watching the clock waiting for the next chance to smoke, significantly less expense, better flavour, more variety, better consistent throat hit with proper liquids and equipment, the hobby fun factor, enjoyment derived from discussing different vaping options and equipment, better blood pressure, feeling returned to fingers and toes, (x rated: better male function), more regular digestion, no more feelings that I'm going to hack myself to death and knowing full well I brought it on my self, no more cravings, no more anxiety that I've got to cut back on these things if I can't quit, and on and on and on........ Sometimes I still wonder at how easy it was over all and that I can go and go and go without wanting a cig after almost 50 years of thinking living without cigs wasn't wort living at all. Thanks to all the engineers and chemists amateur and professional who made and keep improving all the equipment and liquid to make this breakthrough in quitting smoking so enjoyable. I certainly don't know the long term effects of 50 years of vaping, but I do know the effects of 50 years of smoking, and if the last two years for me are any indication, I'll take vaping and FCUK the naysayers, lobbyists, greedy corporate scaredy cats, idiot congressmen and just plain stupid FDA bureaucrats.

I don't even pay attention to the vaping headlines anymore. If I stumble across something and find no legitimate study done, I just shrug and move on. There's so much negative blasting going on right now that I just choose to not even bother. :)

On a lighter note, welcome to VT! Glad to hear that you had little to no issue when quitting. I've been here for a little over two years and have been stinky-free for just about that long!