New To Vaping - Can't taste the flavours

steveoswithmilk

Hi All,

So Last week I went down to my local Vaping store and brought a 'Aspire CF G-power' Vapor stick and it has a 'K1 Glass Tank' on it.

I then brought 4 Flavours: Virginia ( Cig Flavor ), Apple, Peach & Grape.

I've tried all of these but there is little to no difference in the taste, other than the grape which just tastes a bit sweeter than the others. The Virgina Flavor was just horrid.

All of these are 12ml bottles with 18mg of Nicotine in them.

What can I do to improve the taste of these or is it the amount of nicotine that is having an affect ?

Thanks !

Sounds like you have vaper's tongue. It happens. I'm no doctor but from what I understand as the cells of your taste buds begin to change they die off and are replaced with new ones. It's a natural thing and happens to everyone all the time. You're only noticing now because I assume you're trying to quit smoking. There's all sorts of remedies. The most important thing to do is drink lots of water. Twice as much as you did before you started vaping. Vaping severely dehydrates you. It should pass within a week or so. It could also be your tank and/or coil but that's a whole other story. More than likely it's the dreaded vaper's tongue.

Edited by gag8tor

Welcome! And gag8ator is correct in that is probably Vapor's Tongue. Stick with it and you will start to feel the taste buds doing their job. For some people it takes longer than others. For me, it took about 2 weeks-a month to fully get my buds back. I too smoked around 30 analogs a day.

Nicotine DEFINITELY affects flavor. When you are starting out vaping you are typically tasting 0 nic or 6 nic juices at the shops. Anything over 12 will taste WAY different than that.

Get ready for the hall of "finding your juice". My advice is be patient and willing to vape not so good flavors at first. You will find some that are passable.

Keep in mind vaping is very different from smoking so there is some adjustment going on too. Be patient with it. Your tastes will be changing over the next couple of months. It will get better. Don't let it discourage you. Persist and ride it out.

Tell me the maker of the juice. Not alk juices are alike. Some are better than others. Ask for recommends in juice forum.

In my opinion you haven't been vaping long enough to experience vaper's tongue (losing flavor from vaping same flavor over time). However, the advice to up you water intake is very valid.

Hope that helps

Edited by Bebop

Taste is subjective, It would be my thought that it is just weak juice. Like Bebop said not all juice is created equal. I would also ask what brand it is this could help us with your question. There are juices out there that are just junk. For example a lot of the juice that you get for $2.00 at the gas staion are just crap there is a reason why it is so cheap. Head down to the Juice Review section on the board there are many to reviews there that will help guide you to better flavors.

Bebop and Comp make very valid points and give good advice. Also, the PG/VG ratio of the juice will make a difference in how well you taste the flavor. Higher VG will give you more vapor, but it will also mute the flavor (PG is the flavor carrier), and gunk up coils faster. :)

Watch as many juice reviews as you can.I'm always looking for something different.Like Bebop said stick with it,it does get better.Mt Baker makes great juice,Virgin Vapor's juice is good too,very flavorful. And of course Fadora Vapor makes an excellent product.The owner Compenstine is very knowledgeable and is a really great guy.He really strives to please your tastes and needs,You tell him what you are looking for in a juice and he won't disappoint.I can promise you that.

Hey all - thanks for the replies, the Juice i've got isn't branded, just in a clear bottle with a white label. The PG/VG mix says : 70/30.

I've been trying to drink more water since yesterday and I am starting to taste other things a little better but no luck with the juice.

Still, I'd rather be smoking flavour-less juice than regular cigs

Hey all - thanks for the replies, the Juice i've got isn't branded, just in a clear bottle with a white label. The PG/VG mix says : 70/30.

I've been trying to drink more water since yesterday and I am starting to taste other things a little better but no luck with the juice.

Still, I'd rather be smoking flavour-less juice than regular cigs

Hmmmm.........well, though not branded doesn't automatically disqualify it, I would have to say it's highly suspect. I mean if it's not branded they must be making it in the "back room" or worse, repackaging it. I don't know, I wouldn't trust it if it were me. Is this a legitimate "vape only" shop? Or is it vape supplies in an otherwise general store or even smoke shop?

You would do well to do some research on sources of juices in your area. What area of the UK are you in?

IMHO, always make sure the juice is made in the united state of america not usa, china or any other place in china.

Play around with your airflow , voltagewattage settings until you start to find what you like. Try some juices in a 50/50 ratio with no nic. If you get juice that is made on the spot, wait 4 to 5 days to develop flavor.

I am assuming you don't have a cold or anything that is interfering with your sense of taste.

• 2 weeks later...

Your not being able to taste the flavor will get better over time. This is an effect of the use of cigarettes from before! Thankfully you are Vaping now, and will be able to regain the use of your tastebuds soon. The amount of nicotine may affect the taste but it is more from the cigarette use of your past. The longer you have with no Smokies the sooner you will be able to fully enjoy the flavors of what you are Vaping!

Hi All,

So Last week I went down to my local Vaping store and brought a 'Aspire CF G-power' Vapor stick and it has a 'K1 Glass Tank' on it.

I then brought 4 Flavours: Virginia ( Cig Flavor ), Apple, Peach & Grape.

I've tried all of these but there is little to no difference in the taste, other than the grape which just tastes a bit sweeter than the others. The Virgina Flavor was just horrid.

All of these are 12ml bottles with 18mg of Nicotine in them. 

What can I do to improve the taste of these or is it the amount of nicotine that is having an affect ?

Thanks !

I think you may have bought a bad line of ejuice. I advise going to a Vape lounge and try several flavors in each category...figure out your flavor profile. These are the categories:

1. Tobacco

2. Menthol

3. Desserts

4. Custards and Creams

5.Coffee, teas, other drinks

6. Candy

7. Unusual

The Hill Giant, and Skyline Vapor are just two online companies that sell most Premium Eliquid Brands; with no shipping charges or taxes. Skyline has popular brands like Suicide Bunny on sale right now. Many people swear by Mother's Milk, and it's on my list to try, as is Kings Crown -Bound By the Crown.