I think I'm too new ta try...

HOOKER

Only using clearomizor tanks since I started Jan 9

I think I'm too new ta try this RTA stuff,,

they tell me I wood getta better taste from my juice when I decide ta switch...

A lil nervous bout installing coils cuz my fingers are the size of a broom handles..

Whats a beginner RTA

I dont think dripping wood be efficient at this point without a backup tank incase sumpin goes south..

Know what you mean about waiting to rebuild due to hands that have a mind of their own.

My first attempt at rebuilding came on a Kayfun Mini which has a very, very small deck to work with. ( What was I thinking...)

Took some 32ga wire and wrapped 5 wraps around a 1.5mm mini screwdriver bit. Getting the cotton through was the hardest part for some reason.

Now I buy the pre-coiled micro coils, 50 in a pack for 3 bucks, and these old beat up hands get some rest.

They work great in my regular Kayfun and Russian.

More than one way to get the job done.

Which RTA wood ya suggest??

I been surfing all over & think it wood be beneficial ta my sanity ta buy prebuild coils like you...

edit.

Duh,, just re-read yer post.. Kayfun & Russian....

Edited by HOOKER

If you have a good B&M near you go hang out there. Talk to people who work there. I just bought my first RDA and the guy built me a single coil for the Freakshow RDA I bought. He walked me through it step by step and it's easy as pie. Best thing I can say is get a rebuildable with a large deck and start with single coils.

Edited by gag8tor

• 2 weeks later...

on the quest of looking for the flavor as close to ZigZag RYO tobacco,,

I got as close to it as I can think of,,

I used 2.5ml of Dekang Tobacco 18 then added 7.5ml of VG

wouldnt that be around a 4.5mg nicotine level??

as for the RDA,

I bought the Authentic?? Dragon from Cigreen ( as seen in the "Vape mail thread"

after my 1st puff I'm as close as I'm going to get as in taste...

it has waaaaaay too much cloud for me..

any ideas to cut the cloud down??

I'm going to run it by my B&M tomorrow after work to find out what the resistance is...

What is the pg/vg ratio of the dekang? If it is 100%, wouldn't 2.5ml of that and 7.5ml of vg give you a 25/75 mix in a 10ml bottle?

that is where you big cloud is coming from. Higher vg equals bigger cloud.

I didnt think of the Vamo.. thanks..

I've been told the Dekang is 100%pg,, I assumed thats where the cloud is coming from...

I can tell this Dragon will be a breaktime only device,, guess I better look for a tank style instead of a dripper ...

But the flavor ofmy old roll yer own is ALL THERE...

Yup Vamo says,, overload 0.2ohm...

With my age & short term memory loss, I glad ya reminded me that I could get that info from Vamo...

I kept getting a reading on my digital ohm meter of 0.0017 & I KNEW that wasnt right!!!

Hooker, snag a good Ohm meter from one of our trusted vendors, like Sweet-vapes or the VT store. I got my latest one (Eleaf) from one of the vendors for ~ $10. You don't have to have a dedicated meter, but it helps, so you can read resistance, and attach the coils using the meter as a stable base :)

From what I've read, DeKang is not 100% PG. Most of their juices are 80/20, but I've read where some of their mixes are 90/10... and some are 75/25. Personally, those I've tried had the consistency and throat-hit of an 80/20 juice... But, that is the best, most scientific analysis I can give you :) As George suggested, you can always cut them with some pure VG to thicken them up, but you will sacrifice some flavor because you're "watering it down" so to speak...

Welp,,

ya guys gotta old man feeling froggy!!!!!!

I tried the coil building thing & >>>> I LOVE IT... <<<<

having the right tools helps out a LOT...

I do need ta getta stand but an old mod & a vise werks great also....

whatta ya think of my 1st attemp???

20150308_121857.jpg

20150308_123301.jpg

20150308_123338.jpg

thanks,, Ameravape Manhatten clone with a high drain 40A batt...

not as hot of hit as the coils that were sent with Sig S,,

these coils seem to be werking good..

thinking bout buying a Coil Master 5in1 coiling tool or maybe digging my Boggs Tacklemaker machine out...

All I can suggest is tightening up the coils. You have one that is almost tight and the other has gaps between the wraps. They should both be the same one way or the other not a mix. Pull the wick and heat them up then squeeze the coils with tweezers till the glow from the inside out. Do not fire the coils and squeeze at the same time however unless you are using ceramic tipped tweezers.

I gotta get a set of those ceramic tip tweezers,, my B&M is starting to expand his inventory into DIY items & TOOLS,, if he gets his order within the next few days, I'll buy'm,, if not I'll order'm... we on 5-11's this week & I wont get a chance to practice til next Fri nite...

well I feel I'm still new to be a dripper but no professional ever got where they are today without practice.

I do like this Magma with its large deep well,,

I have it built with a .53 coil & it tastes great,, I'm not a changing from flavor to flavor.

its easy to put 5-7 drops in hole put driptip back on & keep on working...

it cant get much easier than that!!!