whats yer weather? pic...

Pic 1 is a limit of crappie

Pic 2 is a 7lb 4oz largemouth

Pic 3 is a 75lb+ Blue Catfish my wife caught while we were running around in the Baja one night. We caught 11 over 50lbs last year but hers was the biggest! My scale only goes to 75 lbs and it bottomed it out lol

Edited by bcartervol98

hey gag8tor,,

get prepared for a nice weekend,, cuz its nice here taday & calling for us a nice weekend,,

I'll pass along the good weather if we dont use it all up......

The crappie pic was the "before" here are the "after" ones lol

Dang.  Really makes miss my Grandma and Grandad.  He loved crappie fishing.  That is all he fished for.  Years ago he had a cabin on Lake Falcon (TX/Mexico Border) They kept a freezer full all the time.  My Grandmother cooked crappie for 3 years after he died.  Your picture looks just like hers!

Omg,crappie is probably one of the best tasting fish I've ever had.I like it fried like that with a little malt vinegar and tarter sauce.

I really don't have a source for crappie any more, but I have a buddy that buys a lot of Halibut out of Alaska.  It is amazing!  I get a few pounds a couple times a year when he orders.  We cook it both in corn meal and beer batter.

Jason,I hear you.Our lakes here in the Dallas area are so insanely low,Lake Ray Hubbard on my side of town is bone dry and you can damn near walk across it.15-20 feet low in some places I think

try coating t in Zaterains Cajun Seasoning....

oh yeah,, the fillets will NEVER make it to the dinner table!!!!

I really don't make time to fish/hunt any more so everything I get is farm raised catfish or the "imported" halibut.  I will definitely try it though.  I love Cajun spices!

Jason,I hear you.Our lakes here in the Dallas area are so insanely low,Lake Ray Hubbard on my side of town is bone dry and you can damn near walk across it.15-20 feet low in some places I think

I know!  It is so sad.  I went through Breckenridge yesterday and Lake Hubbard was near dry. In fact I could see a small stream that was about 10 feet wide twisting through the bottom of the lake where it was nearly a mile across when I was a kid.

I'll send you all some of our water... after the 2' of snow melted, it's rained here at some point in the day, every day, except 4 days in the past two weeks.  The river has receded back into her banks, but just barely... and my yard is a soggy mixture of "moat" and "grass" :)  I'd be very pleased to see a week of clear, warm weather!

A buddy of mine is fishing the Bassmaster Elite right now on the Sabine River in Texas and is 20th going into day three where only 50 make the cut. We are one of his sponsors too so it's pretty cool to see him doing well in his first Elite series event. For non fishermen it's like the NFL of fishing....the highest level.

Not even sure what part of Texas that is in but it looks like the water is crazy low in the pics but not sure. Our lake here in Tennessee is the lowest I have ever seen it. Hoping TVA starts bringing it up soon.

Tug is it still low after all that rain we got? My pond is overflowing.