FYI: World No Tobacco Day 2015 awards - call for nominations

Geneva, 30 January 2015 - The World Health Organization (WHO) is calling for nominations to the World No Tobacco Day 2015 Awards of individuals or organizations in each of the six WHO Regions for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control.

The deadline for submissions is Thursday, 5 March 2015.

==============================================

gee-wiz

I never shared why I find this important

I feel the ENTIRE Vaping Culture should be nominated.

To include but limited to:

• Vape Machine Manufactures
  • ejuice manufactures
  • Vaping YouTube Channels
  • Vaping Forums
  • and the last, but hardly the least, the Vapors

.... never in the history of tobacco have more people stopped smoking Cigs.

The most important faucet is amount of heavy smokers that are throwing away their ashtrays away

I will make a open challenge to the world to prove me wrong.

The biggest problem, as it appears to me, is that the non-vapors don't understand what they are seeing is vapor. The non-informed have no knowledge of what they are seeing.

They just see a 'cloud' and think --- Oh, that must be bad for me.

There really needs to be better public education of the topic.

It would be a rare doctor that feels safe enough to tell a patient to Vape

It would be a rare doctor that feels safe enough to tell a patient to Vape

My doctor (and I) thought I'd never quit smoking, and since I quit 11 months ago, solely by the use of vaping... he has been recommending vaping to all his smokers. He's not a rare doctor to do this. Many "real" doctors, who are educated and have common-sense, are beginning to jump on the band-wagon of vaping. Sure, long-term effects are not really known, but the desired result of quitting smoking is real, measurable, and definitely an improvement to the quality of a person's life (and lifestyle). More and more doctors are recommending vaping to those patients who smoke, and want to quit. Although, I'm sure they wouldn't admit it to the AMA or insurance companies :) Big-insurance doesn't want you to vape... they want you to use Chantix, patches, and gum... because those are "approved" (read: funded by premiums, backed by big-pharma) methods :D

thanks Tam flower.gif

and as for the post

I nominated the entire Vaping Community and have even emailed the nominations to the respective WHO offices already

... from manufactures, ejuice blenders, forums, YouTube and everyone one of you that help others get off cigarettes

wondering if I used 'vapor' or 'vaper' ermm.gif

damn I should of let Tam proof it for me

Edited by eCloudMaker

I hadda appt last Fri @ 215p with my Dr. & he was impressed that I stop'd smoking & start'd vaping...

Said he had no problems considering the amount of cigs I went through while in his care

coodnt imagine a person thats my size, overweight,smoked like a freight train & has OMG high blood pressure wooda EVER gave up his smokes..

he's a fich'n buddy of mine soooo we get along pretty good..

he's told me a couple of years ago while we was in my HOTT CRAPPIE SPOT that I wood catch more fich if I didnt have cigarette smoke residue on as I was fingers...

Yup as I put 3 fich ta his 1 in the cooler livewell...

Fri he just shook his head & says he wants ta go again soon but wants me ta let him getta head start before I start harvesting....

Dr's that are up ta date in medicine wood rather see a person vape than smoke cigs

Now I wont push my newfound habit on a smoker but when they ask'd me how I stop'd smoking,, I share my experience with'm...